• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Re: 1911 Pictures!!

If you're lookin for a basic entry level shooter and a potential "fixer-upper" you can't go wrong with a Springfield 1911 GI. You can spend a few more bucks and get the Mil-Spec model, a few more bucks than that for the Range Officer, etc., etc. There are a ton of options out there from several makers.

Just avoid Para Ordnance like they have the plague. They used to be a reputable company, buy now they manufacture overpriced paperweights that are posing as pistols.

No problem,

Just be careful! Getting into 1911s can be addicting and you can never have just one. If you find yourself caught in that downward spiral hit me up. I know of some great support groups. Strangely, we meet at a local gun store once a week and I've yet to overcome my addiction... :lol:

It's the only addiction I don't want to get over lol...

DHonovich said:
It's the only addiction I don't want to get over lol...

For real!!! I'm plotting and scheeming ways to get more stuff!

Find you a local shop with LAYAWAY! :D

My LGS has it with 25% down and a 90 day pay-off period. It's freakin AWESOME!!! It's a lot easier to part with a couple hundred bucks a month than $800-$1000 in one shot...

Don't know 'bout you guys, but I'm lookin forward to seeing this one in person...

Ruger SR1911

Model #: 6700
Caliber: .45 Auto
Slide Material: Stainless Steel
Sights: Fixed Novak® 3-Dot
Length: 8.67"
Height: 5.45"
Width: 1.34"
Weight: 39.00 oz.
Grooves: 6
Barrel Length: 5.00"
Twist: 1:16" RH
Capacity: 8+1

Suggested Retail: $799

My Pop just sent me some pics of my #1 all-time favorite pistol in the world, his Colt's Combat Commander. He's retired Airborne and has had it since the early '70s. It was his duty sidearm while he served.

Several months ago I had an m1911 knife made for him with a matching set of silver-black wood grips for the Colt. He's been in poor health since last September, but I'm happy to say he's turned the corner and finally able to get around to taking the photos. Just thought I'd share...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Don't know 'bout you guys, but I'm lookin forward to seeing this one in person...

Ruger SR1911

Model #: 6700
Caliber: .45 Auto
Slide Material: Stainless Steel
Sights: Fixed Novak® 3-Dot
Length: 8.67"
Height: 5.45"
Width: 1.34"
Weight: 39.00 oz.
Grooves: 6
Barrel Length: 5.00"
Twist: 1:16" RH
Capacity: 8+1

Suggested Retail: $799

:shock: Woooooooooooow, Its beautiful! The price is reasonable too for having stainless and the Novak sights. Just have to get rid of THOSE GRIPS!!! lol, jk :D

That Colt is awesome! When they can be found, the duty and Govt. models are still commanding top dollar.

I am really starting to see what all the 1911 fuss is all about. It is a beautiful weapon.

Dan Wesson 2010 Valor
IMG_20110515_114716.jpg

Back