• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Train that derailed in Spain

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o32nxuHshv4[/youtube]

The driver of a Spanish train which hurtled off the tracks and smashed into a wall, killing at least 80 people, previously boasted of speeding on his Facebook page.

Francisco Jose Garzon, one of the drivers on the train which crashed, leaving at least 140 people injured including one Briton, is reported to have posted a picture on the site of a train speedometer at 125mph. The speed limit on that section of track is 80km/h (50mph).

According to reports he also boasted about how fast he was going. The webpage has disappeared after images appeared on Spanish TV and newspaper websites.

'We're only human! We're only human!' he told the station, the newspaper said, citing sources close to the investigation. 'I hope there are no dead, because this will fall on my conscience.'

Make me wonder how this guy was ever put into a position to engineer a train. It seems to be common sense that it would derail if it was going 2.5 times over the speed limit.

I'm sure Rick will have a few words about that! I've been on the German ICE trains a few times... but of course they are designed to travel at high speeds on flat ground and straight tracks! Pretty damn irresponsible to put people on your train in danger.

Back