• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where's all the AMMO?

We are all staving for ammo (except for the preppers. I am joining them as well :D ), right?

All those conspiracy theories! All b. s. ! (Well, maybe, not so much)

Todays NEWS in case you missed it:

"Reps challenge DHS ammo buys, say agency using 1,000 more rounds per person than Army"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04 ... z2RhXRPWL6

CALL YOUR Congressional Reps and stir them up until they DO SOMETHING!

BUT, .22lr, come on! I can get anything BUT .22lr (excepting tracers and bird-shot (if they're that close can't you just DIVE for them? :lol: or something that won't cycle the action @ 500fps :( )

Good one Rick! :lol:
All kidding aside, everyone wants ammo from the feds, to state level to worried citizens. I don't see it getting better for another year and maybe until we have a new president. The mid term elections should say a lot about the direction ammo will go. More Obama and the democrats = less ammo for us at a higher price.

I've got a little stock pile of .22, and I'm pretty sure it's worth more than the Jeep right now :lol:

lol AK you are probably right! My local Gander Mtn. has Sierra .22lr (didn't know there was such a thing) for $35/25rnds............ I can only imagine what a 500rnd brick runs on the Street now-a-days :lol:

MikeD, I was talking to a local guy (Miller's Sports Shop, Cresson, PA) and he had 50rnd .45acp for $78.95... which provoked me to make an awful face and he said "Come back in a year or so and we can talk about that $27.99 you used to pay." I almost threw up all over his counter.

puke.gif

More than $1 a round for .22lr....
notallthere.gif

I'm in no great hurry for ammo. Got a couple thousand rnds of .22lr, about 400 of .22mag, and enough of my other calibers to last a good while. I don't shoot it just to be shooting it. Minimum practice and the occasional varmint.

All my ammo went down on the boat along with the guns.

There sure are a lot of leaky boats docked on the bottom of lakes and rivers and oceans in recent months. I know of several similiar stories compared to what happened to mine but I have no explanation for it.

Seems to be a pretty common phenomenon lately.

Who knew?

I've got a guy selling 525 count boxes of Blazer 22lr for $55. Its a little steep but I've been buying. I'm gonna go buy another box next week. I have about 8 different sellers I use. I can get pretty much anything I want. Just not in high amounts per place.

Shotgun Jeremy said:
I've got a guy selling 525 count boxes of Blazer 22lr for $55. Its a little steep but I've been buying. I'm gonna go buy another box next week. I have about 8 different sellers I use. I can get pretty much anything I want. Just not in high amounts per place.

Bad habit to get into... as long as people know they are able to sell at inflated prices, they are going to continue to sell it at those prices. That is the problem with Gun Broker sometimes... super inflated prices and everyone is buying it up... :/

JohnA. I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. I know my neighbor had an electrical problem and his shed he kept all his guns in burnt down. Lost everything but his ammo (stored indoors). Which he sold cause he had no use for anymore. Shame in this gun climate. :(

Financial News Report 2015:
"The dollar closed today at a new low versus the yen and the yuan. Gold continued a strong run and finished at $1824 an ounce. Silver slid back to $35.43 and .22 LR ammo continued to out perform all precious metals and was currently trading at $5.11 per round."

Shotgun Jeremy said:

Yeah, no more buying at $55... promise?! ;) If you're good on .22 now, I would just rest for a while, and wait till the prices come back down.

John A. said:
All my ammo went down on the boat along with the guns.

There sure are a lot of leaky boats docked on the bottom of lakes and rivers and oceans in recent months. I know of several similiar stories compared to what happened to mine but I have no explanation for it.

Seems to be a pretty common phenomenon lately.

Who knew?

I'm in the same "boat"
willy_nilly.gif
... no pun intended. I went out to a shooting spot one day... but had to park on steep hill. Guess she was overloaded since I had packed all my ammo and guns. Could you imagine the look on my face as I saw the ground give away under the Truck????? :eek: Came to a sudden...and blazing... stop about 300ft below. All was lost. :cry: I've since decided on a less costly hobby, knitting... I turn out a MEAN pair of socks!

carbinemike said:
Financial News Report 2015:
"The dollar closed today at a new low versus the yen and the yuan. Gold continued a strong run and finished at $1824 an ounce. Silver slid back to $35.43 and .22 LR ammo continued to out perform all precious metals and was currently tradin at $5.11 per round."

Good reason to not get too dependent on a specific technology. ;)

Talk about coincidences!!!

Wouldn't ya know I just received word from Canada Post that the truck carrying my Mossy back from repairs in Ontario was in a terrible crash and all the cargo on board was destroyed!! Dang it!!

And just to add insult to injury, we were broken into last night and the scoundrels made off with my guns and all the remaining ammo....sucks to be me!! :eek:

Guess I'll just go back to target shooting with my BB gun and slingshot. :cry:

cmcdonald said:

I hope they're not black, what a world of trouble you'd be in then!

I do keep hearing that companies are out of gold and silver for their electronic products (am I listening to too much Coast to Coast??? :D) I would assume copper, which of course is needed in brass manufacturing would be the same. If its not that we're either back to everyone panicked and bought it all in the last few months... or the government is hording it all (again, too much Coast to Coast)

cmcdonald said:
Talk about coincidences!!!

Wouldn't ya know I just received word from Canada Post that the truck carrying my Mossy back from repairs in Ontario was in a terrible crash and all the cargo on board was destroyed!! Dang it!!

And just to add insult to injury, we were broken into last night and the scoundrels made off with my guns and all the remaining ammo....sucks to be me!! :eek:

,,,,,sorry sir,your mossy was on the way,,,,,but,,,,,

Attachments

• UPS.jpg
    UPS.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 357
Back