• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NSA spying on us through Verizon and others

Re: If you are a Verizon Customer, Read This.. 6/6/13

GunnyGene already has this covered Rick. I'm not sure of the title but look into it.

If you use a land line, cell phone, text, tweet, email, browse, etc, etc, etc. then you need to be concerned cause Uncle Sam is listening. Imagine the enormous database with all those sexting pics in it...on virtual cornucopia for the government employed sexual predators...and why does the government need to know who I talked to, where I called from, how long I talked? If they would stop f-ing around and trying to turn this country into a third world nation they wouldn't need to be worried...all that money makes all them politicians awful paranoid.

ripjack13 said:
GunnyGene already has this covered Rick. I'm not sure of the title but look into it.

oops...maybe a merge then, huh?

Yea....I'm tryin to find it. I can't remember where it is though....

I cant find it. Maybe it wasn't him. Maybe I was dreaming.:( .
IDK.....maybe it was somewhere else. But I coulda swore it was him....
Disregard my previous post.....

If people think there is no record of their calls they are in some serious deniel.

Just like a computer connecting to a wireless router the cell phone companies can track who connects, when, for how long etc. I would assume they ALL do this if for no other reason then to maintain records for load balancing, tower placement, etc.

How this data is used for other purposes and who else has access to it is the questionable part. I make the assumption today that if I have my phone with me and it's turned on that I am being tracked both geographically and by used air/data time.

I used to joke about how a cell phone was a tether to my company, GF, etc. The sad reality is that it literally is, and to a much higher power. We all voluntarily carry GPS tracking anke bracelets in our pockets or on our belts.

John A posted a link to it in the "who's paying attention to the scandals" thread...

ripjack13 said:
I cant find it. Maybe it wasn't him. Maybe I was dreaming.:( .
IDK.....maybe it was somewhere else. But I coulda swore it was him....
Disregard my previous post.....

Maybe this story from April? viewtopic.php?f=62&t=8153 .

I don't think it's necessary to try and nail it down for merging purposes. The general subject is one that comes up in the news fairly often. The Govt is always snooping on somebody. Especially the NSA, FBI, CIA, etc. That's what they get paid to do. :roll:

"The only real privacy is in your head, and maybe that's enough." (From Enemy of the State" )

MikeD said:
We all voluntarily carry GPS tracking anke bracelets in our pockets or on our belts.

Well, not everyone. I don't own a cell phone, and my car does not have GPS. They would have to track me the old school way. :lol:

There's a tracking chip in your head, Gunny. Better put on the aluminum foil hat...

OhioArcher said:
There's a tracking chip in your head, Gunny. Better put on the aluminum foil hat...

I checked. Never had any brain surgery. And my house has a tin roof. :lol:

In related news The FBI wants a backdoor into all communication software. They're complaining that new tech is too hard to crack. Poor babies. :roll:

The FBI is unhappy that there are communications technologies that it cannot intercept, and wants a new requirement that software makers and communications companies create a back door so they can listen in when they want.

But a team of technology experts warns that would be nothing more than handing over to the nation’s enemies abilities they are not capable of developing for themselves.

According to a recent report in the Washington Post, the issue is being raised by the FBI because “there is currently no way to wiretap some of these communications methods easily, and companies effectively…”

The solution, according to the FBI, is a plan to fine companies when they fail to comply with wiretap orders, essentially requiring all companies to build a back door for wiretap capabilities into all their communications links.

“The importance to us is pretty clear,” FBI general counsel Andrew Weissman said in the report. “We don’t have the ability to go to court and say, ‘We need a court order to effectuate the intercept.’”

But a report at the Center for Democracy & Technology warns of the unintended consequences.

“Wiretap functionality allows covert access to communications that can be exploited not only by law enforcement, but by criminals, terrorists, and foreign military and intelligence agencies,” the report said. “Wiretap endpoints will be vulnerable to exploitation and difficult to secure.”

It cited a report called CALEA II: Risks of Writetap Modifications to Endpoints.”

It was being assembled just about the time the U.S. government was caught accessing telephone records for the Associated Press and describing a prominent journalist for Fox News as a potential criminal.

More: http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/now-fbi-want ... -software/

Use smoke signals. It confuses the hell out of them.

Sometimes when I'm talking on the phone, I start making up phrases randomly just to screw with who ever is listening.

The weathervane scouted ahead from the pop sickle.

The fat man waits for his bus in the vally of the 6 moons.

The skinny dog is passing gas in the car.

I just checked the status of this topic.

15 replies, 72 views.

They must have a whole team of people watching us roflmao

050119_albert_einstein_hf.jpg

BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?????

GunnyGene said:
MikeD said:
We all voluntarily carry GPS tracking anke bracelets in our pockets or on our belts.

Well, not everyone. I don't own a cell phone, and my car does not have GPS.
me neither

Ok, I know not everyone has a cell phone but they can still track you with the chip they put in your brain unless you are wearing yout heavy duty tin foil hat. It has to be heavy foil, not the cheap stuff that rips easier than toilet paper. :lol:

OK, guys. I'm starting to get a little worried.

What does this error message mean that keeps popping up on my screen?

What goes on the internet, stays on the internet.

We have you now

dvtie-catalog.jpg

Back