• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning all. fog, again. We have not seen the sun since last Saturday. For that matter we have not had any wind to speak of for 3 days now. So much for solar and wind energy this week.

That is certainly a thought provoking picture of the band.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Not much got done here yesterday. I washed my accumulation of fish filters, which took me quite a while. Of course I got soaking wet in the process and had to change clothes, but it was a very warm day here yesterday. The exact day I had been waiting for, to wash those things. I saved $100 worth of filter socks.

I started shopping for another steel table, because I don’t have a good situation for welding right now. My welding table is covered with parts and pieces that I don’t have a place to put, and it sucks anyway.

Anyhow, no welding got done, and I ended up sitting around a fire drinking brandy.

Good day to all of yous. Cloudy again. This like 6 days of no sun and very little wind. Thank good ness we have powerplants here that use coal and natural gas, and we have several hydroelectric dams. Actually we have more than several, we have a lot of them. LOL.

Tomorrrow we head into about a week of 60 degrees and sunshine, finally.

Ya'll have yourselves a great day.

Sunlight today. For the first time in roughly 3 1/2 weeks. Temp supposed to hit mid-40's. Feels like spring - I've seen a @#$%! starling or two - but we are a long way from the end of the winter crap. It'll be nice to have a few days of sunlight though. :)

Wow! We hit 76F today in the boatyard.

I spent some hours shaping and burnishing off paint from parts I want to weld tomorrow.
The bottom of a harbor freight welding cart that I cut up to make into a bicycle cart.
A453D734-89E0-43C2-AB46-C39697DFC871.jpeg
I burnished off all of the black paint, and I’ll probably get rid of the red paint too.

I found some stuff in my junk that I can set up to actually weld this on and maybe get it reasonably straight.
6DB7CB15-B6DF-4666-AD97-AE746EE0533A.jpeg

Good morning Mossbergers. Third day of sunshine in a row, loving it. Yesterday we actually reached 70, for about 30 minutes, lol. The next three days will be 60s as well then back into the high 50s for the weekend.

I took the dog to the dog park the past two days and he was loving it. Some of you will remember when we brought him home as an 8 week old. Well, in December he turned 4, and the 16th of February will mark 4 years since we brought him home. It s hard to believe it has been that long already.

You all have a great day.

We have hit the hi 60s/lo 70s all week, but tonight it turned colder and started raining lightly again.

I am still prepping parts to weld. I also modified my jig for more clearance. I made a splice sleeve and some “feet”.

316F27F7-AC1B-4558-A180-D51E3D949CD8.jpeg

CEC28945-A6B7-4409-A517-5DB761AFADDE.jpeg

3DECD354-B22D-4619-81B1-6EA43A0D3263.jpeg

I got no welding done, but I spent some time prepping for the rain. It’s supposed to get serious next week.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. Today is a good day to be a duck. 60F & It’s going to drizzle rain all day.

When it was clear and 65° we had big flights of honkers over the ponds. They always come within an easy wingshot of my property, but of course it is not allowed in the suburbs.

It’s too wet for any serious (non-emergency type) welding, so I’m going to try and clean up from the rain last night, tend the fish, and work on my rocket stove in the shed.

Meanwhile, Here is Ozzie, and Butterfish. They are nearly the same age.
6E22AB7C-B29A-470E-BAEE-8C7A53FD9DAF.jpeg
We got Ozzie about summer of 2018.
I must look up his puppy photo.

Back