• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

It's good to hear positive feed back about Mossberg CS.

Glad they got you taken care of.:)

Hi, I am a new Mossberg owner having purchased a 500 20 gauge Special Purpose. #54300. I called customer service the second day that I had the firearm because I could not get shells to go in easily or more than 2 or 3. Did all the wooden dowel removal stuff no plug in there. Looked with a flashlight etc. it is suppose to be 7+1 capacity.
I got thru to customer service quickly enough so that is good. He offered to send me a new spring. I said I don't have any business trying to remove the magazine tube with loctite etc without scratching it up. So I asked him about getting a number or something to send it to Texas for service. He said there was no number like that and to just send it back if the dealer could not do anything with it. The dealer made it clear that there was no return on firearms so I sent the shotgun to Texas. I did go ahead and email customer service about it too. I sent it insured so I will know it got there. But they should have some sort of return number. We shall see what happens. So I have not gotten to shoot it or anything yet.
Any word from Mossberg? Or, do you have your SG back from it's warranty work?

Just in case anyone was wondering...and you probably weren't, ;) I have never received a response to the last email I sent to Mossberg CS, Joe Zakher and Grech Outdoors (Mossberg service point in Canada) on May 27th, 2013.

I know in the grand scheme of things one dissatisfied customer doesn't necessarily amount to much but I really expected better. I invited anyone of these parties to contact me for further details and obviously no response ever came. Not even a canned response.

I hope the few entries in this thread over the months since are indicative of a fundamental change in QC and CS practices.

Brother that really gets under my skin.

I hate to see good folks get treated this way. It just isn't right and I really wish there was something we could do to help...

Just purchased my first Mossberg firearm, though it may well be my last! I purchased a brand new M590A1 Mariner, and am extremely disappointed in the quality, fit, and finish. My instinct is telling me this gun was a returned or exchange model, it had some major blemishes in the marine finish, a chip on the barrel ring that was touched up by hand with a paint brush or something. There were scratches all over the top and sides of the receiver, as if someone installed a scope or sight. The tab on the safety inside the receiver was skewed and not properly aligned with the bolt and trigger group. The fading you see in the 2nd picture appears to be residue from a sticker but it faded into the finish and would not come off.

The dealer (Cheaperthandirt.com) basically blew me off, and referred me to Mossberg. I never even fired it and sent it back to Mossberg the day after I received it. They got it today so we'll see how this plays out. Not sure what to expect given all the horror stories. Anything short of a completely new gun will be a major disappointment

For nearly $600 I expected a perfect piece! Sow now I'm wondering, will they replace the gun outright? Will they have to completely refinish the barrel and receiver? Am I stuck with it since the serial number is already registered to me?
dumahyhy.jpg
ypy9ydy6.jpg
a6erybag.jpg

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork

I hesitate to say this, but I think you should have considered refusing the shotgun at your FFL when you had three days or whatever to accept it.

I hope you get some recourse that makes it better for you.

I hesitate to say this, but I think you should have considered refusing the shotgun at your FFL when you had three days or whatever to accept it.

I hope you get some recourse that makes it better for you.
The dealers policy is all sales final, no returns on firearms, and return to manufacturer for warranty service. Their response was the gun shipped to me as soon as it was received from manufacturer.

Cheaperthandirt has a not so good reputation in the gun community. Your's isn't the only story from pissed off customers I've seen on several gun boards. Sorry for your trouble, but as they say "once burned, twice shy".

Hindsight is 20/20, I could have ordered it from my local Gander Mountain store for an additional $155

Last edited:
With all due respect, I'd put the responsibility on CTD in this situation.

They have been screwing people over for years and most of us here would never spend a dime with them. Stay on Mossberg and make sure you get in contact with someone with details on your issue before they take action. Let them know what you want and don't settle. We have a contact at Mossberg that may be able to assist...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

As far as the serial number goes, the firearm is not "registered" to you. The ATF form 4473 shows that a particular serial number was transferred to your ownership, but nothing more. Mossberg has the option to send you a completely new firearm if that's what you insist on. One of their distributors, CTD, is passing off sub-standard or refurbished firearms as new and I would think that Mossberg would be interested in that information. While Mossberg was not at fault here, they should do everything in their power to make this right. Keep us posted...

Thanks for the feedback guys. Obviously I'm frustrated. I did contact Joe Zakher by email so waiting feedback, I'll call them Monday to follow up. This is my first firearm purchase ever, so I'm still learning the do's and don'ts of gun purchase/ownership.

Well I spoke with someone from customer service and they said my gun has been repaired, they replaced the receiver and barrel. I'm a bit skeptical, but this is positive news. I asked to speak with Joe Zakher but he is out of the office til Tuesday so I may call him back tomorrow for more details if I don't hear from him by email.

Ditto what LES said...and if you're getting action today (Monday) and they just received it Friday....brother you're doing very well. If Mossberg gets your SG back to you in the next few weeks you will have trumped my wait time by months. Glad to hear things are looking up. Hang in there!!;)

Just received an email from Joe Z at Mossberg:

"Good morning

Your firearm is complete. We replaced the receiver (new) and barrel. Your firearm will be shipping out this week from us. Thank you. have a great day.

Joseph Zakher
Product service leadman technical support.
Mossberg Authorized service center

Maverick Arms Inc
1001 industrial Blvd
Eagle Pass, TX 78852
1-800-363-3555
Fax (830) 773-5893"

Definitely some good news. Thanks for all the support guys. I'll be sure and post some pics when I get it back .

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork!

What's involved on my end regarding the new serial number since they replaced the receiver where it was stamped? Do I need to file any forms with an FFL?
Last thing I need is hassle from ATF !

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork!

Back