• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NSA spying on us through Verizon and others

Re: If you are a Verizon Customer, Read This.. 6/6/13

These are not the guns you're looking for.

Thanks Mike. That seemed to have fixed the error message.

I'm gonna call you for tech support more often.

Move along.

Move along.

MikeD said:
Ok, I know not everyone has a cell phone but they can still track you with the chip they put in your brain unless you are wearing yout heavy duty tin foil hat. It has to be heavy foil, not the cheap stuff that rips easier than toilet paper. :lol:

Don't forget to wrap your wallet also (mag strip in bills, debit/credit cards, etc.). ;) :mrgreen:

"The woods are very dark and deep, I have jobs to do and promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep..." I don't remember the whole quote, but you get the idea :)

The information about how far the government intrudes into our lives makes me wonder what all we don't know about. I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say pretty much everything.

...and the sheeple will ignore this as long as the cell phone rings, the credit card works and tv signal is uninterrupted.

In a top secret order obtained by the Guardian newspaper and published Wednesday evening, the FBI on the NSA’s behalf demanded that Verizon turn over all metadata for phone records originating in the United States for the three months beginning in late April and ending on the 19th of July. That metadata includes all so-called “non-content” data for millions of American customers’ phone calls, such as the subscriber data, recipients, locations, times and durations of every call made during that period.

Aside from the sheer scope of that surveillance order, reminiscent of the warrantless wiretapping scandal under the Bush administration, the other shocking aspect of the order its target: The order specifically states that only data regarding calls originating in America are to be handed over, not those between foreigners.

So who the enemy? The government has identified the enemy and it is us:
But the latest revelation of the extent of the NSA’s surveillance shows that it has focused specifically on Americans, to the degree that its data collection has in at least one major spying incident explicitly excluded those outside the United States.

Sounds like perjury, as if that will ever be gone after:
In a congressional hearing in March of last year, the NSA’s Director Keith Alexander responded to questions from Georgia Congressman Hank Johnson, who brought up allegations of the NSA’s domestic spying made in a Wired magazine article earlier that month, denying fourteen times that the NSA intercepted Americans’ communications.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygre...ecifically-targeted-americans-not-foreigners/

There are 3 black SUV's that have been circling my house...endsay elphay.

It's not just this instance of trashing the Constitution that has people so angry. It's the continuing avalanche. Everyone wants to know what's next, and everyone is getting really pissed. Even the hard left progressives have had it. When even Al Gore gets mad about stuff like this, you gotta know the entire country is:

images

carbinemike said:
There are 3 black SUV's that have been circling my house...endsay elphay.

Uckfay the overnmentgay and the orsehay heytay oderay in on...

All this "stuff" happens and continues to grow regardless of which party controls the house, senate or white house. Both parties have some explaining to do to the American public as to how they let this happen.

The National Security Agency and the FBI are tapping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio, video, photographs, e-mails, documents and connection logs that enable analysts to track a person’s movements and contacts over time.

The highly classified program, code-named PRISM, has not been disclosed publicly before. Its establishment in 2007 and six years of exponential growth took place beneath the surface of a roiling debate over the boundaries of surveillance and privacy. Even late last year, when critics of the foreign intelligence statute argued for changes, the only members of Congress who knew about PRISM were bound by oaths of office to hold their tongues.

An internal presentation on the Silicon Valley operation, intended for senior analysts in the NSA’s Signals Intelligence Directorate, described the new tool as the most prolific contributor to the President’s Daily Brief, which cited PRISM data in 1,477 articles last year. According to the briefing slides, obtained by The Washington Post, “NSA reporting increasingly relies on PRISM” as its leading source of raw material, accounting for nearly 1 in 7 intelligence reports.

That is a remarkable figure in an agency that measures annual intake in the trillions of communications. It is all the more striking because the NSA, whose lawful mission is foreign intelligence, is reaching deep inside the machinery of American companies that host hundreds of millions of American-held accounts on American soil.

The technology companies, which participate knowingly in PRISM operations, include most of the dominant global players of Silicon Valley. They are listed on a roster that bears their logos in order of entry into the program: “Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple.” PalTalk, although much smaller, has hosted significant traffic during the Arab Spring and in the ongoing Syrian civil war.

Dropbox , the cloud storage and synchronization service, is described as “coming soon.”

GunnyGene said:
It's not just this instance of trashing the Constitution that has people so angry. It's the continuing avalanche. Everyone wants to know what's next, and everyone is getting really pissed. Even the hard left progressives have had it. When even Al Gore gets mad about stuff like this, you gotta know the entire country is:

images

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJj6GfPRAtg[/youtube]

Diane Feinstein and the rest of those that trample the Constitution can go to hell. It's just lip service from her and nothing else.

This isn't about Democrat or Republican, liberal or conservative, rich or poor, black or white. That's all smoke and mirrors to cover for the ever growing freedom squeezing government tentacles.

Hopefully the media has finally seen the light:
The New York Times editorial board, which twice endorsed President Obama and has championed many planks of his agenda, on Thursday turned on the president over the government's mass collection of phone data -- saying the administration has "lost all credibility."

The grey lady's editorial section lately has shown frustration with the administration's civil liberties record. It has criticized the escalation of the lethal drone program, and it lashed out after the Justice Department acknowledged seizing reporters' phone records last month.

The report that the National Security Agency has been collecting phone records from millions of Verizon subscribers appeared to be the last straw.

Oh yeah John, great song and very fitting!

Sorry I didn't include the link in my post.

Thanks Gunny.

GunnyGene said:
ripjack13 said:
I cant find it. Maybe it wasn't him. Maybe I was dreaming.:( .
IDK.....maybe it was somewhere else. But I coulda swore it was him....
Disregard my previous post.....

I don't think it's necessary to try and nail it down for merging purposes.

I have ochkpod
obsessive compulsive housekeeping keep posts in order disorder. :lol:

ripjack13 said:
I have ochkpod
obsessive compulsive housekeeping keep posts in order disorder. :lol:

I have a similar malady: obsessive compulsive housekeeping keep tools in order disorder. :lol:

Ah yes...don't we all. Well...'cept my brother...it's like watching sanford and son when I go to his house.... :lol:

Y'all will have to forgive for being brief but check this out...

http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/06/report ... d%3D324633

Sorry if JohnA. got it covered already hahaha I seem to be dropping the ball lately :D
Also, rumor has it that there is a facility specifically built with servers in it to store all the data they collect, organize it and save it for later use......

EDIT: I did see "Prism" mentioned earlier so this could just be an unfortunate repost of the same articel ;(

OhioArcher said:
GunnyGene said:
I just found out that my privacy is being protected by Dianne Feinstein. I feel soooo much better now. :lol:

We understand — I understand — privacy. Senator Chambliss understands privacy. We want to protect people’s private "parts".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... s-program/

There, I fixed it. She meant parts not rights...

OK, now that's scary! I don't want her protecting my "parts" either! ;)

GunnyGene said:
OK, now that's scary! I don't want her protecting my "parts" either!

They may decide you don't need your parts after the NSA computer tags your posts and labels you a threat.

Back