• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg owners.

We are very lucky about the weather here. There is snow on the Sierra Nevada, but none in the valley. We had another modest rain last night.

Very little got done here yesterday. It warmed up to 65 in the day. My wife has recovered enough to get out and do a little gardening. I made some more measurements and layed out parts, still mocking up the crossmember.

I changed fishwater, irrigated the redwoods, and made soup. I also built another hobo stove and burned up most of my little scrap lumber testing it in the dark.
7301F6E7-C8D0-49D7-AF33-3D80CC67320E.jpeg
58EA5970-82BF-485A-80DC-8F4CDBDB6909.jpeg
Plenty of heat, little smoke, but not much vortex action. I think I’m trying to make it spin the wrong way, forgetting about the Coriolis forces.

It’s important to get the right spin on things. I’m reading about the new Alec Baldwin indictment and our modern journalists think it’s appropriate to write this.

“A gun held by Alec Baldwin discharged…”

Clearly, You just can’t trust those guns! Discharging themselves at random times…

Stay warm you guys, and remember that what you don’t know can kill you, and sometime those you know!

Remember when Juan Valdez picked every bean by hand?….and the coffee was so valuable they packed it in steel?

Hobo stove ver 4.3
0AEEC527-1BB3-4378-AC19-8BEBFC9A98D3.jpeg
How I yearn for the days of real coffee cans to store my nails and bolts in.

At one of our local grocery stores they have a store-brand coffee that still comes in metal cans. Mostly the 1lb size. They're still around!

Today is the first day in about two weeks that the temp will creep up over freezing. Next week is supposed to bring low 40's but first we get rain/ice tonight. The older I get, the more I hate this climate.

Good morning fellow enthusiasts. We are like a glazed donut here this morning, A little freezing rain last night did the trick. The high this afternoon will be high 30s with regular old rain. That'll take care of the ice.

Ernst, I hope the damage is minimal, but the main thing is you and the mrs. .

Have a great day fellas. Stay warm, dry, and have a good outlook, lol. I hope I haven't forgotten anything. Oh, be safe.

Ditto here on the *&%@#! ice. There is a chance for a repeat tomorrow. Schools were closed today, so I didn't have to venture out on my usual school bus duties for grandkids. Since the Christmas break, they've been out of school more than in. First snow, then sub-zero temps, now ice.

Stay safe out there and be well.

You guys would not believe the weather we are having here. 65F and raining. Warm every day and no morning frost either.

My big problem is keeping the boat yard dry. I know that sounds silly….

We're back to our typical 'wetcoast' weather. We had a huge dump of snow (12"+) last week and schools closed for a couple days which is unusual for this area. It's been 5-7C and raining. The snow is almost gone already...now that is not unusual for here.

Attended a rally last night for the Conservative Party. Was a tremendous turn out for a rainy, Sunday night in a non-election year. Yeah, Trudeau is cooked. Finally...it looks like he is gonna get smashed if he is even able to hang on til an election is called.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Not much going on here except for depressing (but very welcome) rain. No welding. Lots of wet concrete.

I split up an old maple drawer front and fired up the Hobo Stove out on the boat yard. It’s not cold here, but I needed to cheer the place up.

571430F9-87DA-47B6-AC29-2AC96206A675.jpeg

Attended a rally last night for the Conservative Party. Was a tremendous turn out for a rainy, Sunday night in a non-election year. Yeah, Trudeau is cooked. Finally...it looks like he is gonna get smashed if he is even able to hang on til an election is called.
I'd like to see Turdeau hang after he gets elected "out" but I suspect your elections are just as illegitimate as ours are... :(

Can’t show that on utube…

We want to see the live anguish, but they want it without the blood and guts.

He should spend 20 years as the orderly in a hospital for wounded vets. At night.

During the day he can change Hi-Milers at the local truck tire shop. See how long the little weasel survives that.

He wouldn’t survive until lunch in a real tough job on a remote drilling site. I think he’d wet his pants just trying to start a chainsaw.

Just a quick update on our storm. After a week in the the hotel we were finally able to get to our property and begin the process of recovery. Still a lot of ice and snow but we made it up our 10% grade road with switchbacks thanks to our 4 wheel drive Jeep. Lots of damage but we have heat and water so we can certainly start getting back to normal, whatever that is!

Want to thank all who expressed concerns and said a prayer.

Bless you all.

Regards

@Ernst Good news that you made it back up! I hope you are feeling recovered from your episode.

When a jeep is what you need a jeep is hard to beat. 4-wheeling Is the only thing I really miss about the snow country.

I can’t imagine being evacuated from bad weather. At least not today. 1968 was the last time I was stuck somewhere because of a real blizzard, and that was only overnight.

We would have to have like a 10,000 year flood to see water on my property. The ocean would have to rise about 600 feet, and it’s generally so warm here the snow stays up on the mountain.

Of course there is always subsidence of sinkholes and such things. It’s possible that a subsurface river could wash away sand layers below us.

I will keep a boat handy.

We would have to have like a 10,000 year flood to see water on my property. The ocean would have to rise about 600 feet, and it’s generally so warm here the snow stays up on the mountain.
Don't forget those pesky slip-shifts that might cause you to FALL 600 feet into the ocean and/or tsunamis related to it... :D

The term for today is Induced Seismicity. Caused by dams, thermal power plants (The Geysers), underground (and above) nukes, injections or removal of underground substances, etc.

induced.JPG

Back