• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Handgun Recommendations and Advice...

Re: need advice

What, a CZ????? Who'da ever thought!

Tough choice. Go with your heart, my brother.

I agree. Get what works best for YOU.

I promise you won't hurt my feelings no matter which you end up with.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
You remind me of my wife in the makeup isle! :lol: Just do what she does, end up buying both.

and here i thought it was just my wife who does that.... :lol:

nevermind either Oli and get an FN .40 or .45!!!

FNH-FNP-45-Competition.png

Just throwin that into the mix! High capacity and a rail to mount a TLR! :D

Both companies build solid guns and both are proven designs. You cannot go wrong with either one.

This is the one that’s doing it for me

CZ_75_SP-01.jpg

Problem is they aren’t available until April.
I fondled a P-01 Tac, the compact version of the SP-01 Tac…grip is the same.
I want a full size so I started looking for a SP-01 and they aren’t available anywhere here. So I ended up calling CZ and they said the SP-01 is not going to be at distributors again till April and that goes for the 40 and the 9.
I also think I want the 9…it holds 19 for the love of Pete, 40 cal is just going to have to wait.I just keep the most bad assed 9's I can find in it when I'm not plinking.
So come the 15th I am going to walk into the CZ dealer, pay for one and just wait. Probably won’t be April since those dates never really hold water in my exp. I’ll try to get better with my Sigma till then.

And for the record when it come to this I am worse than anyone’s wife :lol:

oli, that is going to be one superb weapon. And it's just drop dead sexy, too.

I am really looking forward to it. It answers all the questions it just doesn’t make me feel patriotic like the 96, but I'll get one of those next....that’s how nice it feels, and now that I have really dug deep into CZ 75, that design is really cool and unique.

On YouTube, Hickock45 gives a nice break down of the CZ 75. Now I'm pretty sure I don’t shoot a pistol as good as him but when he was shooting the 75 it was just sitting there and he was just smoking the targets and raving about the trigger and accuracy. The only thing he could really complain about was the weight and compared it to a 1911 and I know I don’t mind the weight of a 1911. He is by far my favorite gun reviewer on YouTube

Thanx for the reference. He has a 20 min long video on the Mosin Nagant. Good video....learned something new too. The R in 7.62x54r means rim..not russian...

I looked at a CZ 75b this morning! I walked in and there it was on the counter!

I like the feel and weight, but for me its that double stack 9mm grip again, though it isnt as big I dont think as a Glock, and I also compared it to an HK USP .40 which was alright, but again just too much for me personally.

Otherwise, I agree on the rest of the points made! All the mechanics felt great, real smooth handgun!

Those are great deals, too bad they aren’t the model I want. I checked out the 75B as well, be a real hard decision between that and the 96A1.

I went and watched the Hickok.45 video on the CZ.

Pretty impressive, wasn't it?

Hey thats the one I saw this morning! What i like most is the weight of it!

nitesite said:
I went and watched the Hickok.45 video on the CZ.

Pretty impressive, wasn't it?
Hickok and the gun are impressive. The SP-01 is supposed to be a little heavier than the B and they say the 9 feels like a high power pellet gun as far as recoil. I already have a bunch of fmj. I figure I’ll get the +p or better heavy hollow point to keep in it. I know the 9mm can be a formidable round I don’t skimp on the ammo for defense.

ripjack13 said:
Well I was trying.
Thanks anyway, find a SP-01(p#91153) and I’ll let you shoot it as much as you want…while you are visiting Oregon

oli700 said:
... I don’t skimp on the ammo for defense.

Nope. Now I havent purchased any of the Critical Defense yet, but I have purchased Federal HydraShok for the .45. Def not target shooting/plinking ammo, and def not in Allisons hands. She can shoot as much .45 FMJ as she wants! Still have to practice with it though.

Back