• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

I came across a Ruger GP100 Match Champion the other day.... Now I want one.... real bad lol

That's a thing of beauty LES. I have always been a Vaquero fan. You are a good son to your Pop.

Thanks Gentlemen.

That's a thing of beauty LES. I have always been a Vaquero fan. You are a good son to your Pop.

He had an old .357 mag S&W revolver that he gave to a friend a few years ago and we found a couple boxes of .357 mag ammo in his safe a couple months back when I visited. He also has an extra hand tooled leather cowboy rig just sit'n around. So, ammo with nothing to shoot it through and a holster with nothing to put in it.......what better reason to buy a gun!

He sent me home with a truckload of guns when I was down there, so filling his holster is the least I could do...

I'm looking for an interesting 6-shooter, and I ran across this .38 cal conversion "reproduction" of a civil war revolver.

Anybody heard anything about these? I'm concerned about the open frame design, but with .38s it should be pretty tame because of the overall heft. This is the Cimmaron Hollywood Frontier "Man with no Name" by Uberti.

I can get this for $505 + fees and tax.

This would be a toy, for fun shooting, and nothing more, but still I'm concerned about durability.

38cal.jpg

For $12 more I can get this Blackhawk in .30 carbine.
blackhawk.JPG
I was thinking of a Vaquero, but I want this one more.
I dunno why...
It's black? looks badazz? plus .30 carbine seems like such a cool caliber.

Didn't know those came in 30 carbine. Cool find.

The Blackhawk in .357 Mag will allow you to shoot all the various loadings of both .357 and .38.

.30 Carbine seems to all be 110 gr and the only choices I can find is FMJ or soft point. Hornady does have a Critical Defense load too.

It just seems the .357 would be more flexible and economical to shoot.

A fine gun, but everybody and his dog has a .357 so there's much less motivation to own one for me & I'd be happier with.380a or .38 colt shorties specials.

I kinda wish my Mossberg 464 was chambered in .30 carbine.

Then the kids could shoot it.

That .30-30 carbine has too much kick to be much fun at the range.

(EDIT>>> Hmmm....38 colt has been obsolete since the end of the BP days. I guess everything is commonly .38s/.357/mag.)

Last edited:
BTW, ammograb.com is listing .30 carbine available in many brands, from 26 cents to $1.21 a round:
I saw Federal, Armscor, Hornaday, Remington, Herters, Sperry, Aguila (?) American-Quality, & Magtech (plus some cheapos like Prvi and Tul which I'd avoid.)

Why would you avoid prvi and tula?

especially in a revolver?

Why would you avoid prvi and tula?

especially in a revolver?

Ummm...'cause I don't know WTF I'm doing. :rolleyes:
Actually I've been told their ammo was sorta cheap quality stuff & not good for reloading because of the cases.

Just picked this up from a friend of mine yesterday for $350...

( Yea...awesome price !! )

...and ran two boxes ( 1 Magnum / 1 Special ) bench rested through her this morning...I was impressed with the accuracy at 50 and 100 yards.

a3ece885-595e-4f2c-89ff-3451a96e3dfd_zpssryb40an.jpg

SPECS:

Manufactured: Late 1982
Action: Single
Capacity: Six Rounds
Caliber: .44 Magnum / Special
Frame: Stainless Steel
Finish: Satin Stainless
Cylinder: Unfluted
Barrel: 7.5"
Grips: Hardwood
Weight: 48 ozs.