• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715T Flash Hiders/Suppressor/Barrel Threading

Re: 715 t .22 LR Flash Suppressor Removal

Well, if you remove the outer shell and the charging handle, the firearm itself sould be flat enough on both sides to sandwich in a vise. You can use a couple pieces of rubber or thick leather to protect the finish...

Hmmm, sounds like a plan...Thanks! Wil post up after the removal....or breakage......whichever comes first..... ;)

Lookin forward to your report of a successful removal...

715t A2 muzzle break

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum.

Just bought a 715t flat top yesterday, looking forward to sending some rounds down range after the 10 day wait! (CA) Couple questions:

The A2 style muzzle break that comes on the rifle, is that just threaded on? Can be removed?
Is the barrel 1/2 x 28 ?

I like the way the A2 muzzle break looks, I may be putting a fake suppressor or different style break on and would like to know how it works.

Thanks in advance for the info, cant wait to try out this rifle!
Ryan

Re: 715t A2 muzzle break

Hey Ryan, congrats on the new rifle and welcome to the forum!

I've read that some 715Ts are threaded and some are not. Not sure if that's true, but mine is threaded. Also from what I've read, yes, the threads are 1/2"-28.

I feel for you having to wait 10 days! Around here, with the number of firearms being sold, the "wait" has gone from around 20 minutes to up to several hours.

Make sure you post up photos when you get it home! And a range report would be awesome :)

Ya, that's the worst part. Playing the waiting game. Check this out...when I bought it on Wednesday the guy told me i was the 1528th person in CA to register a gun today. It was only about noon!!! Unreal. I surely will post pics and range report.

Some of them are staked or pinned on, but if you can see a crush washer behind the flash hider then it's threaded on.

...and yes, the threads are 1/2-28...

Re: Mossberg 715T Flash Hiders/Barrel Threading

1/2-28 RH thread. Pinning and welding was from the failed clinon AWB.
As you look at the muzzle and the wrench is at the top, push the top of the wrench to the left.
You should use barrel vise jaws or an old leather belt wrapped around the barrel, but still in a vise to remove or install a FH or brake.

Welcome aboard!

The '94 ban might have ended, but there are still manufacturers that make post-ban configurations for states that still don't allow certain features. Bought a dedicated AR-22 upper earlier this year and was surprised to see the FH was pinned to a section at the end of the barrel that had been lathed down in diameter, but not threaded. Cut off the FH and had the barrel threaded to 1/2-28 so it'd accept my can...

Flash Hider Question

Hello all !
I have my new toy (715t Flat Top) and it has a flash hider on it, I was tring to get the hider off last night and noticed it is not like my ak flash suppressor where you just push down on the button lock and unscrew with your fingers. This SOB is on there good and I dont know how to get it off, If i'm looking down the barrel "like someone is holding it and pointing it at me" what way would I turn the wrench to losen the hider? should I heat up the flash hider with a torch or what? would someone walk me through this process so i dont screw up my new toy, I would appreciate it . Thank You

Re: Flash Hider Question

The flash hider is threaded on against a crush washer.

It's gonna take some significant torque to break the tension on the crush washer and remove the unit. This will likely require the shell to be removed and the bare 702 receiver to be secured in a vise. Once you have the firearm secured and are able to apply the appropriate torque it's lefty loosey...

What LES said.

Don't put heat on it. That amount it takes to get something loose would ruin your finish along with changing the size and properties of the steel.

Maybe a dumb thought and I don't have a 715T to know but...it's not left handed threads is it?

Shouldn't be lefty threads...

I wouldnt think so either but I thought I'd throw it out there. Left hand threads are usually for a specific reason. Something like a propane bottle so you don't hook up something you shouldn't to it.

You should secure the receiver in the vise, and support the barrel over a block of wood or something else that won't scratch the finish...

Ok, I really want to know this answer before I try to torque the thing off and warp my barrel or receiver. I can't tell if it is threaded, or if it is plugged on, it is the new style, flat top, improved bolt and mag, everything is very tight and smooth on it, but I gotta know this so I know what kind of suppressor to put on it... I plan on making this the closest thing to a "scary gun" I possibly can. Red dot with a fts magnifier, bipods, foregrip, taclight, paq 15 style laser, the whole nine yards, just so my mother in law can go ape carp when she sees it.

The flash hider should be threaded on against a crush washer.

It'll be on there pretty good, but should come off with the proper torque applied. Best if it's stripped down and the bare 702 receiver is secured in a vise.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck with the MIL...

fake suppressor home made

I am working on a fake suppressor, and am trying to figure out how to make the attachment and ensure that the round comes through cleanly. I was thinking I could fill the tube with expansion foam and then shoot a round through the foam... However I think that would effectively be a real suppressor. I was also thinking that could be how I attach it to the barrel, but idk yet. Any ideas?

Re: fake suppressor home made

Rkillion said:
I am working on a fake suppressor, and am trying to figure out how to make the attachment and ensure that the round comes through cleanly. I was thinking I could fill the tube with expansion foam and then shoot a round through the foam... However I think that would effectively be a real suppressor. I was also thinking that could be how I attach it to the barrel, but idk yet. Any ideas?

I think you will be skating on REAL thin ice with a "fake suppressor" project......especially if it is able to be removed. I don't know if their is a threshold of effectiveness for when a "fake" suppressor becomes a "real" illegal, unregistered suppressor but I don't want to pay the lawyers to find out.

Back