• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Holsters, We have them! ***Photo Thread***

Picked up a BlackHawk CQC Serpa holster for the Taurus 905 this afternoon...

The holster is made for 2" .38 Special S&W J-frames, but with a little bit of filing on a few interior surfaces it now fits the 9mm 905 like a glove...

So, I know I've been scarcely seen around these parts lately. But I know I can count on all of y'all for some good advice.

I cannot, for the life of me, find a pistol holster that also contains a flashlight holster. There's the occasional pistol / magazine combo, but nothing in leather or kydex. I've come to the realization this may require a custom build,

So, my question is this. Any suggestions? For that matter, has anyone seen such a product? I need two. One for my personal glock, and one for work carry, a beretta 92f...

Haven't seen one that I recall and no searches are coming up with anything.

I figure the tendency for a flashlight to be operated with the opposite hand from the pistol has kept the demand for the same-side combo you're looking for relatively low. As far as custom jobs go I've heard good things about Griffon Industries. They're a bit pricey, but top quality...

http://www.griffonindustries.com/

Bravo Concealment also does custom kydex and they're much less expensive...

http://www.bravoconcealment.com/

Yes Sir, it does what I need it to do.

It came with a paddle too, but I like the minimal weight and profile with just the belt slide...

I use Serpas as well. When the weather is cooler I carry my Smithy 042 crossdraw a lot for a BUG and I feel that if I am going to carry it in a manner conducive to a gun grab, I will at least have a Level II holster on for that. I found one for my Glock 42, so I may pick it up as well. The Serpa served us all well in Iraq and continues to do so here.

I found one for my Glock 42, so I may pick it up as well. The Serpa served us all well in Iraq and continues to do so here.

I liked them till I saw one get all plugged up. A girl I know fell off a horse and it packed rocks mixed with mud all behind the button.....man it took a while to get the pistol out of the holster.....not that everyone is running around falling off of horses but It took me how bad it packed in there. In a dry climate I guess it wouldn't be too big of a issue but there is a lot of muddy gumbo clay here lot of the year.....

have you ever tried a Safariland ALS ?

No, I have not tried the Safariland.
I can see where getting the holster packed full of mud would be a possibility. I ride 4 wheelers on trails a lot and some get pretty soupy, depending on the time of year. We have a lot of the red clay as well.

I use Serpas as well. When the weather is cooler I carry my Smithy 042 crossdraw a lot for a BUG and I feel that if I am going to carry it in a manner conducive to a gun grab, I will at least have a Level II holster on for that. I found one for my Glock 42, so I may pick it up as well. The Serpa served us all well in Iraq and continues to do so here.

Bought this one for the 905 with the same intent, to carry crossdraw as a back-up/critter getter on hiking trips. It'll ride loaded with CCI/Blazer 9mm shotshells in the likely event we run across any rattlers that are too close to back away from...

No, I have not tried the Safariland.
I can see where getting the holster packed full of mud would be a possibility. I ride 4 wheelers on trails a lot and some get pretty soupy, depending on the time of year. We have a lot of the red clay as well.
Red clay here too and a few other kinds.....so you know what I am talking about.

Not trying to steer you away from what you like but if you want to give an ALS a try, you wont be sorry.
They even come suede lined and IMO a lot more difficult for someone else to snatch your pistol because the release is tucked away and it is not at all obvious how to release the weapon like the Serpa.....I haven't been using mine because I am still running the Railmaster and had a custom CC holster made for it.

The tiny rose wood grips had to go on my NAA mini revolver. Plus the folding grip works double duty as a holster so I figured this thread was the one to post in about it. I like this upgrade alot.

5.11 pants and similar usually have multiple pockets especially the ar mag pockets inside the side cargo pockets. Perfectly sized for this revolver and the folded grip. Clipped to the top of the internal pocket sits right at the top and easy to grab at. I wear 5.11 pants or similar 80 percent of the time I'm at work and or just out and about and this is where I'll primarily be stashing it.

Even with other pants/shorts this slips and clips well to just about any pocket and appears to the average person like its a large folding knife if its seen. Very happy I went ahead and obtained this grip. Huge bonus, its actually enjoyable to go shoot the damned thing now. Even better to actually hit something from more than point blank range lol. I was ringing the 8 inch steel plate with ease approx 15 yards away at my local range the other day. Not bad for such a short barrel and no rear sight to work with. No way I'd be consistently doing that with the standard rosewood grips as I just could't get a good enough grip to hang on to it.

Last edited:

Picked this up for my new PF9. So far I'm really liking it. Appears to be one of those big ass smart phones or a large wallet in my front jeans pocket. No one will be the wiser.

should tack this thread, doesn't come up on search that great, for this idiot

ANYWAY.....good news. My new handgun fits an old conceal carry holster. I prints a little but its slightly less bulky than my G29 :cool:

Back