1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Chit Chat

Discussion in 'Work Safe' started by Rico, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Rico

Rico 20g Supporter

I hope everyone remembered to set their clocks back.
    Daylight-Savings-Time-Instagram-4.jpg
  2. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett 20g Supporter

Yes Sir, we`re good to go til Spring!

5.png
  3. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Everything has been reset but my truck. For reason the button to set the clock is not working. Wouldn't be the first car I had that choose to live half the year an hour in the future.
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. MarkB1

MarkB1 .270 WIN

If you are living an hour in the future get the winning lottery numbers and go for it.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  5. Rico

Rico 20g Supporter

You're pure genius Mark.
  6. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Our pets have not yet adjusted to the change. I have no problem, since I don't have to get up and go to work.

One of the beauties of retirement as you can pretty much ignore daylight savings time until you catch up with it or vice versa.
    ripjack13 and Rico like this.
  7. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

All as it should be again since id never changed my truck clock the last time change. :)
    cmcdonald likes this.
  8. Rico

Rico 20g Supporter

There is an old saying I am probably gonna mess up, but, it goes something like, if you never change a stopped clock it will be correct twice a day.
    In my case, if ya give a monkey a typewriter, eventually he will type a word.
    Djcala and Elbert Garrett like this.
  9. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Dst....what a useless thing it has become.
  10. Rico

Rico 20g Supporter

I read where the whole purpose of the time change was so politicians could spend more time on the golf course.
    ripjack13 and Elbert Garrett like this.
  11. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Hey since everyone marches to their own drummer I think we should all have our own time clock.

After all, if your legal sex is the sex you think you are, then the legal time is the time you think it is.

If my genetics tell me to get up and post on the internet at what you believe to be 3:30 in the morning, then who on God's green earth has the right to tell me it's the wrong time?
  12. Rico

Rico 20g Supporter

My wife and I went to some friends home for supper last night. We had a typical Southern meal of fried chicken, fried okra, biscuits, a nice salad, and some fresh pound cake. It was a pleasant evening, and the youngest daughter, Holly, kept on about how she helped her momma make supper. Finally, I asked, “Holly what did you do to help your momma”, and she replied, “I picked the bugs out of the flour.”
  13. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

LOL, I remeber doing that very thing many years ago. I haven't even sifted flour in so long now I don't know if it still has bugs in it or not.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  14. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Rico wins the internet this week. ;)

That was about the most down home thing ever.
    ripjack13 and Rico like this.
  15. Rico

Rico 20g Supporter

For those of you keeping score at home, Sears Holdings (SHLD) plans to close 63 Sears and Kmart stores by late January. Of the closures, 45 are Kmart stores and 18 are Sears stores. Of the Sears store closures, 15 also include the December closure of Sears Auto Centers located at the stores. I remember when Sears was a wonderful store and had anything you wanted, and it was all excellent quality. But, it was all made in America. I feel saddened by these closures. I'm 70 years old. Younger folks may not understand.
  16. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Unknown back then, but obvious now, Sears was like Wal-Mart is today. One stop shopping, except for groceries, for all of ones needs. Back then people looked forward to going shopping, it was a big deal.
    Rico likes this.
  17. Rico

Rico 20g Supporter

The only thing I would add is that the quality of goods was much better than today.
    ripjack13 and meanstreak like this.
  18. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

I stopped shopping at Sears the instant they refused to reace a broken Craftsman tool. I bought Craftsman tools for years because of their lifetime replacement warranty, which I had used many times without issue. They would always just pull another one off of the shelf and hand it to me.

The last time I was there they refused to replace a ratchet stating that that was no longer their policy and I would have to buy a parts kit to repair it.

I stated that the tool at the time I bought it had a warranty and if they didnt replace it they would lose a long time loyal customer. They refused to honor the warranty and I have not given them a penny since.
    meanstreak and ripjack13 like this.
  19. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Rico, I fully understand how you feel. Ironically, I have a 1908 Sears catalog. Everything from forks to farm tractors to entire houses.

And yes, I remember sears fondly.

We do have a local Sears. Though I don't even think that Sears owns the Craftsman brand of products anymore.

All of our local Kmarts have been gone for a decade now I guess. The nearest one (3 counties away) was closed earlier this year.
    Rico likes this.
  20. Rico

Rico 20g Supporter

I just got back from Walmart, buying a large bag of
    Purina dog chow for my wonder dog Maggie, when the
    woman behind me asked if I had a dog. (duh!!)
    So because I'm retired and have little to do, on
    impulse, I told her that no, I didn't have a dog. I told her
    I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I
    probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital the last time, but
    that I'd lost 50 pounds before I woke up in an intensive care ward.

I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet
    and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with
    Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry.
    The food is nutritionally complete, (certified), so it works well and
    I was going to try it again.

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive
    care, because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I had stopped
    to pee on a fire hydrant and a car hit me.