• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

mojoronin said:
Bottom line: Spin it anyway you want to, I do not believe for one moment that things take so long to get fixed. They'll sell a product to make money. Fixing problems cost money. They want to make money instead of fixing (spending) money. Especially when they can make huge sales totals for hunting, holiday, and political climates.

I have no doubt that there is an element of truth in that statement. That's the capitalist way, maximize profit and minimize expense. However, I think there are larger quality of manufacturing and quality control issues at OFM that are bogging down the system. I think the staff at the service centers are woefully swamped and have been for some time now.

OFM has some serious issues to deal with and unfortunately the drama seems to continue month after month and year after year...ad nauseam. It's unfortunate that all too often they treat paying customers to shoddy workmanship, poor QC and horridly obscene customer service levels.

Believe me, I know how easy it is to get bent right out of shape over this...I was too.

You aren't alone.

Imagine that, I called customer disservice on Friday,and was talking with Samantha, and was wondering if I could talk to Lewis, maybe get a tracking number, like I was promised. Samantha said: "If you'd like, I can get you in contact with the Lead Technician." I said: 'no, I don't need to, besides, Joe (Zakher) don't like me too much, or else he'd have returned my emails or calls in the last month or so...' "...Joe here, no, I like you, we're very busy, and we're finally able to get your shotgun serial numbers switched, and it is on the dock and it is going to be leaving and should be at Gander Mountain for you by Wednesday."

...So Joe was camping on the line, listening while I'm talking to Samantha, and...is that entertainment for them there? How about instead of me having to raise a minor ruckus 2 times (one to Samantha and one to him), couldn't he just have picked up phone, taken a moment to communicate with the customer, and get the problem SOLVED instead of the run around-and-around?

^^Dude.....I have no words............ :( :?

My 930 was sent to Maverick on 12/23, received by them on Friday 12/27 according to USPS. I emailed just to ensure they had actually logged it in on Friday 1/3.

Within an hour or so I have an email back stating, "Yes, we have it and it's been fixed. Will ship back to you next week. Your Order # is xxxxxx"

In my book, a 3 business day (there was a holiday in the middle there...) is pretty darned good. Now, I don't have it back in hand, but at this point I'm very happy.

Does anyone know of a place where I can plug that Order # in and see a shipping status?

Let's hope they keep up the good work. Keep us posted.

I can't say for sure, but I would think you should be able to go to USPS website and find a spot to plunk in the tracking/order#.

I was told it is on the dock and leaving Fed ex, and they got me a tracking number...after i called them. They were supposed to keep me in the loop, but no...

I was told it takes a couple days for Fed ex to update tracking. Interesting, since I've worked in shipping. It'll be here before tracking will update. Supposedly.

Shotgun came in. Mossberg overnighted it. The shotgun is new replacement. The magazine cap has the very-rare 3-side rail mounts. I photographed it. Its on Armslist this moment. No, no goodies. Talk about a big let down.

4 months, 12 days. One hell of a way to lose a Mossberg customer.

mojoronin said:
Shotgun came in. Mossberg overnighted it. The shotgun is new replacement. The magazine cap has the very-rare 3-side rail mounts. I photographed it. Its on Armslist this moment. No, no goodies. Talk about a big let down.

4 months, 12 days. One hell of a way to lose a Mossberg customer.
You're gonna flog it? Not even give it a test firing? Glad they kept their word and got it out to you as promised.

let it be the next guy's headache...if it is a new one, chances are it will have the same issues and you're back in the same sinking boat...

mojoronin said:
I was told it is on the dock and leaving Fed ex, and they got me a tracking number...after i called them. They were supposed to keep me in the loop, but no...

I was told it takes a couple days for Fed ex to update tracking. Interesting, since I've worked in shipping. It'll be here before tracking will update. Supposedly.

For what it is worth... They have probably a few hundred customers at any given time calling in for help, parts, updates... Then they probably have that many emails coming in every hour. I know that history has proven they have some sketchy Customer Service but they need to be given credit... They got the job done lol :)

4 months and 12 days is not customer service. Customer service is solving the problem, not avoiding calls, failing to return emails, and not that long of time for replacement. If you have your name on it, you protect that name with viciousness akin to a mother bear. Fact is, they are getting shipments all the time. How long does it take to ship from Turkey? Last I checked, they aren't rowing cargo ships these days.

Yeah, I'm getting rid of it. I already had one, so I know what they are like, so curiosity doesn't have a hold on me. I'll sell it, take the money, and get a TriStar Viper G2 or Weatherby SA-08 or TR-459. Same shotgun. Weatherby has one of, if not the best customer service reputation in the business. TriStar is the direct Armsan importer in the USA, so: 1 - deal with the manufacturer direct, 2 - should have a stockpile of replacement firearms and parts on hand, 3 - isn't Mossberg.

WNC Seabee said:
My 930 was sent to Maverick on 12/23, received by them on Friday 12/27 according to USPS. I emailed just to ensure they had actually logged it in on Friday 1/3.

Within an hour or so I have an email back stating, "Yes, we have it and it's been fixed. Will ship back to you next week. Your Order # is xxxxxx"

In my book, a 3 business day (there was a holiday in the middle there...) is pretty darned good. Now, I don't have it back in hand, but at this point I'm very happy.

Does anyone know of a place where I can plug that Order # in and see a shipping status?

FWIW, my shotgun was returned today fixed, no charge for what was very likely my screw up. They received it into their possession on Friday 12/27. I have it back in hand 8 business days later - including shipping time.

Great communication via Email with "Santa Hernandez".

mojoronin said:
4 months and 12 days is not customer service. Customer service is solving the problem, not avoiding calls, failing to return emails, and not that long of time for replacement. If you have your name on it, you protect that name with viciousness akin to a mother bear. Fact is, they are getting shipments all the time. How long does it take to ship from Turkey? Last I checked, they aren't rowing cargo ships these days.

Yeah, I'm getting rid of it. I already had one, so I know what they are like, so curiosity doesn't have a hold on me. I'll sell it, take the money, and get a TriStar Viper G2 or Weatherby SA-08 or TR-459. Same shotgun. Weatherby has one of, if not the best customer service reputation in the business. TriStar is the direct Armsan importer in the USA, so: 1 - deal with the manufacturer direct, 2 - should have a stockpile of replacement firearms and parts on hand, 3 - isn't Mossberg.

Too bad they let you down. Good luck to you with the other ones.

WNC Seabee said:
WNC Seabee said:

FWIW, my shotgun was returned today fixed, no charge for what was very likely my screw up. They received it into their possession on Friday 12/27. I have it back in hand 8 business days later - including shipping time.

Great communication via Email with "Santa Hernandez".

Glad to hear you were taking care of in a timely manner.

Thanks for the update. :D

Hi, I am a new Mossberg owner having purchased a 500 20 gauge Special Purpose. #54300. I called customer service the second day that I had the firearm because I could not get shells to go in easily or more than 2 or 3. Did all the wooden dowel removal stuff no plug in there. Looked with a flashlight etc. it is suppose to be 7+1 capacity.
I got thru to customer service quickly enough so that is good. He offered to send me a new spring. I said I don't have any business trying to remove the magazine tube with loctite etc without scratching it up. So I asked him about getting a number or something to send it to Texas for service. He said there was no number like that and to just send it back if the dealer could not do anything with it. The dealer made it clear that there was no return on firearms so I sent the shotgun to Texas. I did go ahead and email customer service about it too. I sent it insured so I will know it got there. But they should have some sort of return number. We shall see what happens. So I have not gotten to shoot it or anything yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 53
Welcome to the forum from NY. Sorry to hear about the problem. I'm sure Mossberg will make things right.
Keep us posted on the problem.

Wondering when flex will be for sale for my MVP. In Winnipeg.
And I see the 715t is now coming with 2 -10 round mags. Canadian gun laws are screwed..
With my MVP it takes ar Mags and legally takes lar15 10 round mags. Yet the one it comes with is capped at 5 rounds... Interesting.

Last edited:
Wondering when flex will be for sale for my MVP. In Winnipeg.
And I see the 715t is now coming with 2 -10 round mags. Canadian gun laws are screwed..
With my MVP it takes ar Mags and legally takes lar15 10 round mags. Yet the one it comes with is capped at 5 rounds... Interesting.
If the mag were not interchangeable with AR or some other restricted / prohib weapon it wouldn't be an issue. Our laws are most definitely bonkers up here. You can't hardly fart while holding a restricted weapon without the RCMP's ok on it....hence the limited mag capacity, as all AR's are limited to 5.

I have had two experiences with Mossberg CS at Maverick Arms since I purchased my Blackwater 930 SPX last November..........both were regarding replacement parts. First time I dealt with Ignacio Zaragoza and most recently with Joe Zakher. Both took care of me in a timely manner, and both were a pleasure to deal with. And I must express my thanks to this fine forum and its helpful moderators who repeatedly post who to contact when we have a problem.....:)

Glad to see that Mossberg CS has taken good care of you.

Thanks for your post. It's always nice to read some good news...

Back