• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Roof

Yes.

And unless they finish it in one fail swoop (as they should), don't pay it all up front.

Half now, half when it's finished to your satisfaction, and guaranteed for X many years stated in the contract from the finish date.

Steel roof with ice shield, 1,400 sq ft. (steel) bought from the Mennonites. $8,000 Canadian installed. One man and his son, excellent job. 48k is 48,000 that's just freaking nuts for that size roof. Installation is key.....

Are they adding a layer? you can safely add one to an existing layer, anything more than 2 layers is not good. I just did my roof at the end of last year. I used a product called ice & water. Its great. it is a sticky backed tarpaper that goes 3' around the entire sides. think u shape. I had a couple buddies help...free beer and food, and bonfire after. my kind of bargain...

also, make sure they reflash the chimney, not just spray black spray tar. that sh*t washes off after a few rains... :roll:

It's a complete tear off. The roof is over 30 years old and too curled to shingle over. I would never run them over the old anyway for fear or missing potential problems lurking below.

Ice/water shield around the entire perimeter and valley. Chimney will be flashed.

It's a licensed and insured (I saw the certificates) company in MI.

I had my roof done 2 years ago.
They removed 2 layers of shingles and all the old tongue and groove boards.
Put up new plywood and the designer shingles to match the NEW bricks they installed on the exposed part of the chimney. Chimney mortar was crumbling up there so they disected it 4 feet down under the roof line and rebuilt and added a fancy new chimney cap.
$7000 for all that work.

My best friend is a builder so he brought in his crew. I received no discount on this, since I did not help on this job.....My roof is high and a big pitch so I was not going up there!

Back