• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 Shockwave, 1st impressions

Thank you all for chiming in, good points from all. It baffles me how these regulations work, but that's government for you, I'll leave it as is for now. I just prefer a regular pistol grip because it easier for me to hold the "firearm" at eye level and use the sights. With the birds head grip I hold it at rib cage level, I'm pretty accurate at close range, but I would rather hold it at eye level. I'll adapt

I've got a problem. After mounting my XS Big Dot, I can't get any sleep. The sucker is so bright at night that it lights up the bedroom. It's like trying to sleep at noon with the windows open. I reckon I'll need to sleep with my sunglasses on. :cool:

Rico, You need to just put the Big Dot under your pillow with the Shockwave at your side when you sleep. Keep it covered so it is warm.:rolleyes:

I don't think that changing the grip is going to make it "illegal" as long as the one you put on it is as long or longer than the one you took off of it.

This link explains it far better than I can. I think the ATF needs to enforce the laws that congress makes and the president signs, rather than trying to make them all the time contradicting their opinions every time they turn around, but that is a topic for another day.

http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=88/

Question: I have seen Shockwaves both with and without the rear sling stud on the Raptor handle. Does the Shockwave come with the stud or do I need to add one?

The initial ones that came from the distributors to the LGS did not have a sling stud on the rear grip, only the barrel nut. However the more recent models do. It will depend on where in the distribution stock your LGS gets your particular firearm. Considering how fast they are selling, more than likely, yours will already have the sling swivel stud.

Question: I have seen Shockwaves both with and without the rear sling stud on the Raptor handle. Does the Shockwave come with the stud or do I need to add one?
I just picked up a Shockwave this past week here in NE Georgia and it came with the stud on the grip. I am still thinking of putting a side-mount on it for a single-point sling hook-up.

The firearm handles better with the birdshead grip, and it is legal with the BATFE as it is. Why would you want to change it?

I want to change it because it is hard for me to bring it up at eye level and use the sights (I too have put an XS big dot on mine) a 90 degree angle PG is more comfortable. The Breechers grip has a spring in it to absorb recoil as well, making the gun even lighter recoiling. I am still confused, and haven't decided. I did read the ATF download and I do not think it will be a problem. It was never a shotgun, so the barrel restriction DNA, I just have to keep the OAL 26 + ".

I think mine needs a Magpul stock on it, so I guess SBS route coming up.. And another $200.. [emoji22].

God The NFA is so stupid....

"The more things are forbidden, the more popular they become." ~ Mark Twain

Back