• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Re: 1911 Pictures!!

Hey man, Good thinkin!!!

I guess if you could do the bushing and a GI style spring plug, that would do it! Thanks Shane, Good lookin out!!! ;)

No problem.

The stainless spring plug from my S&W is a bit different than the ones in the Springer GI models, but this should give you a pretty good idea of how it'd look ...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
No problem.

The stainless spring plug from my S&W is a bit different than the ones in the Springer GI models, but this should give you a pretty good idea of how it'd look ...

Dude, Youre awesome! Thanks!!!

Not a bad look, adds a bit of custom to it I think!

Yeah, that combo looks a lot better to me than just stainless bushing with a parkerized spring plug like on the SA Range Officer.

So what do ya think, you like it enough to make the change?

100_1815.jpg

my 1911... nothing special, no mods, just a SA 1911 in SS.

I agree... I think it looks good and is a nice break up.
Every gun I own is black except the 1911 and a Glenfield Golden "50" I got when I was like 10 years old.
It could probably use some upgrades, but I actually wanted a 1911 in the spirit of the original. rock solid reliable with 10 yrds of accuracy...

I've also come to appreciate the simplicity of the GI and Mil-Spec models. I see the OD green Springer GI model in my future...

Re: My latest aquisition ... Limited Pistol

Congratulations! What are you getting done to it now?

DHonovich said:
Congratulations! What are you getting done to it now?
shes out @ the shop right now getting the trigger guard under cut, the grip is getting stippling, SVI wide ambi thumb safety install, koenig low mass hammer, and some mag tuning...

Very nice!

Looking forward to seeing her completed...

STI produces some of the world's best race guns...congrats and keep us updated on how she performs at the range when she's back in your hands again... !! ;)

428298iod3ikrfok.gif

STI edge! i am thinking of purchasing one
for IPSC. i am thinking of using it on limited
class. my cousin got one and has nothing
but good things to say about it.

seeing another one makes me all jealous.
you can never go wrong with an STI!

astroboy said:

428298iod3ikrfok.gif

STI edge! i am thinking of purchasing one
for IPSC. i am thinking of using it on limited
class. my cousin got one and has nothing
but good things to say about it.

seeing another one makes me all jealous.
you can never go wrong with an STI!
Actually if you can afford it and your patient enough... I would go with a full custom full stainless steel SV Infinity Pistol... I couldn't stand the wait of 8months when paid in full or 12month wait if you only pay deposit.

Strayer & Voight Infinity is a better pistol especially when you can already order a Sight Tracker Barrel with it out of the box. Plus the Owner Brandon Strayer is a very very cool guy and carries great customer service...

I'm going to build my Edge into a SVI copy ... Plans are SVI aggressive mirco pocket grip and custom Sight Tracker Scheumann AET barrel. I'm also building a SVI open slide in 9mm to fit this STI frame...

RippSpeed said:
Actually if you can afford it and your patient enough... I would go with a full custom full stainless steel SV Infinity Pistol... I couldn't stand the wait of 8months when paid in full or 12month wait if you only pay deposit.

Strayer & Voight Infinity is a better pistol especially when you can already order a Sight Tracker Barrel with it out of the box. Plus the Owner Brandon Strayer is a very very cool guy and carries great customer service...

I'm going to build my Edge into a SVI copy ... Plans are SVI aggressive mirco pocket grip and custom Sight Tracker Scheumann AET barrel. I'm also building a SVI open slide in 9mm to fit this STI frame...

two issues buddy:

first, my budget. second, i am from CA. i do not know which one is worse.
but both factors basically limit my choice. but like what you said... if i am
patient enough. it seems that i have no other choice but to wait.

astroboy said:
RippSpeed said:

two issues buddy:

first, my budget. second, i am from CA. i do not know which one is worse.
but both factors basically limit my choice. but like what you said... if i am
patient enough. it seems that i have no other choice but to wait.
I'm in California as well...
Strayer & Voight and Bar-Sto Precision are the only ones on the Nazi-Fornia Roster... STI is no longer in the roster... But even then theres ways around that...
Strayer & Voight you can order the .45 Goverment from them and re-ship it once DROS'ed and swap it to any calliber you want with any modifications you want except for the thread barrel ...

So basically its down to one limiting factor, budget...

Like I said if your patient enough... You can do a deposit on a Strayer & Voight Infinity and pay it off monthly till shes ready. But, I myself couldnt wait... If you ready let me know I can help you get an STI if you really want one...

Here's a pic of mine. I hope to take some better ones here shortly, but I haven't had it very long. Feels good in the hand and holds it's own at the range. Overall I am very pleased with the purchase.

Will

Attachments

• IMAG0229.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 511

Sweet! Great lookin shooter you've got there.

I love my Kimber. Just a heads-up, make sure you wipe down your barrel with oil every time you handle it. Kimber uses carbon steel on their barrels and any left-behind moisture from your hands will cause the barrel to rust. There's no feeling like looking down to see a perfect fingerprint rusted into your barrel. The barrel on mine gets a good coat of Barricade each time before reassembly...

Back