• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newtown Lawsuit Against Bushmaster Started

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I guess my biggest surprise at this is that it wasn't filed sooner. I don't believe it can go far due to laws the protect manufacturers from frivolous law suits.

Ten families touched by the Newtown massacre filed a wrongful death lawsuit Monday against companies that made, distributed and sold the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle that Adam Lanza used to kill 20 children and six staffers at Sandy Hook Elementary two years ago. The suit argues that the gun is a military assault weapon that never should have been on the general market.
"In business, measuring risk prior to producing, marketing, and selling a product or service is standard procedure," Bill Sherlach, whose wife was killed in the Dec. 14, 2012, rampage in the small Connecticut town, said in a statement. "For far too long the gun industry has been given legislative safe harbor from this standard business practice. These companies assume no responsibility for marketing and selling a product to the general population who are not trained to use it nor even understand the power of it."

The complaint, which was filed in superior court in Bridgeport, Connecticut, names Bushmaster, firearms distributor Camfour and gun shop Riverview Gun Sales. It was filed by the families of nine children and adults killed by Lanza and one surviving teacher.
Representatives of Bushmaster and Riverview did not immediately return calls. A representative for Camfour hung up on a reporter.

So yeah.... are car manufacturers sued for drunk driving incidents? Or is Budweiser?

This is purely symbolic, and only for publicity. They cannot sue the manufacturer in this case. That are protections in place to stop these things. They could only sue if the weapon malfunctioned due to manufacturing defects and injured someone. Even that would be a very hard case to win.

They would have to prove that the manufacturer KNEW that the guns would be sold to a disturbed person with a criminal record. The gun was technically stolen and used to kill the legal gun owner.

How long it lives in limbo is all that matters (IMHO) - how much political traction can be achieved by dragging the case out AGAIN.
Will it be enough to raise gun sales and CCW applications even further? To create another run on ammo...

They would have to prove that the manufacturer KNEW that the guns would be sold to a disturbed person with a criminal record. The gun was technically stolen and used to kill the legal gun owner.

How long it lives in limbo is all that matters (IMHO) - how much political traction can be achieved by dragging the case out AGAIN.
Will it be enough to raise gun sales and CCW applications even further? To create another run on ammo...

I'm fairly certain this case wont be given any gun owners any reason to go into panic mode unless it is actually brought to court and ruled in favor of the plaintiffs.

This is just liberal fluff. This LAW directly nips such BS frivolous lawsuits in the bud... Also see attached... And keep buying/making guns/ammo my brothers and sisters... :cool:

Attachments

• BILLS-109s397enr.pdf
    148.5 KB · Views: 1
So yeah.... are car manufacturers sued for drunk driving incidents? Or is Budweiser?

Exactly....while we're at it, let's all sue the auto makers and alcohol makers for their involvement in car crashes due to drunk driving. Those people obviously didn't know, for marketing and selling a product to the general population who are not trained to use it nor even understand the power of it.

Last edited:
Nobody died in Newtown in 2012...according to the FBI. So how can they sue for something that didn't happen?

Something else that didn't happen...the kid didn't use a Bushmaster. But, of course, nothing happened that day.

I'm fairly certain this case wont be given any gun owners any reason to go into panic mode unless it is actually brought to court and ruled in favor of the plaintiffs.

Let's hope not. Ammo is just now starting to stay on the shelves again. Let's keep it that way. I think the Republican controlled Congress will keep the runs on guns and ammo from going crazy again. Maybe localized panics, but not a national one. At least not until 2016. We'll have to wait and see what happens then. I know I plan to have my stocks of ammo up by then. Just replenished what I shot from my stocks when I couldn't get more.

Let's hope not. Ammo is just now starting to stay on the shelves again. Let's keep it that way. I think the Republican controlled Congress will keep the runs on guns and ammo from going crazy again. Maybe localized panics, but not a national one. At least not until 2016. We'll have to wait and see what happens then. I know I plan to have my stocks of ammo up by then. Just replenished what I shot from my stocks when I couldn't get more.
Keep your powder dry.

I didn't like the assertion that they tried to make saying that the Bushmaster AR15 (AR15 in general) was designed for military use. We all know that they're not.

This is why words have specific meanings. An M16 and an AR15 are called different things, well, for no other reason than they ARE different.

While both may sometimes look similar, that is where the similarities end. No real military that I know of use semi auto AR15's as their main service rifle. And why would they?

Cabbage and lettuce always confuse me of which is which when I'm grocery shopping and they look similar but they are different things too.

A motorcycle and a dump truck are both vehicles, but even they too are different. That's why they have certain names. To distinguish them apart.

A heat gun and a hair dryer also look similar, but are different things altogether.

Not suited for hunting?

C'mon. How stupid are these lawyers?

How much longer do you need me to go on?

Critical Thinking.

Use it.

Just 10? I would think there would be more than that...lol

Here is a link to the lawsuit that was filed. I didn't read it all but did read some sections through. They spend pages trying to convince the world that an AR-15 is a military weapon with almost magical powers. Below is a sample. They seem to forget that when the government buys M4's they call them "personal defense weapon". I still don't see it going anywhere but some d-bag lawyer will pay for his mansion from it.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1380622-sandy-hook.html

upload_2014-12-16_22-3-0.png

Lol show me the select fire switch. Oh wait ATF gave the ok for civilian sales because it's within the NFA and GCA guidelines. GFY. Lying commie bastards.

Back