• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Oklahoma Open Carry Law effective today

Great site!
I shared it on the CCDL Facebook page.
The members are gonna have a blast with it.
carbinemike remeber that the stores that post No Carrying are not just posting it for OCers, It is also posted for those that are CCing.

I tried the site and couldn't get anything to come up, I may be doin wrong or it could be that I'm doin it from my phone.

From what I know of Iowa law, the signs don't hold any lawful value. The worst a store owner can do is call the police for criminal trespass (a misdemeanor). Unless they frisk everyone entering their store, there's no way for them to stop people CCing. That being said, most people that CC in Iowa (which also means you can OC, but people rarely do) respect the signs so they don't give other CCers a bad name.

BryanForbes said:
From what I know of Iowa law, the signs don't hold any lawful value. The worst a store owner can do is call the police for criminal trespass (a misdemeanor).

In CT it is the same, you can be asked to leave and if you do not then it is a Trespass charge.
If they post a No Gun Sign then I say I will spend my money elsewhere.

carbinemike remeber that the stores that post No Carrying are not just posting it for OCers, It is also posted for those that are CCing.

Good point.

Grocery shopping in Oklahoma...
534750_10151269326375861_12788451_n.jpg

I'm not sure either. The article I ripped it from didn't say, just that it was in OK.

We have had open carry around here and I'm not even sure for how long. I have yet to see anyone open carry either.

Back