• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

Re: My Gemini custom .357

Learn something new every other day....thanks for sharing

My "prettiest" gun

Got a few firearms, not all that many. All are utilitarian to some degree. And I don't really care about putting dings or scratches on 'em if duty calls for it, whether it be hunting, work, training, or general range use. They're just guns.

I think maybe the best looking gun I own is a toss-up between a four year old Browning Gold Fusion with select walnut stock, or a S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman revolver in blue luster finish that is 35-years old.

I'm going with the Model 28 as my best looking, at least I think so this week. I know... I've seen gorgeous works of art and some true masterpieces. But that's not how I roll. If I am afraid to put a permanent mark on it, I don't want it.

Model28-2_Hogue.jpg

Don't forget to chime in or add a comment. Except you, Rossignol. ;) You won't let me come to your house.

Re: My "prettiest" gun

Thanks much! It isn't an ugly gun, of that I'm sure! Not too many shooters here seem to be into revolvers, though.

I also considered this Model 14-6 S&W .38-Spl but the 28 was my final choice.

ForSale14-6fullleft2web.jpg

I'm not huge into revolvers due to limited ammo and the mechanical issues that can pop up that require a gunsmith, but I've been looking into a small back up revolver lately. I think I just need to get out and shoot one. The only one I've shot was a Raging Bull .500 when I was 12. And that wasn't a good experience.

Surprisingly, I don't own a single revolver. I believe that I will inherit several from both sides of my family one of these days, but I have never personally bought one. And I'm not rushing it either.

I'm not a huge pistol guy to begin with.

I can count on one hand the pistols that I own.

Of those, I did a lot of modifications to the XD40 5" and it's a definate shooter. I really like it and I keep it under my pillow and is my first grab if I hear a bump in the night.

I upgraded the recoil rod/spring with a Sprinco stainless steel 2 stage rod, added a slide bushing, tuned the action with sprinco reduced power springs, did my own trigger job and made an extended slide release (way before there were aftermarket versions) and put some williams fiber sights on it.

And the handgun I usually OC is an old Ruger P85. Yeah, I know, it's not the latest greatest gun and it has been years since it has seen any press in the gun rags, the Army adopted the Beretta 92 instead of it, but it has never failed to go bang when I pull the trigger.

Matter of fact, I've owned it twice now. When I first got it, I traded a Pioneer cassette car radio for it, and hung onto it through all the ban years, and finally broke down and sold it to a buddy of mine who wanted it, and he kept it for about 3 years . Then work started taking me all over 3 states in some pretty bad area's any given hour day or night on a regular basis and I needed a truck gun, and I bought it back off of him for what he paid for it.

I figure if I've ended up with it twice, I may as well hang onto it.

nitesite said:
Except you, Rossignol. ;) You won't let me come to your house.

I was gonna reply to this last night, but I was near speechless and couldnt think of anything witty to come back with... You got me darnit.

Great lookin revolvers! The very first handgun I ever fired was a S&W .38 Special and I've loved revolvers ever since. I dont own any... maybe one day if I find the right one.

I really like the way revolvers show holster wear, I could care less about perfect blueing, and nicks and scratches are character! ;)

Those are beautiful! :D

Some fine lookin' specimens there nitesite !!

Here my "prettiest" revolver... Colt SAA in .45Colt ( shown next to a Ruger Bisley Vaquero...not too shabby either !!)

COWBOYSIXSHOOTERS-2.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. They really aren't all that special or rare. Thousands just like 'em were made.

Lazy, those are Hogue grips.

Shooter, that SAA in .45 Colt really gets my attention! Right cartridge, right length... Perfect.

Rossi, I forgive you. Hell, I like you!

BTW, I looked at this thread on the laptop in my patrol car (which is a very nice Dell wrapped in Kevlar) and the screen colors/contrast made my pics look like 14-carat excrement. The guns looked pure black. Uggh.....

One time I found myself in the back of a squad car on the way to the local pd (bad night) and the cop kept messaging a female cop (personal messages at that) and I swear he was going to kill us. He ended up running two red lights on accident cuz he was reading the laptop

Back on topic, those grips are sweet looking.

When my Charger is in DRIVE the screen top gets folded down and I never, repeat NEVER, try to text or type while I'm driving. That is beyond retarded; it could and should be career ending if anyone gets hurt or injured.

Some day, take a set of binoculars with you in the car. When the road is wide open and no one else can be seen ahead of you, try to drive while looking thru them. You'll last all of about 0.099 seconds. It's effin' scary as hell. That's what you should feel like while texting on a cell phone or looking at a stoopid laptop computer, or DVD player on the dashboard.

My Pop's matching set of Colts...

Model 1840 Single Action Army, .45lc

These beauties have consecutive serial numbers and have never been rolled...

how does yours work les? any issues with yours or is it pretty solid? (been reading reviews cuz i want one and coming across a lot of mixed responses)

Back