• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Factory stock part numbers

Hi guys, just wondering if there is ant place to look up stock part numbers ?

Not sure if this is the right place to post, if not feel free to move it thanks

Re: Factory stock part numbers

Welcome aboard!

Not sure of any parts catalog for reference, but we have a couple folks at Mossberg that may be able to help you out...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Ms. Norma Martinez
martinezn@mossberg.com

Let them know what you're looking for and they should be able to provide any information you need...

Sweet thx Lazy Eye.

Looking for the stock picatinny rail and wondering if we can get some of the parts from the JM model.

Since I live in Toronto Canada we don't have to many options factory Mossberg parts.

No problem,

Here are the receiver rail part numbers if you're looking for black...

95207 - Blue Finish
95208 - Matte Blue Finish

I'd get in touch with Joe or Ms. Norma for info on the JM parts. I know Joe has worked with at least one other member of ours from Canada and had parts sent through one of their distributors up there. Good luck and keep us posted...

Re: Affordable solution to mounting a forward grip?

If you are looking for the rock bottom cheapest way get a forearm strap for a 590..$5.00 or so from Mossberg..It is black with nice Mossberg lettering and you can make it fit your grip..

mb1911 said:
As promised, pictures of my foregrip, along with a story about the making of.

With the help from my internet Mossy buddies, I ordered a Magpul rail and an UTG five-position foregrip. The rail is longer than is necessary for the foregrip in case I feel like installing the angled foregrip in the future. I also got Magpul rail covers just in case.

About a week later, a box showed up at my doorsteps. Ohboyohboyohboy! But first I had to take a girl out to dinner...

Later that night, I started working on my gun (my 930 SPX, I mean). First, I had to make a flat landing strip for the rail. I took off the forend, put on my mask, my goggles, and even ear muffs. I worked in a closet so it would be easier to clean the plastic bits. Every guy's favorite tool, the Dremel, was what I started with. Soon I discovered that it was hard for me to get a flat surface, though the sander attachment took away the plastic very fast, melting some from the heat of friction. So after I took off enough, I wrapped sandpaper around the rail and started to even out the landing strip. Much, much elbow grease later, I got something flat enough.

Next, I had to drill two holes. I clamped down the forend in a vise in the makeshift workshop that is my kitchen -- after relocating out of the closet. I measured the centerline carefully, marked the locations of the holes, punched indentations, and carefully applied my drill. Success!!! I ended up using a bit that is slightly thinner (in cross section) than the holes on the rail, but the screws seemed quite happy with the result. I dabbed some Loctite on the end of the screws, and installed the rail! Yay! The hardest part was over, and I was proud of myself.

Then I installed te UTG foregrip. This thing has five different possible positions! When I'm bored I can just go "one two three four five"! After I put it on... rattle rattle rattle rattle. Oh, no! The thing isn't tight! I looked online, and people on Amazon talk about how to put in shims, or cutting the attaching clampy part of the grip so as to allow a better fit. I was getting discouraged. Did I buy the wrong thing? I wasn't about to make the suggested modification, since I have no access to the required machinery. So I played with it and played with it and played with it... until I discovered that a tight lock is possible if you put the foregrip in the right position on the rail. Voilà!

Wish I'd known about this before you went to work with a Dremel, etc. I'd have recommended a inexpensive block plane from Lowes or Home Depot. They will shave plastic as well as wood, and you end up with a smooth flat surface in a few minutes.

One like this is $15.

820909630470lg.jpg

http://www.lowes.com/pd_118007-16878-63 ... facetInfo=

*drops jaw*

Didn't realize planes work on plastic, too. Well, what's done is done.

mb1911 said:
*drops jaw*

Didn't realize planes work on plastic, too. Well, what's done is done.

Yep. I've also used them to shave rawhide thinner. Sorry I didn't catch you soon enough to save you some time and trouble. Maybe it will help someone else in the future. :)

Re: 930 Tactical Mods

Got an ITAC Red Dot from Amazon and took it to the AR G&F range Friday. Since it has a smooth bore they made me shoot on the pistol range. (50 yds max.) Windage was great from the start and a quick elevation adjustment brought it dead nuts on at 50 yds. My groups there averaged 3 shots into less than 2 inches, so I couldn't be happier. Will play with it shooting buckshot soon - this is fun! :D

Edit: Forgot to say I was shooting 2.75" "no-name" factory Forster slugs and some Remington slugs.

thughes said:
I got a short section of rail and the Magpul AFG for < $50. Drilled 2 quick holes in the forearm and mounted it up....15 minutes work.

8918557404_f2fe529091.jpg

I did exactly the same thing to my Maverick 88. Works great!

MaverickForen_zps655855f8.jpg

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Limbsaver

bossharp said:
The Choate Mark 5 PG stock has a large rectangular shaped pad that is unique... To use any pad you have to get either the 1/4" or the 1/2" hard plastic 'spacer' from Choate. I went with 1/4" for a shorter LOP.The spacer is apox $8.00 direct from Choate... I think with a few simple mods to the Limbsaver pad I can make a great stock Perfect!

In an effort to tame recoil, do you think it's feasible to substitute a (properly shaped) spacer of energy absorbent material for the hard plastic Choate spacers?

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Limbsaver

Bossharp, what was the outcome of your quest to mount a grind-to-fit to the 930 PG?

noob question, is the door breacher on the 930 Tactical removable? I'm interested in this model but have no need for such a contraption

I think it is part of the barrel. To my knowledge it is not removeable

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

^ This.

The breacher tip is permanently fixed to the barrel on the "Tactical" models. Check out the 5-shot Home Security model #85320. It's essentially the same shotgun, but with a blued finish, a standard bead sight, and no heat shield. This is the same 18.5" set-up that comes in the Home Security/Field Combo model #85325...

Thanks for the answers. Is it possible to add a heatshield to the 'plain' 18.5'' barrel? The door breacher model is the only one I've seen with the shield, I can't tell from photos if its permanently fitted or if theyre like the heatshields for the 500/590

Benjammin said:
Thanks for the answers. Is it possible to add a heatshield to the 'plain' 18.5'' barrel? The door breacher model is the only one I've seen with the shield, I can't tell from photos if its permanently fitted or if theyre like the heatshields for the 500/590

The heat shields on the 930 Tactical models are spot welded to the barrel and sorry to say, but the ones made for the 500/590 models will not fit the 930...

Re: Light, switch and rigging suggestion for 930

I use My light Armytek Predator like a hand hold or like a mounted light. It depends on the situation.

Back