• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

I am new here but I will play. Here is my plain old Springer Loaded. The only thing I didn't like about it were the standard mags that came with it. I like the Nighthawk Custom mags and I am planning on picking up a few Kimpro mags next time I am at Cabelas. I hear those a pretty decent and only go for about $25 or so at Cabelas.

IMGP0008.jpg

Here it is next to my 930. Both sporting the wood hardware.

20130123_095540.jpg

ram229 said:
I am new here but I will play. Here is my plain old Springer Loaded. The only thing I didn't like about it were the standard mags that came with it. I like the Nighthawk Custom mags and I am planning on picking up a few Kimpro mags next time I am at Cabelas. I hear those a pretty decent and only go for about $25 or so at Cabelas.[/img]

Nice parkerized Loaded. Good gun. For real.

Springfield Armory, for reasons unknown to me, ships their 1911s with wadcutter feed lip magazines. They suck. A Colt Hybrid feed lip mag is a turn in the right direction but they are still insufficient for reliably feeding hardball and decent hollow points.

Look at Checkmate Industries USGI 7-rd mags for it. There are no finer, more reliable mags than those if you shoot 230-gr hollow points or hardball.

ram229 said:
I am new here but I will play. Here is my plain old Springer Loaded. The only thing I didn't like about it were the standard mags that came with it. I like the Nighthawk Custom mags and I am planning on picking up a few Kimpro mags next time I am at Cabelas. I hear those a pretty decent and only go for about $25 or so at Cabelas.

IMGP0008.jpg

Here it is next to my 930. Both sporting the wood hardware.

20130123_095540.jpg

Love the Springer and that's a great lookin pair!

...oh, and +1 on the CheckMate mags. Like nitesite said, they're second to none...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Itsricmo said:
I will let the two feet joke up to someone else :lol:

Nah go ahead man, you take this one... :lol:

I never claimed to be a photographer and I have some big damn feet. I would have to take the damn pic from my backyard with a zoom lense and them bad boys would still end up in the shot. :D

It's all good man.

Kind of an inside joke from an old post, bottom of page 15 in the "Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery" if you're interested. You make a corny joke around here and some folks never let you forget it... :D

Yup, some folks around here spend their time on the board offering suggestions and helping with issues. I just lurk around waiting to crack off one liners like that... :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You make a corny joke around here and some folks never let you forget it... :D

HAHA! Because it is obviously an epic joke! :mrgreen:
Gotta use it when I can! :twisted:

Canada. :D

Found 'em a few years back. The owner Terry Huang, makes all the knives by hand and the bi-tone on the left is a one of a kind custom he did for me to match my Kimber. They come in two fram sizes, one to fit government/commander sized grips and the other is a compact made for officer's model grips. Here's a thread I started in the Knives sub-forum...

m1911 Knives

Here's the one I had made for my Pop to pair with his Colt...

The company is Ultimate Equipment, but they have since teamed up with a U.S. distributor...

Gunner Products

I still need to pick up one of their fixed blade models...

I had a park'd Loaded too! Mine came with wood but I put the Pachmayr wrap around grips on it.

I'll vouch for the crappy magazines. I got the Colt mags and they were better. Still had problems but much less frequently. Always wanted to get the Checkmate but sold the gun. Darnit. I want it back.

Thanks LES! Those are AWESOME!! :D

EDIT: Random question... Do all Beaver-tail safeties need to be fitted? I have seen some interesting hammer bite pictures lately and if I ever get my hands on the RIA GI.. I would like to swap out the BT safety and hammer but only if a Budget Gun could be kept budget without Smith costs :p haha

Not all, but most.

...and it's the frame that usually has to be fitted to the beaver-tail. For what it's worth I've never been bit by my RIA...

Back