• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got Wood?

nitesite said:
The work "constructive" could be taken literally...... :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I went outside and cleaned up around the yard. All the sticks, and stuff that can be burned are now in a pile.

I did mention to her that I could work on my grips outside, and her reply was...That's not what I meant by Constructive...

...yes dear.... ;)

...and here's my second set of Rip's Grips. These are made from Hawaiian KOA wood. I'm saving these for my next 1911, but I wanted to try 'em out on my Springer so I could show 'em off. Ain't they purdy!!!

The fit is perfect rip! They snapped right on over the bushings and there's no play in them at all. Excellent work once again Sir...

Holy beautiful match batman! Those look great! Thanx for posting em up!

I feel so much better now.

Yes..you got it right...Manzanita Wood. I'm getting more soon! Woo.. I love this stuff.

Thanx for checkin in on me! What kind of wood are you interested in?

I have just the wood.

Lacewood.
Pink Ebony.
Tulipwood.
Rosewood.
;)

LOL. I just threw that one in for the name. It's a nice brownish red though. I'll cut up a chunk this week and post it up for ya....

The pink one is the Pink Ebony. Very rare. But flippin beautiful pink color for sure. I will make a set outa that and post it ...see if you like it.

Dang!!! That Koa looks pretty sweet on there, great fit!

Just water on there you say? Whaddya know? Looks nice! :D

Rossignol said:
Dang!!! That Koa looks pretty sweet on there, great fit!

Just water on there you say? Whaddya know? Looks nice! :D

Yep. Just water. The guy selling it does it to show what it'll look like when a finish coat is on it to show the grain.
When I used the wood hardener on it, it did get darker. But in a good way. However when the wood is soaked in it for a few days it's much darker but still in a good way. Just waxing it keeps the light color but doesn't keep it from cracking. I will definitely need to find some place that sells it by the gallon for the amount I'll be using to stabilize it.

ripjack13 said:
I will definitely need to find some place that sells it by the gallon for the amount I'll be using to stabilize it.

:shock: Holy. Crap.

Yeap. I have quite a few pounds of Manzanita and just buying it by the pint @ $14.00 is kindof a waste....

Back