• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vendors: Reviewed

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
We have product reviews, but we dont have vendor reviews, so I'll start here.

Little GI Joes;
https://www.gijoesmilitarysurplus.com/

I'm putting my pack together for camping/hiking/backpacking, and ordered a couple things. I dint get an email with a tracking # saying they had shipped my stuff, so I called them this morning to inquire about the status of my order. They didnt have the color pack in stock I ordered so they were waiting to get one transfered. She did say they had the same pack but in black, which was fine with me. Because they didnt have what I wanted in stock, and also due to not having had shipped my order immediately as they would typically do with in stock items, she said it would go out today priority, though with my order the shipping I paid for was parcel post.

So, I had to call to find out what was going on, but she did make it cool in my book with out me asking for anything.

I'm happy with it, total time from my order to delivery will be a week or less. Kinda like the sour patch kids commercial, I wasnt happy I had to call to find out, but in the end its cool.

Midway USA
http://www.midwayusa.com/

I have on occasion ordered stuff from Midway. Never an issue. Prices are good and competitive. They sent email notification with a tracking # and scheduled delivery date. Received everything on time (which I think each time has been 3 days) and the whole process was relatively painless.

Ammunition To Go
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php

The best prices around on most stuff I think. Though I dont often price .223 or .308 or 9mm. .45 ACP is I think at the market average, and I certainly havent seen prices any less on the things I'm looking for. They dont always have certain things in stock, I just check back occasionally till they do. The LE stuff is often department trades or overstock, so if you dont see, keep watching. Shipping ORMD ordinance takes as long as youd expect, several days... But again, with a tracking # and scheduled delivery date, you can keep an eye on it. On time arrivals, so I'm cool with it.

Midway--several orders over years-good service but their site search function often leaves me lost.

Sportsman guide--2 recent orders, good service. Buying 2 pair of army boots made it worthwhile to join their discount club. Site a little confusing to navigate

Cabelas-- a zillion orders over many years. good service but you have to pay attention because they backorder you on stuff.

ammo to go--one recent order, good service

US calvary--one recent order but they were out of one major item that they said they had when I ordered online.

Campmor (outdoor stuff, not firearms related) several orders over several years--good sevice but their new website is slow.

BH fotovideo (outdoor photography stuff) several orders over several years--good service, only online camera store I will deal with--not bait and switch like a lot of the new york biggies.

amazon.com--books and videos with discounts and free shipping-generally good service but free shipping is slow sometimes. Kindle books has some titles for immediate online download to your pc. They have many firearms titles.

I was looking for a single-point sling for my Persuader and came across a site called SexyWeapon.com
They say this about themselves:
"SexyWeapon is specializes in weapon accessories and tactical equipment that works. We don't carry 100,000 different products. We focus our selection on the best gear in each product category. We are located in Portland, Oregon, U.S.A. and are a service disabled veteran owned company."

I was a little reluctant to order because #1-the name #2-I have never heard of them anywhere. (Found them on about page 5 of a google search)
But the price was the best and shipping was $4.95 vs $10 to $15 from others. And I figured if I got taken, it would only be for less than $30 total. ($24.50 for the sling and others were $30 to $49.95)

To my surprise: I ordered at around noon and they emailed me they shipped at 6 PM the same day; it came by US Mail in 4 days. They also sent a 10% discount code for next purchase. The entire deal was as described and my CC was charged correctly.

Not necessarily endorsing them, but I was pleasantly surprised and will try them again. And of course will let you know if I start seeing some problem with erroneous CC charges or something like that.

I looked around the site, Looks good, thanks for the review.

LAPoliceGear.com Review

*LAPoliceGear*

I want to start out by saying that while I'm having issues with their idea of 'timely', they do have good prices on their products. They go out of the way to try and buy factory seconds that have minor defects, but are still great quality. Anyways, I ordered some 5.11 TacLite Pro pants that were factory seconds (they didn't meet 5.11 quality standards because the elastic in the waste wasn't 'elasticy' enough for them) and a 5.11 Jacket that was on close out from LAPoliceGear.com last Saturday (Sept, 24). I've ordered from them in the past, I bought my 5.11 Rush MOAB 10 from them as well. Both times I paid for 3 days shipping. When I ordered my bag it took them 2 days to even pack my order even though the payment had went through and this time it took them 3 days to pack my order. So here it is Friday morning, I have to work tonight. I was hoping to have the coat for work tonight, but since they didn't even ship it out till Tuesday evening (Sept 27) I'm not going to get it until Monday due to the weekend. Grrrr.

Another thing that bugged me was when I ordered my MOAB 10 I also ordered a set of straps to connect it to my Rush 24 Pack. No where in their description of the item does it tell you that it comes with these straps and 5.11's website says you have to order them separate, so I did. Well I get the bag and open it up, and inside the hydration pouch is a set of straps wrapped up in packaging material. It's awesome that they throw them in, but it sucks they didn't mention it up front. I'm sure I'll find something to use the second set for, but it just rubs me the wrong way that I didn't even need to order them. Overall I'm happy with the good deals I got, but it's frustrating that they can't even get stuff shipped out in a timely manner.

Re: LAPoliceGear.com Review

I appreciate you posting this up here, I've considered ordering from them!

Do you mind if i move this over to the Vendors Reviewed area?

I have had rather slow shipping when ordering items through them as well but the prices it was worth the wait for me.

Rossi,
Go ahead, just wasn't sure whether or not to post it there since they aren't one of our affiliated vendors.

Dan,
Yea, I'm just impatient. -sigh-

ButtonSling.com

Best sling ever. One bungee sling can go between multiple guns. Shotguns, AR's, Subguns. Versions for tactical and hunting. The best service available. Its made in the USA by the original
inventor, a guy named Larry Gann in Missouri.

Thanks for the contribution Neil !!

Here's a few I've used...

======================

Lucky Gunner

http://www.luckygunner.com/

Lucky Gunner carries ammo for sale and only offers in stock cheap ammo - 110% guaranteed. Whether you are looking for rifle ammo, handgun ammo, rimfire ammo, or shotgun ammo, you've come to the best place on the Internet to find it all in stock and ready to ship!

======================

Cabela's

http://www.cabelas.com/stores/store_inf ... geName=009

Cabela's Hamburg, Pennsylvania Retail Store is located just off I-78. In addition to offering quality outdoor merchandise, the massive 250,000 sq. ft. showroom is an educational and entertainment attractions, featuring a décor of museum-quality animal displays, huge aquariums and trophy animals interacting in realistic re-creations of their natural habitats.

======================

Ammunitiontogo is right up from where I live. My husband often orders thru them and we get it the next day. He also calls if he isn't near a computer and they help him out over the phone and find him what he needs.

Here are a few of my favorites...

Optics Planet

These guys specialize in, you guessed it, OPTICS. However, they also stock a wide variety of other firearm accessories. While searching for a Hogue Short LOP stock for my 590a1 these guys had the lowest price I found anywhere. I've ordered from them dozens of times and shipping is usually free for most of my purchases. So if whether you're looking for a high dollar Nightforce NXS rifle scope, simple a red dot on a budget, or even a non-optics related accessory, you should definitely click over and check them out.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/

JoeBob Outfitters

What can I say about JoeBob other than they're my absolute go-to for my AR-15 parts and accessories. The company is United States Veteran owned. They usually have the best deals around and offer regular sales and discounts. Great customer service and fast shipping. Orders of $90 or more ship free...

http://www.JoeBobOutfitters.com/default.asp?m=0

AIM Surplus

AIM is my go-to for my surplus ammunition needs. They stock an incredible variety of calibers and have some very hard to beat prices. I've bought thousands of rounds in 7.62x39 and 7.62x54 from them. If you buy in bulk your order usually ships in the military surplus crate. I love the old-school wooden crates for storing parts, etc. They carry a wide variety of firearm parts and accessories as well.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/

CDNN Sports

I found these guys while looking for almost impossible to find wood grips and factory magazines for my Beretta 92 Compact Type L. They specialize in the discontinued and offer unbelieveable prices on newer items as well. They are usually the first place I look to for factory pistol magazines. When every other retailer was price gouging as high as $90 on a short supply of FN P90 mags, CDNN was still offering them for $34. Gotta love folks with integrity. They're TX based too, so I have a bit of a soft spot...

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

The Country Shed

These guys have a little bit of everything. I found them while looking for aftermarket AK parts and mags. Their prices are often the lowest around on a lot of the parts I need. They offer a variety of manufacturs parts for contemporary rifles, shotguns, pistols, and stock some pretty hard to find accessories for older rifle platforms. They've always shipped on time and have never had any issues with their products.

http://thecountryshed.com/

Outdoor Bunker.

I have ordered several items from them with no problem at all. the shipping was even fairly quick, at least it arrived before the designated date. The prices are competitive as well. I found that ordering through Amazon for their stuff was actually cheaper than ordering directly from them for some reason...
http://www.outdoorbunker.com/

=======================================================

Columbia River Knife and Tool co.

I have ordered a few knives from them. Good rates, and fast shipping.
http://www.crkt.com/

=======================================================

Carolina Shooters Supply

These guys are awesome. I have ordered stuff from here and actually made a mistake when I was ordering a stock for my Saiga. I contacted them via email, and told them what happened, and Greg Queen replied that day, so I returned it with no problems, and they sent me out a new stock fast.
They deal with Saiga's and AK47's stuff.
http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com ... StoreFront

Looking to buy from....

Davidsons!
Anybody ever ordered from Davidsons. I've never ordered anything from them, so it is kind of a big first time :?: for me. I would like to get some feedback from board members who have.

Thanks

Re: Looking to buy from....

Bought both my xd 40 and my pt1911 through a guy that ordered through davidsons. What was cool is that the xd40 came with a lifetime warranty from davidsons as well as springfield. The warranty from davidsons was a replacement warranty. The pt1911 also came with a lifetime warranty through davidsons. I cannot remember if it has a lifetime warranty through taurus or not. The prices through this guy ordering from davidsons were at least 100 dollars cheaper than the competitors. It gives you many sellers to choose from and you can pick the cheapest. Then you pay half up front the day it is ordered and then the remainder plus background check fee when the fire arm is picked up.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

I purchased a Zastava PAP and other a.k. variants from them. Never had a problem with them. The only place I have had multiple problems with is R&R arms. I will never purchase from that piece of #$%t place. I have purchased from Davidson's for over 6 years and have not had a problem yet.
Let us know what you decide and your experience. I like their lifetime warranty. I believe it is on any new weapon purchased from them ( regardless of brand). :)

Sounds good!
I know Davidsons has a pretty good selection of Mossbergs. Price wise they are competitive with local vendors. Whats shipping times like? I'm well into my third week of waiting on an Ithaca barrel coming through a local gunshop. I have patience but you know after a while it gets old.

If you're talking about Davidsons Gallery of Guns, they're good to go. I've ordered from them a bunch of times.

Some of their "allotment" policies suck, but it is what it is. Matter of fact, when you call to place your order, I double dog dare you to just ask about the kel tec shotgun just to hear there response :lol: :lol:

Back