• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: Q about installing stock spacers

I had a few minutes to play with mine this morning, with better light. Turns out that I'd removed plenty at the top of the Limbsaver spacer. What was limiting me moving it up that last little bit was on the tapered sides of the spacer, about 1" from the top.

I trimmed that, so the spacer could move up a little bit more, and it's good to go. :D

There was just enough play (barely) in the top screw's slot to make it work.

Duane

Duane, did you find that before you corrected the position of the recoil pad, you were shooting a little low?

I shot some slugs at the range, and somehow I was sometimes shooting a little low and to the right. The right part I know -- I was "dragging wood," because I couldn't find a comfortable position for my hand yet. The vertical component puzzled me. I tried to adjust the elevation, but I tended to get the same problem. I am wondering whether because the recoil pad is too low with respect to the shotgun, the shotgun is sitting too high on my shoulder. Not sure why that should make the shot lower rather than higher, though...

mb1911 said:
Duane, did you find that before you corrected the position of the recoil pad, you were shooting a little low?.

No, I haven't experienced any differences in point of impact, even when I changed from the Choate Pistol Grip stock.

However, it is a lot more pleasant to shoot high brass now... :)

Hmmm.... maybe that was a dumb decision on my part. Low brass bird shot is considerably cheaper. :lol:

Duane

Duane I sent a e;mail to Limbsaver and got a reply from Corey Paulsen the next day..He said I needed the 10547 medium slip on and today I ordered it direct from them. Fred Choate said I needed the 1/4" or the 1/2" spacer pad to use with the slip on,I went with the 1/4". Corey's add. is CoreyP@limbsaver.com I'm sure if you dropped him a line he will get you set up.If your a veteran be sure to tell him.He's on vacation till next week.A little tip for instaltion is to roll/turn the edges inside out then place on the butt end of the stock and unroll on to it..I will try and figure out a way to store a few chokes IN the Mark 5 somehow so that are always with the gun..

Ok so I am sure this has been asked but I am going to go out on a limb and ask anyway. What are my options for synthetic conventional stocks and forends for my 930. I have the standard 930 All purpose model with the walnut stock. I am not looking for pistol grips but am just looking for a black synthetic stock and forend. Any suggestions? Is going to Mossberg direct my only option? They don't even list the 930 on the store page.

ram229 said:
Ok so I am sure this has been asked but I am going to go out on a limb and ask anyway. What are my options for synthetic conventional stocks and forends for my 930. I have the standard 930 All purpose model with the walnut stock. I am not looking for pistol grips but am just looking for a black synthetic stock and forend. Any suggestions? Is going to Mossberg direct my only option? They don't even list the 930 on the store page.

ram229,

As far as I know, the only option that we have for synthetic conventional stocks and fore ends are the ones made by Mossberg.

You may need to call Mossberg to find about availability. However, you can find them elsewhere. I found my conventional stock on Gunbroker.

There's a stock available there now...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =348608323

This guy MAY also have the fore end. It wouldn't hurt to ask him.

Duane

Alright, I finally got around to adjusting the position of my Limbsaver after adding spacers. I had to grind down just a little of the "inner piece" of the Limbsaver (the piece that screws on to the stock first). For those of you who try this, don't just do the top, but also pay attention to the side. Because of the shape of the piece, it gets "stuck" on the side, not on the top.

I also had to lower one screw hole on the piece, and it turns out that Dremel sanding attachment #438 was just the right size. All you have to do is put it in there and let it do its work a little -- just a little, because you need very little extra space. Now my Limbsaver is finally flush against my stock!!!

aix8.jpg

mb1911 said:
Duane, did you find that before you corrected the position of the recoil pad, you were shooting a little low?

I shot some slugs at the range, and somehow I was sometimes shooting a little low and to the right. The right part I know -- I was "dragging wood," because I couldn't find a comfortable position for my hand yet. The vertical component puzzled me. I tried to adjust the elevation, but I tended to get the same problem. I am wondering whether because the recoil pad is too low with respect to the shotgun, the shotgun is sitting too high on my shoulder. Not sure why that should make the shot lower rather than higher, though...

sorry i didn't see this before.
shooting high or low could also be you have changed the pitch of the stock.

I tried the medium slip on and at first I thought it was a perfect fit..But after a week and 25 rounds because of the taper of the slipon (Choate is square) it creeped back a fraction and sat a little crooked..So the medium slipon is not a perfect fit with the Choate PG stock..On my sons gun it IS perfect..When I get the perfect fit Limbsaver on the Choate I will post the model number..Q

Stock retaining nut thread pitch?

Anyone know the thread pitch of the stock retaining nut? I'm going to shorten my stock down some and instead of grinding the nut I want to possibly just buy a new one that is already cut down.

Re: Looking for monte carlo stock

For those still looking for the elusive Monte Carlo stock:

I convinced a close friend into picking up a 930 SPX, once he shouldered mine, with the Monte Carlo stock, he had to have it, and the search began.

Get this, he calls Mossberg, tells them he needs a replacement stock for his 930 Slugster, and the Rep says "Part #17635?" "We have it in stock, it will ship out tomorrow"

I suggest that people try calling again!

And I will let everyone know if and when he gets it!

I convinced a close friend into picking up a 930 SPX, once he shouldered mine, with the Monte Carlo stock, he had to have it, and the search began.

Get this, he calls Mossberg, tells them he needs a replacement stock for his 930 Slugster, and the Rep says "Part #17635?" "We have it in stock, it will ship out tomorrow"

Re: Looking for monte carlo stock

NoQuota said:

Is that a wood or polymer stock?

I was going to shorten my standard stock on my 930 SPX but it looks like the tube is too shallow and doesn't have enough threads downward toward the receiver.

I can't get the stock tight without the full length of the spacer. So it is possible for me to buy a 5/8 x 32 die and cut threads into the tube until i can get it to tighten without the spacer?

Back