• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Re: 1911 Pictures!!

I will try to get the other grips I have on sometime this week and get some pics. I have been told, the pistol told me this, that it wants a set of nice stag :cool:

I have a question for you all.

How do think the parkerized 1911 would look with some stainless accents? like barrel bushing, spring plug or guide rod?

... looks pretty good on Springfield's Range Officer ...

I think a stainless spring plug might be overkill though...

Good lookin out!

Well, heres my problem. I want to replace the spring plug or do a one piece guide rod. Something different than the allen keyed guide rod. I havent seen anything parkerized, and just a few that are "matte blued", otherwise stainless is the other option. I dont know how the matte blued would look... so I was thinkin stainless.

Yeah, I know that hex key guide rod set-up on your Springer. It'd get on my nerves pretty quick. You never know, it may turn out great with a stainless rod in there.

As of right now, the barrel is visible and the guide rod is aluminum. I dont think (or know) if the stainless would be tooooo bvig a jump or difference;

Yeah, the only things its missing is the bushing between.

I may have found another solution though. I've been told about the plug and guide rod of the SA GI model, all parkerized so I'm going to go back and look at the pics of yours and I may be ordering those from SA.

Over the years I have come to really dislike the 1 pc guide rod. I will be changing my wife's Kimber over to a GI plug setup this summer.

As far as parkerizing and all look at Randy Kline of Sledgehammer Arms (IRIC) in TX. I have his email if you need it. The FAL I have was done by him, great guy and great prices.

sumoj275 said:
Over the years I have come to really dislike the 1 pc guide rod. I will be changing my wife's Kimber over to a GI plug setup this summer.

As far as parkerizing and all look at Randy Kline of Sledgehammer Arms (IRIC) in TX. I have his email if you need it. The FAL I have was done by him, great guy and great prices.

I'll look him up, Thanks!!!

My Kimber

P1010140.jpg

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nice!

My EDC is a Kimber Ultra CDP II .45. I love my Meprolight sights!

I agree these are getting dim need another set and I havent seen anything I like as much as these!

Rossignol said:
I have a question for you all.

How do think the parkerized 1911 would look with some stainless accents? like barrel bushing, spring plug or guide rod?

Hey Brad,

Now that I have my parkerized Springer I can swap out some parts with my other stainless 1911 if you wanna see how it'd look.

Let me know what you wanna see and I'll post up some pics.

Back