• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MMR HUNTER

I looked at the pics and that place seems really nice! I've never been to an actual shooting range just certain reclaimed mine sites were I know there are no atv's or hunters or a cleared shooting lane in the head of a hollow somewhere. What kinda scope do you have on yur black rifle ?

Nothing fancy, just a cheap 6-24x50. NcStar I think. Bought it to hold me over 'til I could afford something better and decided to leave it after using it for a while. It's been mounted on the rifle for several years now...

I seen that it is illuminated reticule, I'd like to have one with that! I've got a Nikon P-223 3x9 on the MMR, it's the first Nikon that I've owned and I like it so far.

It's a pretty cool feature, but I honestly can't remember the last time I used the illumination while shooting. I guess it's from shooting white painted steel, the black crosshairs show up great in contrast...

I'd like to have it for hunting, for low like conditions. I've got a 3 power Burris prism scope with red or green mil dot but I like a variable power scope. I want a night force scope !

I'd like a Niteforce too, but DAMN they're proud of 'em.

Most of my shoot'n buddies run Niteforce on their rigs. They're crystal clear and the quality is hard to deny, but every time I try to save money for a high dollar optic I end up finding another firearm that needs a good home. I like the Trijicon Accupoint scopes as well. The reticule illumination would come in pretty handy for low light conditions while hunting, etc...

I know what yur saying about trying to save for one lol. Back in my singal days I bout nothing but leopold, browning and remington... Not like that now thou !!!

And when I thank about it it's hard to justify putting a $1,000 plus scope on a $700.00 gun

Yup, they're good like that.

...guess they like to keep an air of mystery around their products...

Yea before I bought the rifle I was reading reviews and according to them mossberg offeres the hunter in 308/ 7.62 NATO which I don't believe is true... Cause I've never been able to find one!

There may still be a .308/7.62 model in the works, but haven't seen any new info on it since the original ad release...

I've been looking at the DPMS SASS for a wile but I don't know.
Handle one before you buy it, the barrel alone is over 3 pounds….I have the same barrel that LES has in his rifle he posed in this thread. The DPMS M12, its 2.7 and although it’s a great shooter I would love to get rid of the .7 lbs.
If you get the mini sass it will be a good shooting rifle for sure

This is 300 yards with the DPMS M-12 barrel and a 1-6x scope. Shot the lower 5 , looked in the spotting scope, went up 1 click and shot the remaining 8

That's outstanding for 300 yards!! I own 2 AR 15s now and I'd like to have a 308/7.62 in a AR platform. I looked at big SASS about a year ago but I've not decided on barrel length or configuration.
Like something for mid to long range with shortest barrel possible and keep the accuracy.

Like something for mid to long range with shortest barrel possible and keep the accuracy.
build it.....I barreled an AR10 for a buddy a few months ago , 18", all the rifle anyone needs. He thinks a 16 would have been a really good choice after shooting it for a while , I would agree. If I were to do one for myself it would be a 16"

Back