• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sheer hipocrisy

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I have always known the answer to this question. It has been perfectly clear to me for decades.

But if anyone needed proof whether there is an agenda for many of our elected officials to rob our right to bear arms, after the Texas University incident yesterday resulting in at least 20 (TWENTY) assault and attempted murder and other charges, where is the outcry from the same politicians beating the drum and rallying their base to ban knives in the same manner they are beating them to ban guns?

These young adults are no less important to our society than anyone else.

Where is the seemingly endless media coverage you saw in Aurora? Or Sandy Hook Elementary?

Who has seen Sen. McCarthy or Fienstein or ANY other politician making numerous public statements on twitter and facebook and the evening news at every available opportunity since it happened yesterday concerning this?

Which senator already has legislation written and ready to submit to reduce violence and to ban knives like they did to ban guns?

Convinced yet?

Open your eyes!!

It's not about reducing violence. If it were, this incident would be getting the exact same attention and coverage as everything else.

Gotta love it. I was saying the same thing to a co worker yesterday. Now if this kid would of used a gun the media and liberals would of been all over it like flies on shit.

Any politician who's looking to ban guns should have their citizenship revoked and exiled to Great Britain, along with Morgan Peirs.

Just look at the damage some box cutters did on 9/11.

I'm not even sure that the politiciians that are "with us" are really with us as they all really want the same thing....more money and power.

MikeD said:
Just look at the damage some box cutters did on 9/11.

I'm not even sure that the politiciians that are "with us" are really with us as they all really want the same thing....more money and power.

I smell something's on the horizon, just not sure what yet. Problem is, we're [2A supporters and hard working America] are the only one's to stand up against this crap....

John A. said:
I have always known the answer to this question. It has been perfectly clear to me for decades.

But if anyone needed proof whether there is an agenda for many of our elected officials to rob our right to bear arms, after the Texas University incident yesterday resulting in at least 20 (TWENTY) assault and attempted murder and other charges, where is the outcry from the same politicians beating the drum and rallying their base to ban knives in the same manner they are beating them to ban guns?

These young adults are no less important to our society than anyone else.

Where is the seemingly endless media coverage you saw in Aurora? Or Sandy Hook Elementary?

Who has seen Sen. McCarthy or Fienstein or ANY other politician making numerous public statements on twitter and facebook and the evening news at every available opportunity since it happened yesterday concerning this?

Which senator already has legislation written and ready to submit to reduce violence and to ban knives like they did to ban guns?

Convinced yet?

Open your eyes!!

It's not about reducing violence. If it were, this incident would be getting the exact same attention and coverage as everything else.

It's about who has permission to engage in violence. Historically, the ruling class are the only ones who have that permission - granted to themselves and prohibited to all others. That's how power is retained or gained, but it's always been explained as the compassionate efforts of the ruler to "keep his people safe", when what is really meant is to keep them dependent and in bondage. Rulers often describe themselves as shepherds or saviors, and some actually believe their own lies.

I'm not even sure that the politicians that are "with us" are really with us as they all really want the same thing....more money and power.

Mike, you know the answer to that as well.... They aren't with us. They are only "with us" when they need a vote. All of them.. Toomey through us all under the bus when he voted to move the bill forward....

So, since this is moving forward my understanding is that it will now only take 51% to add Feinstein's AWB to the bill. She must be just wetting herself over this...

Jkwellborn said:
Is this just the vote to allow debate? Either way, piss on them

Yes, this was a vote to stop several senators from Filibuster to get it to the floor, but when it comes to the floor, they can still filibuster.

The anti's cleared the first hurdle.

From GOA:
Here is the new battlefield. Because of the Senate rules, many of the upcoming gun control votes will need 60 (out of 100 votes) to move forward. That will almost certainly be the case with the Toomey-Manchin-Schumer proposal. And because the entire Second amendment movement - GOA, NRA, etc. - is against the Toomey language, it virtually ensures his amendment will fail.

And if Toomey-Manchin-Schumer doesn't pass, then Reid probably won’t have enough votes to overcome a second filibuster on the bill - as it would contain the original anti-gun language sponsored by Reid and Schumer. This all but guarantees that the legislation would die, as Republicans and a half-a-dozen Democrat Senators would then team up to keep the bill from getting the required 60 votes.

With that said, I am unsure if the toomey/manchin bill is going to fail. I am preparing for the worst.

For years now, public perception has been that at gun shows, you're not required to go through a background check, and that is not entirely correct.

ANY time that you purchase a firearm from a dealer, you have to submit a 4473 (Background check)--even at a gun show, but also when you sell a firearm online, you must ship it to a dealer and you still have to do a background check.

The left is guilty of many half-truths about the legal processes. And the media just buys into everything that is said with little to no real journalism and fact checking.

And we know there are MANY people, including senators, who are ignorant to the thousands of pages of laws, and the legal processes and protections that are already in place.

And of course, there are several Senators who have been bent to remove our rights for decades that are feeding the machine.

John A. said:
And of course, there are several Senators who have been bent to remove our rights for decades that are feeding the machine.

We run into these type of people all the time. It doesn't matter what we say, it doesn't matter what the facts are... they have made up their mind, and nothing will change their perspective. Many gun owners and representaives spend lots of time and effort to compile the hard facts, but the reality easy, the poeple ment to hear those facts are unwilling to listen.

I was watching Cspan2 most of the day yesterday, which is normally as interesting and fun as watching an IV drip, but I was very upset with CT Sen. Chris Murphy.

He brought absolutely nothing meaningful to the opening debate and only served to create an emotional response.

Everyone knows why they're debating this, and I dare say that no one needed to be reminded, so now let's please move forward and do this concentrating on facts if you are sincere about doing this correctly.

Least he could've done would've been to offer up some kind of real plan to curb violence or something and he had several floor speeches to do so, but he was too preoccupied telling stories rather than offer real solutions.

And in my eyes, that makes him a very dangerous person. I know a lot of people (usually female) that think more with their hearts (emotion driven) than with their mind (logic).

It's far easier to cower down and make wrong choices due to emotions, but it takes a much stronger man to do the right thing in spite of it.

A lot of good points through this thread. I'm not sure which I dislike more. The ones that knowingly go for emotion rather than debate on legimate merit or the ones that have no idea what the actual facts are. Both are extremely dangerous to the Constitution and my rights.

This thread started on hypocrisy. I find the lefts entire anti gun efforts to be loaded with it. They can have guns (usually via armed protectors) and we can't. It will be much easier to control things when the country is bankrupt if the peons are disamed.

It's about who has permission to engage in violence. Historically, the ruling class are the only ones who have that permission - granted to themselves and prohibited to all others. That's how power is retained or gained, but it's always been explained as the compassionate efforts of the ruler to "keep his people safe", when what is really meant is to keep them dependent and in bondage

John A. you are correct. That is what this is all about. Power and control. Very well written by the way.

John A. said:
He brought absolutely nothing meaningful to the opening debate and only served to create an emotional response.

Least he could've done would've been to offer up some kind of real plan to curb violence or something and he had several floor speeches to do so, but he was too preoccupied telling stories rather than offer real solutions.

And in my eyes, that makes him a very dangerous person. I know a lot of people (usually female) that think more with their hearts (emotion driven) than with their mind (logic).

It's far easier to cower down and make wrong choices due to emotions, but it takes a much stronger man to do the right thing in spite of it.
I believe your observations and assertions are spot on correct.

I have witnessed much of the same kind of 'emotional blackmail' here in Canada. The liberals and the media focus on sensational stories to bolster their opinions and justify their fears and paranoia.

We had a horrific mass shooting in the province of Quebec during the 1990's...it is still used as leverage to this day. To make it worse, it was done at a women's college by a deranged lunatic carrying a Ruger mini-14. So not only are guns and gun owners dangerous, but....we hate women too. Anyone who supports guns and gun ownership condones violence against women.

It is reprehensible to attempt to manipulate public opinion and finally public policy with nothing more than emotional claptrap and fear mongering that doesn't amount to much more than the bogeyman in the closet. It is sad to know that many of these people are educated and in positions of power and influence.

Punishing and limiting the law abiding citizens right to own firearms does nothing to stop criminals from obtaining them. When will people finally wake up?!?

Lunatics and criminals bent on killing with firearms will continue to do so long after the guns have been ripped from the hands of Joe Citizen.

Back