• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Will Obama try to outlaw guns?

honkey

.270 WIN
Personally, I don't think he would be able to even if he tried, but I am wondering if anyone has circumstantial evidence that would lead you to believe that he will try to outlaw guns if he gets elected to a second term.

Look up

UN Small Arms International Treaty

UNODA (United Nations Office of Disarmament Affairs)

If you think the Clinton era was scary you guys have no clue what kind of battle you're in for if Obama is re-elected. If you're not an NRA member you need to join NOW.

Under the radar.

Paraphrased from a recent NRA-ILA e-mail:

For more than 30 years, the federal budget has included a provision to block the government from using your tax dollars to destroy surplus firearms that are prized by collectors, and a more recent provision blocks the government from destroying spent brass casings that are valuable for reloading.

Obama wants to strip these protections out of next year's budget.

Likewise, he wants to give the government full authority to spend your tax dollars on bogus anti-gun studies that claim to "prove" that your guns are a "public health menace."

He wants to give the government the power to ban imports of some of the finest shotguns in the world. Likewise, he wants to give government bureaucrats the arbitrary power to ban the importation of collectible firearms -- effectively denying you the right to own the firearms of your choice.

He wants to slash funding for the Federal Flight Deck Officer program, that empowers trained commercial airline pilots to serve as a last line of defense against terrorists.

Obama even wants to give government officials the option to continue smuggling guns to Mexican drug lords!

Last year, NRA-ILA supported an amendment to prohibit any additional funding for this so-called "Fast and Furious" operation -- where Obama officials knowingly allowed thousands of guns to "walk" across the Mexican border into the hands of the drug cartels.

This ill-conceived operation has led to the murders of hundreds of innocent people, including at least two U.S. federal agents. But now -- believe it or not -- Obama wants to open the door for even more firearms to be sent across our border to ruthless drug kingpins!

Outlaw guns?...I think he'd like to but even if he wins he won't have a democratic congress to do that. He will do everything he can though as hightlighted in previous posts. Of course if we have a "national crisis" and civil liberties are suspended then all bets are off. Long live the 2nd amendment

Ttutt that link is hilarious! On a serious note I think the anti's are taking a generational approach to disarmament. They know it can't be done in one grab but can be done slowly over time. When people non gun folks wonder why the NRA fights every little battle, this is why.

I don't think anyone would foolish enough to even attempt to outright ban firearms. Much more likely to try incremental steps like "reasonable restrictions" on purchases. Kinda like the ol' boiling frog analogy. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Outlaw? I think he would like that but I don't think it can happen. But who knows, the justice department is out of control. If they can go after Sheriff Joe for actually enforcing law while ignoring thinks such as voter intimidation, etc, than I suppose anything is possible.

Making life for gun-owners a living hell buy driving up prices and placing restriction on everything while not actually banning them? Yes, I see that as a reality. And it is already happening to some degree

For reasons that transcend guns I fear what will happen if he gets reelected. Four years of control as a lame duck with nothing to lose is not a period I want to experience. But you can't just point the finger at the pres. Our congress, both sides is letting a lot of this happen.

Canuk here but I doubt Obama can outlaw guns or is this not the purpose of congress?

HTC Vision on Tapatalk 2

ripjack13 said:
It will not happen.

I hope youre correct. But I feel anything is possible now.

Tom396 said:
I don't think anyone would foolish enough to even attempt to outright ban firearms. Much more likely to try incremental steps like "reasonable restrictions" on purchases. Kinda like the ol' boiling frog analogy. Take care. Tom Worthington.

The creeping incremental approach generationally has been happening now for generations.

Heres the thing, Obama has been an anti 2A guy for a very long time and admitted as much on record as early as his college days. He feels no one should own a firearm. While he may not himself use our federal system to ban firearm ownership, hes def in favor of signin on with the UN and the ATT (Arms Trade Treaty) which may pave the way for the UN's intentions of disarming everyone and possible allow for enforcement by UN forces.

This is no conspiracy theory of mine. One only has to look at stated goals and intentions. Certain pieces of the agenda are public and published. I have been asking myself "To what end?" over these things for some time now, but pieces are beginning to fit together. Individually it may not add up and to ask if Obama will ban all firearm ownership, well, that question on its own would seem to be a resounding NO!!! It can never happen. But when you look at all the parts, a pattern emerges and it can be put together.

#1. Obama said in a SOTUA he would like to consolidate all power of the federal govt to the executive branch. (that would be him)

#2. NDAA "indefinite detention of terror suspect" legislation comes out for fiscal year 2012.

#3. DHS report uncovers new definitions of terror suspects or individuals capable of or possessing the potential for committing acts of terror. (I can get the exact wording from the report if you like but its all posted here on MO already) New definitions would clearly define many of us here as terrorists.

#4. Push to sign the several UN treaties, one particularly being the one dealing with small arms, the ATT, is expected to be signed by Hillary Clinton by the 27th of this month. (details of this are highlighted on here as well)

#5. After this past weekend and the heinous murders and maiming of innocents in Colorado, there is a hard push for more gun legislation, control and even bans.

Lanny Davis was speaking today and stated he desires for certain purchases to be tracked. Purchases like bulk ammo and certain firearms such as semi-autos and assault rifles. He said ther is no practical, sporting or recreational use for such firearms anyway and those should simply be banned anyhow. These are his words but not a quote, I'm paraphrasing.

No practical, sporting, or recreactional use for semi-auto firearms. Think about that, cuz thats how many people feel. Apparently 3 Gun isnt a sport, neither is IDPA, ISPC, or anything resembling these where a semi-auto firearm is commonly used. These are being catagorized as "assault weapons".

Lets move on to the next point, ammo. I have even heard some conservatives agree, or perhaps aquiesse is the better term, to tracking not only the sale of the above mentioned but also ammo.

What is the end goal of all this? Well, what Lanny Davis said, would be for the DHS to have a record of all sales and be able to track them. I defer to the above mentioned point about the DHS new definitions of terrorism and terrorist. He said this could be used by the DHS to stop people like Holmes in Colorado before they could carry out such an act of terror.

Really? How? Does America have a "pre-crime" division of some agency like the DHS? If I'm following, the DHS would use new definitions to identify and track individuals who possess the potential to carry out terrorist activities, who could then be detained indefinitely and even sent to a prison abroad.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!! What the hell is goin on with people in this country? When did regular, normal, law abiding, freedom loving, Americans become the bad guy?

Does everyone here know this kind of stuff is what the communists and nazis would do? You re-define meanings of words, track and detain anyone who opposes the radical agenda, disarm civilians, double talk, lie, distort facts and evidence, if it happened you say it didnt...

I could go on and it really isnt even conspiracy theory anymore when the UN posts this stuff on their website.

Yep! I got it, diggin through it slowly...

A couple other things I forgot in my previous post;
Lanny Davis, in addition to the firearms not having a practical, sporting, or even a recreationeal purpose, his words, they have no purpose other than killing.

Another thing thats been brought up is a push to re-instate "the ban" on such firearms and high capacity magazines.

Rossignol said:
Another thing thats been brought up is a push to re-instate "the ban" on such firearms and high capacity magazines.

the "scary things ban" didn't stop violent acts between 1994 and 2004 when the AWB was in effect. Go ahead and look up the statistics.

People were still killed and mugged and assaulted and shot and raped and stabbed and beat to death.

Violent acts didn't start back in 2004 when the ban ended when suddenly people could once again have shoulder things that can go up [reference to Senator McCarthy] and bayonet lugs and (gasp) threaded barrels and magazines that hold more than 10 rounds !!!

Why do some people think reinstating a senseless and unsuccessful legislative ban will change anything now?

Old Chinese proverb say:

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over & expecting a different outcome.”

I have a novel solution.

If they don't want to own a gun, or a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, fine, let them exersize their right NOT to own them.

But don't infringe on my right to own the tools I feel necessary to protect my family, myself, and my home.

I totally agree brother!

And I know the stats on the crime rates, but heres a stat for us all. 99.9% of firearms and their owners didnt hurt anyone today.

You guys are hitting good points. It's funny how that stupid '94 ban has been coming up. The liberals know, and some were even public back then, that the ban would do little to change crime statistics because the guns banned were rarely used in crimes. The ban was meant to be a start to a larger ban/confiscation agenda. Two years later the American people removed a lot of them from office for supporting it. It's the same now, they are looking for a start.

I read an interesting piece the other month from a writer who said the American people will never give up their guns because they know they won't be safe. Liberals who want their guns also coddle criminals and let them loose again to further terrorize the public.

It looks like BHO is starting to come out and speak against guns. He's starting by holding up the AK-47 as something only soldiers should have.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...iting-some-gun-use-in-wake-colorado-massacre/

Where can I get in on all these military grade assault weapons that I keep hearing are available to civilians? I'd love something with a selector switch but haven't won the lottery yet.

Back