• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

Thanks gentlemen...!!

It's a massive piece...which really tames any recoil the .44 magnum dishes out.

Yes it does sir. I recall when I first shot my 44 for the 1st time, I was worried about the the recoil and possibly slipping out of my hand cause I had the pearl grips, but to my surprise it was suddel because of how heavy the 44 is.

It's been a while since I've done much gun photography but here are a few S&W's from a while back.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Trigger pull is pretty heavy on double action. Any DYI modes I can do?

Nice little .357 ;)

You should be able to swap in a lighter mainspring and possibly a lighter rebound slide spring. If you do swap any springs and use the gun for personal defense be sure to run at least 100 rounds of your chosen load through it to make sure you have consistent ignition and function before relying on it. Before you do that though I'd dry fire it a few hundred times, they usually smooth up noticeably with some cycling of the action and that might be enough to call it good. And if you do or will use it for defense I would prefer to run the factory springs - just my 2 cents :)

I noticed the same thing. Picked up a 642 with CT grips on it. Love the gun, hated the trigger pull. Picked up some cheap dummy rounds from Amazon and (albeit it out of proper form, shame on me) just worked the trigger. Not only did it loosen a bit, I'm now more comfortable with the heavy trigger pull and can dump all 5 rounds in a 3 in group rapidly, more than good enough for self defense.

It's been a while since I've done much gun photography but here are a few S&W's from a while back.

You know how to put a good light box to great use! Good job.

I like the TRR Model 22 you have. I had one early after first release. It wasn't just a very low serial number on a limited edition gun; mine was s/n TRR0022 (tracked it down to Ellett Bros in NC) so I really wanted to keep it. I had terrible luck with mine. You'd be amazed at how bad this was, and it wasn't the too-tall front sight problem. Sold it. If I get another .45 Auto revolver I'd rather have a 625 like yours.

And I also like the 6" 28-2, and is that a 4" Model 29-5?

Last edited:
Nice little .357 ;)

You should be able to swap in a lighter mainspring and possibly a lighter rebound slide spring. If you do swap any springs and use the gun for personal defense be sure to run at least 100 rounds of your chosen load through it to make sure you have consistent ignition and function before relying on it. Before you do that though I'd dry fire it a few hundred times, they usually smooth up noticeably with some cycling of the action and that might be enough to call it good. And if you do or will use it for defense I would prefer to run the factory springs - just my 2 cents :)

Great advice Sir.

So I have a local gunsmith that will polish the internals and adjust the springs for $65. Seems like a good deal, but I'm not sure?

So I have a local gunsmith that will polish the internals and adjust the springs for $65. Seems like a good deal, but I'm not sure?

That'd be cheap around here, but chances of finding a good smith are hit and miss too.

Back