• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

LES and anyone else interested.

Here is my limited range report. I went to the range and found there were so many hunters sighting in their deer guns, I went to my parents in the countryside. I did not want to fire too many rounds as the neighbors don't like to hear it, so I decided to load the tube with the maximum amount of six and load three at a time after firing three. That, in my mind, used the full spring compression of the new spring and got shells into and out of the new extension tube.

All went well until the second shot of the second string. A failure to eject. It had me perplexed a bit until I put on my readers. Here is what I found. The rim of the shell failed, not the gun. I got my Swiss Tool out and extracted the shell with the pliers by the very failure point of the shell.

01aa4e36ff862d2adb4b5323aaabf802d681940e20_zpsad801621.jpg
01b6740cff4ebb9e41f86358406646de44295d9a05_zps54636dd6.jpg

I continued the abbreviated test without incident. I tried firing as fast as possible for three shells a couple of times without incident. I think the new tube will work well for a long time. I figured that if the gun would cycle the Federal bird shot well, anything stouter would be flawless.

01c843c62c8476ec4214f7cd218bbcd7bebeae5815_zps007f970c.jpg

Now to install the single point sling and Mesa shell holder. Report to follow.

I tried to put a mag tube of Winchester through mine yesterday.... It was like getting your kid to eat his spinach. I've had no issues with federal bulk or the Remington green target loads (400 trouble free of those) <- so that's what I'll stick with. The 590 eats the Winchester crap just fine... So that's where it'll go ;)

Hello everyone. I haven't ben around for a while so I thought I would pop in and say hello with a pic.
Some of you may remember that I received a 930 as a Christmas gift last year. Well I finally got it out of the house, to the range and then to the woods. Range time went great, she ran flawlessly and I must say that this has got to be the most accurate slug gun I have ever owned.

Deer season is now here in Iowa and while I didn't tag a deer I did get to take a pic of my 930 in the woods.

JB

I don't see too many 930s in my neck of the woods but here's mine... I love the breacher barrel... And with the plus two mag ext. it's a show stopper here's some before, after and side by side.
3emudaru.jpg
rehu8u2y.jpg
za3a8yqe.jpg

My Zombie gun :D

Mossberg 930SPX
Sightmark Ultra Shot Z-Series Reflex Sight
AC Tact Single Point Sling Mount
Choate Combat Bolt Handle
Orion H20 Green Flashlight
Tacstar Side Saddle
Magpul Foregrip
Aimpro Tri Rail
Green Laser

ehupp01.jpg

Last edited:
I have an EoTech 512 on my 930, love it! Holds zero forever, and at 15 yards I can hit a 2" dia. disc consistently.

ehupp01 said:
My Zombie gun :D

Mossberg 930SPX
Sightmark Ultra Shot Z-Series Reflex Sight
AC Tact Single Point Sling Mount
Choate Combat Bolt Handle
Orion H20 Green Flashlight
Tacstar Side Saddle
Magpul Foregrip
Aimpro Tri Rail
Green Laser

At what distance did you zero your laser and reflex sight?

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 2 MB of RAM

Re: My Mossberg 930 SPX

BenSamp said:
Rossignol said:
Hey Ben, what do you think of the Barska sight?
IMHO it is JUNK, the recoil of my 930 beat it to death. The glass cracked but it still holds zero. It lasted a long time on my Pardner Protector pump, it is just on there for show until I make up my mind on what Eotech to buy and I hope it holds up to recoil better.

I bought a sightmark red dot for my 930, 2 shots later the piece of you know what d.o.a. Went back to the name I can trust Eotech...

Damn, that sucks.

I've run a SightMark Mini Shot on my 930 and 590 for the last few years and it's held up like a champ...

Back