• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let's see your SKS!

Re: Going to look at Norinco SKS today. NOW WITH UPDATED PIC

nitesite said:
Just that I'm offering you some free 10-rd stripper clips for the SKS rifle.

Sorry, I'm tired and exhausted and I guess I thought a little bit of sarcasm would come across as geniune humor. I failed.

Ill take all you want to send ill pm you my info. Ive just been busy.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

No one still knows how to remove the box magazine? I pulled and pulled and pulled but it would never come out.

I shot it earlier and re-cleaned it. I dont like the sights. I wasnt able to put it on a pie size plate at 100 yards like I could back when I had my Mosin. So I reckon I am going to put some sort of scope on it. Ran 25 flawless rounds through it not that that means anything. My buddy commented about how much he hated the trigger. It does have alot of slop in it. Oh well.

tnxdshooter said:
No one still knows how to remove the box magazine? I pulled and pulled and pulled but it would never come out.

Pull the bolt carrier back first, then pull on the rear of the mag so the back pulls out and the front "unhooks".

This may help...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_Kdn3JQDQ[/youtube]

I liked his opening disclaimer in the video.

Warning: Guns are dangerous. Do not attempt anything in the video unless you know what you are doing.

That's priceless !!!

Watched that video, did that, still wont come out. That was the first video I watched.

I don't know what's going on with it, but it should just pop right out...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I don't know what's going on with it, but it should just pop right out...

Thats what I thought.

Lazy eyed sniper is correct.

There is no secret handshake to remove the box mag. If you're doing it right, it should come right out.

All you do is take the trigger group out and it should pop out right? I tried it with the bolt back, i tried it with the bolt removed along with the trigger group. I even tried it with the bolt closed just to see. Still nothing. I will give it another shot sometime when I have time.

Open the mag and pull down on the back end of the mag. They have a slight hook on the front of the mag which goes in first when installing it. Pull down on the back and don't be afraid to PULL!! ;)

Man...I remember Russian SKS's were selling for $65 in the late 80s...then they got outlawed in my home state.

DaveinCT said:
Open the mag and pull down on the back end of the mag. They have a slight hook on the front of the mag which goes in first when installing it. Pull down on the back and don't be afraid to PULL!! ;)

Did very hard. Would not budge

They are all removable and some can be a bit of a bitch to get out but they will come. Try looking down through the chamber and see if there is a spot where you could get a brass punch against the mag wall and push it out that way.

Maybe even spray some oil in there to help free it up.

DaveinCT said:
They are all removable and some can be a bit of a bitch to get out but they will come. Try looking down through the chamber and see if there is a spot where you could get a brass punch against the mag wall and push it out that way.

Maybe even spray some oil in there to help free it up.

Sprayed oil in there and used a screw driver to try and get it out. It was a no go and i was afraid to try amd forcibly pry it out as I did not want to damage it. I will try it again when I get some more time.

Re: Going to look at Norinco SKS today. UPDATED

Sounds like a job for WD-40...it will penetrate the rust or gunk ( cosmoline ) that's holding it fast. Oil will not do the job...

Can't believe I overlooked this part.

Is the trigger group removed? If it isn't the stock mag will not come out.

DaveinCT said:
Can't believe I overlooked this part.

Is the trigger group removed? If it isn't the stock mag will not come out.

Yup, popped it out first. It comes out easily and goes back in with a snap and some force.

Back