• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It’s a lovely warm day here for gardening or welding, but I have to go in town today.

This is the new Chrysler Halcyon concept car. Styling wise and functionally I think the body looks tremendous, but the wheels hurl big chunks of greasy grimy gopher guts.

It just looks so slippery and smooth, and then they put these jagged wheels from the mystery sawmobile on it.

22395C77-5A4C-43AE-A066-2A7A5C173FE2.jpeg

If only it came with a Toyota powertrain and some smooth turbine wheels. It probably runs on batteries.

It’s a lovely warm day here for gardening or welding, but I have to go in town today.

This is the new Chrysler Halcyon concept car. Styling wise and functionally I think the body looks tremendous, but the wheels hurl big chunks of greasy grimy gopher guts.

It just looks so slippery and smooth, and then they put these jagged wheels from the mystery sawmobile on it.

View attachment 30541

If only it came with a Toyota powertrain and some smooth turbine wheels. It probably runs on batteries.
What am I even looking at here? The front wheel looks like the tire is missing and it's not touching the ground.

Shadows and very low profile tires make it “float” a bit. But those wheels are just soooo awful.

Probably has a tiny Fiat engine and big batteries. They will never produce this. Stellantis isn’t making a dime.

I got to the podiatrist yesterday and they pulled something out of my foot. Possibly a lexan fragment, and it did not show up on an x-ray, but it was tiny, sharp, and painful. I had been limping for a week, and the GP wouldn’t touch it. He had to send me out, which took a week.

All is better now , and I should actually get some work done today.

Happy Saturday everybody.

Hmmmm… I went to fire up the Hobo Stove early this morning and make tea in the boatyard, when I noticed it had burned thru around the bottom. Now I’m sitting about loafing with a hot cup.

But I had to work for it, as I rebuilt the liner for from two new cans. Here is the late stage of the test burn.
84D68A21-38D5-478E-B813-17E6171B9436.jpeg
That red cedar smells lovely but burns up like matchsticks. I made this liner assembly 2” taller, so I could burn longer sticks. It works, but it also smokes a little too much to do a clean top-down burn.

Maybe I will add more primary vents. I wasn’t 100% pleased with the maximum draft force it generated.

It has warmed up to 60F so time to put this aside and start grinding. On the VW.

I have some junk set aside to build a rocket stove, for actual cooking. That will wait a while. I have not yet settled on the design.

Good morning. 57 here headed for the mid 80s today and tomorrow. Then drops like a rock Tuesday night to high 20s and a high Wednesday of maybe 50 if we're lucky. Fortunately by the weekend we are looking at mid to high 70s. Spring is just around the corner.lol.

Y'all have a great day.

Speaking of matches, you're the one that played with them when you were a kid, correct? :D
We split black cats open so we could make flying nail canons. I was the kid with the big magnifying glass experimenting on everything that would burn. Making candy in a test tube, so hard that it could not be removed with draino.

Good morning. 57 here headed for the mid 80s today and tomorrow. Then drops like a rock Tuesday night to high 20s and a high Wednesday of maybe 50 if we're lucky. Fortunately by the weekend we are looking at mid to high 70s. Spring is just around the corner.lol.

Y'all have a great day.
We have been well into spring-like weather here, with weeks of 65° temperatures and mild warm rains on occasional days. Still some breezes from the frisco bay, but mild ones. If I thought the weather would be this nice up at the lake, I would’ve gone fishing already.

It was a so-so morning, Mossberg Owners. I had a rotten night last night or I would be trying to get more work done on the car today, because the weather is absolutely beautiful.

I needed to straighten out the SS100 floor pan before I welded to the crossmember, and it was rather curled up from all the mishandling.

In order to straighten it out I made this set of fluting pliers, from some harbor freight welding clamp and random pieces of old steel.
AEEE408F-2129-43FA-948C-BCAEB031775B.jpeg
Roughing out the dies
54F92095-FED2-4162-B451-38A9A3891483.jpeg

Welded to the clamp
F6A49CFD-CC2B-4954-A4F3-ECEEDAF28474.jpeg
I did a lot of grinding, filing, and sanding to get this profile smooth. It raises the panel a bit more than stock, if you clamp it all the way. If you crank the knob in until the clamp won’t latch, the process is totally controllable.
2A822E90-52C5-47BB-8643-546F9DD53B6D.jpeg

They straightened up the pan edge a lot. I’ll do the fine touches as I tack it to the frame.
339AA303-5338-4F5F-8FEC-BFE8E904AA76.jpeg
This job is dragging on and on, the way a hobby project should. I am convinced of this because once I get this finished I’m just going to work on another one.

All you folks have a nice day. ;-)

This morning, I started cutting the new rails. No going back now!

Not that I was, but it means the design is “fixed”. It can’t change because I’d need more material!

So I am being careful not to screw it up.

Good Morning guys. It is raining again.

But yesterday I got the other rail fabbed and assembled. Now that it all fits I get to clean it all up, square it, and start tacking it together. I still need to fab some little parts. . . closures and gussets . . . but this is the turning point.

A099C08C-09EA-46B2-95CC-F2ED741BA365.jpeg

963482B6-45D0-413A-ACBB-076B26DE7BED.jpeg

More rain in the SJV today. I will try to get some parts cleaned up. I should do some prelim painting and spot stripping before the rails get boxed, but the weather won’t comply.

Maybe we will see painting weather by Tuesday, but until then there are parts to fab & trim & keep me busy.

It rained again Sunday, so the boatyard is still too wet for me to use the grinder or welder without standing in a puddle.

I spent my time in the garage, fitting bits for a rocket stove. No welding done yet, but likely today.

These are old seat pedestals from my boat.
162905EE-E8B5-4F32-9119-F53071AF9BA3.jpeg
9602E606-2F4D-4785-9C8E-B6A5D39B7D08.jpeg

D8ECE106-C0C3-4E24-9386-0332519B7B0D.jpeg

A59CB9FA-D3B6-444E-8B52-1F22BB0B1010.jpeg

1A912EE7-A994-4646-8C12-B3F1264A2573.jpeg

E8A8AC45-D16F-46F2-AD96-E562E60D1FB2.jpeg

38DAFC1A-8429-45FB-9025-5FA7CF3481E1.jpeg
9FD4185F-12C6-4FFA-B44F-98833EB4EEAD.jpeg
B98EC0F7-1344-4384-BCC3-F5A0D2E94F70.jpeg

The rains are supposed to be over for now. Perhaps everything will dry up enough to weld today.

Happy Monday Folks.

Good morning to all of yous. Springlike weather has been with us for a few days now, and this week looks nice too. I am ready for the nice , but not the severe that is just around the corner.

Later this week I am heading to Omaha for a couple of days to visit the sons and their families. Hope fully I will get to have a cup of coffee and some catch up time with a few old friends as well.

I read a book last week that I really enjoyed. It is called "Tuesdays with Morrie". for any of you readers if you haven't read it I would recommend it. It's an easy read and I found it to be thought provoking. I would not have enjoyed nearly as much say 40 years ago or so as I did now. Then again it was only published about 25 years ago. I guess what I am trying to say is it is age appropriate, lol.

Y'all have a great day.

@meanstreak
I read the reviews of Tuesdays with Morrie. I see it was well liked, and it is non-fiction. That means I may read it, but I don’t read fiction these days. I gave up completely on fiction. Too believable.

This morning brought us a clogged drain, from paper and roots. I had a man snake it out and run the camera in. We totally lucked out.

I was looking at our big tree crying inside, but fortunately it appears it is just a rose bush, 20’ closer, which I won’t mind digging up.

The line is ABS, so patching it is no sweat, once I dig a big hole, but I will have to remove some sidewalk to get a big enough hole.

Thank God it’s not our tree. I don’t want to cut down a 40 year old tree Right in the middle of my front lawn.

That’s my tiny front yard and the tree that I do not want to touch. I suspected that there might be some problem under my lamp post because the line was directly under the footing when I dug that.

BC12385B-B0EB-4A00-9EB4-77B2B19D7C9F.jpeg

According to the pipe locator, the breakage is under this little garden, right between the two stepping stones.
9478375A-A958-447C-B205-4CB95C2E9262.jpeg
If he is correct, I can get to the pipe by digging up these bushes, But I am hoping I can get a big enough hole to get down 3 feet without removing this trapezoid of concrete.
5F181CD7-815F-499C-8704-C5AB31ACE1BF.jpeg
That’s at least 1000 pounds. I can undermine it a bit without worries, as I believe the soil is quite dense after 6” down.

Back