• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Don't remember if I've posted a pic. It's not the best pic, just one I had on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359352837.441723.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359352837.441723.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 141
KentuckyWindage said:
I posted this in the S&W thread but since it is some what a 1911 here it is
iDhr22SyT5kXw.jpg
:shock: Holy Crapollie :shock:

those Smiths are by far my favorites.......man there are a LOT of 1911's floating aroud .

Which would you guys prefer. 5" or 4.25"? I'll be picking up a 1911 soon and am having trouble deciding. I already have an sr9c for my main carry. I'm thinking I might want to carry the 1911 every once in a while. So which would be best for me? A shop near me has both sr1911 in stock I just can't decide. If I could I would've had it today. Need help.

If I get a 1911 I am going with a 5". Pennsylvania is an Open Carry state so I can open carry it should I choose. But I am looking into a "Savoy Leather" holster and they look promising for an IWB holster for CCW if I want to choose that route.

I like the extra inch of slide because of the weight will help reduce felt recoil.

I have a 5 inch that I keep in the truck most of the time, I carry it as needed. I want to get a smaller one to carry, because I think I would carry more often if it wasn't so big. Then again I'm 5ft 4 so if you're a little taller carrying a 5 inch should be no problem.

Back