• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 715T Magazines and Mag Troubleshooting

Re: Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Magazines

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
That'll do it! :lol:
I told the wife that it made no sense to pay 150 bucks for a mag off of e-bay,when a whole other 715 could be had for not much more. :)

Still nothing from Mossberg on my late December mag order.

Makes PERFECT sense to me! :D

Have you called anyone at Mossberg to check your order status?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Makes PERFECT sense to me! :D

Have you called anyone at Mossberg to check your order status?
Yes,service rep told me on the 7th of Jan. that my order should go out by the 21st.,but I've not heard anything.I may try to call again next week.I got lucky last time and was only on hold for 5min.

I just made a quick loop for the mag that works without getting in the way of the thumb tabs down the middle of the mag like the magpull ranger bands would. I took it apart to ensure of placement that wouldn't interfere with any operation of the mag. I then drilled a hole just big enough to feed a strand of gutted 550 cord through then I tied it into a knot and repeated on the other side of the mag. I'm hoping I can get a couple more mags before this ban goes through, if it does. I'll try to add a pic, but I'm on my phone, and it doesn't like that.... Yeah, it wouldn't let me, sorry, but I'll try again later. It keeps telling me it's invalid... Whatever that means...

quick heads up guys...just got off the phone with mossberg. i placed an order for 3 mags on 12/30. they had it in the system (phew!) and the rep told me it should be shipping out in about 2 weeks :cool:

patrickbateman said:
quick heads up guys...just got off the phone with mossberg. i placed an order for 3 mags on 12/30. they had it in the system (phew!) and the rep told me it should be shipping out in about 2 weeks :cool:
Thanks for the update.That still gives us hope!

Guys,
I just went into a local sporting goods store shopping for a revolver for my wife. I jokingly asked if they had any 25rd 715 mags. He walked in the backroom and came out with my limit of 2!! $29.00 a piece! I asked how many he had and he said come back tomorrow and get your limit!!

I'll be there when the doors open!!

I had the same problem piper but after a few bouts got 25 in the mag. Its now fully loaded sitting in my gun safe. Going to give it time to loosen up just a little.

Placed my order for 3 mags on Monday January 21st. The lady on the phone said 6-8 weeks. She gave me an order number and I got email confirmation that my card had been charged. Checked it again this morning and the charge is gone. I will call Monday to make sure order is still in the system. I figure it was more of an authorization initially and the charge will come when they ship. I hope :???:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This thread has become quite entertaining,even though I'm right in the middle of it.Pretty cool seeing who's ordering,who's waiting,and who's doing cartwheels,ect,ect.

Hopefully I'm adding this post correctly & in the right place. New to the forum today. I have had a Moss 500 pump pistol grip for a cpl years an have had a great time shooting it. After 2 years I finally had the nerves to field strip it and clean it, it was well needed and frankly pretty easy.

Cpl weeks back picked up my 1st 9mm (Ruger) as takin the shotgun to the range for target shooting alone can do some work on your shoulder... Tuesday went to Gander Mtn and purchased a 715t tactical. With the shortage there wasn't a big selection and I was real happy with my 500 so despite all the reviews I read I picked it up.

I was having some buyers remorse worrying I'd hate the gun after getting it home and working with it. I decided to crack the owners manual open and it said to clean the gun 1st. The owners manual isn't for a newbie to .22's and wasn't really for the 715t. I searched online and there wasn't any videos (that I found on the flat top.) so I decided to give it my best, 1 1/2 hours into it I bent the recoil spring terribly. So I let it be for the night extremely frustrated. On top I was worried about the magazine troubles, fte's & ftf's.
With no ammo on hand I couldn't do much with the mag. Had to wait to call Mossberg about the recoil spring.

I was lucky and found some CCI High Velocity bricks the following day, Mossberg service agreed to send a free spring in 2 weeks, fish out of water with a new .22, ammo and a range near by. After all the complaints about the mag I wanted to see for myself so I broke the speed loader out and 1st try was able to load 24 of 25 rounds. Probably could have had 25 if I wanted to risk breaking the loader. I was gonna leave the rounds in the mag while waiting for the spring but decided to try and fix the spring, viola perfect success. So within 24hrs had a new 715t flat top, a bent recoil spring, fixed recoil spring, a new spring on the way, a clean gun, ammo and a mag that defied most reviews.

Packed up my gear and headed to the range, ammo had now been in the mag for 36 hours roughly. I loaded the mag into the gun, pulled the bolt back and the rest is history. No jams, no mis feeds, no stovepipes...worked like a gem. Went through 500 rounds in 1 day for $29.00 and some tlc.

This little gun rocks!

Welcome aboard Sir and congrats on the new rifle!

Good to see she's runnin well for ya and your mag isn't givin you any issues. Be sure to post some pics when you get a chance...

Thanks for the welcome. I was able to score 2 bricks of CCI at Dick's by luck, 2 box maximum. They get their shipments on Fridays, Walmart near me is a joke, the guy that works in ammo said someone bought Walmart's entire ammo warehouse, ha ha. I'll check back soon guy.

Back