• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Maverick 88 fail to fire

Still running like a top. Once I've exhausted that 250 round box of birdshot I'll call the issue dead. :D Take care. Tom Worthington.

Re: Take Down Screw

Is there a lock wash on the end of the screw? If so try holding it and unscrew the TDS, You may need to press the TDS so the washer engages the threads.
Its all I got.
Best of luck.

I have a special tool that holds the "Funky" lock washer in place while I turn the TDS.
The tool came in a TDS kit that I bought on ebay.
Good luck without it. You may be able to hold it still with a screwdriver while you unscrew the TDS.

Mine must just be old as I can remove it without a tool, Still what ever gets the job done without damage.

Got it!! Actually removed two Take Down Screws, one that wasn't threaded in the center ( switched for one that was threaded ) so I can install a sling, if I ever get one.
Thanks.

MOSSBERG 88 PARTS

Why do Mossberg 88 parts, ney Mossberg parts in general, take so long to deliver when they are ordered directly from the manufacturer? Common parts that should be readily available take almost a month to be shipped. And they (govt) say the economy is the best it's been since 2008.

Re: MOSSBERG 88 PARTS

standard lead times.

they are planning and pulling parts for people that are ordering $1000 worth of parts at a time.
The oddball order directly to them is an unplanned sale. they want to make sure they have time to get the parts and get them shipped without delaying a $1000 order for your $10 order.

Fronty Owner said:
standard lead times.

they are planning and pulling parts for people that are ordering $1000 worth of parts at a time.
The oddball order directly to them is an unplanned sale. they want to make sure they have time to get the parts and get them shipped without delaying a $1000 order for your $10 order.

First of all, the shipping was over $10. Now to the matter at hand. I called CS today to check on my order and asked why it will take 5 to 6 weeks to get my parts. The answer given was " we are very behind right now because of a large increase in demand for our products." I took that to mean Mossberg is selling the h*ll out of their guns. God love um..

Sparky45 said:
Fronty Owner said:
I called CS today to check on my order and asked why it will take 5 to 6 weeks to get my parts. The answer given was " we are very behind right now because of a large increase in demand for our products." I took that to mean Mossberg is selling the h*ll out of their guns. God love um..

And I believe 'em!! Things are flying off the shelf. As to maybe why that is, check out the politics section. ;) Take care. Tom Worthington.

I may be off on my assessment. all the OEMs I have worked at do that.
everyone gets a month lead time for an off the shelf part. If its not on the shelf, its a month or a week plus the time it takes to get the parts.
Mossberg may do things different. Retailers tend to keep more inventory than an OEM, but they are geared more to take care of many customers.

Re: ithaca 88 PARTS

It's interesting to me, how a Thread Title can be changed 1. Without my permission and 2. with every reference to MOSSBERG 88 replaced witrh ITHACA 88? Is there even a Ithaca model 88?
Strange business, this!

Re: ithaca 88 PARTS

With all of the Ithaca references today (April 1), I kinda expected to see Barack Obama's name in the new member welcome section, as well. Take care. Tom Worthington.

mossberg maverick 88 bolt?

Hello I'm new to this from and to mossbergs. I just got a mossberg maverick 88 in when i disassemble it I saw the bolt looked rough on one side didnt know if this is normal or not and can I polish it like a glock to make it smoother or just leave it alone.

mail

mail

Re: mossberg maverick 88 bolt?

other than the locking lug on the bolt, the rest of it is clearanced. The bolt rides in a carrier that the action bars lock into.

Back