• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Paracord

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
I am looking for a good source to purchase some paracord. Anyone have any suggestions?

probably not what you were asking for..but these guys make stuff out of para cord...
i bought the bracelet ...i like it.

if this is not sposta be here just delete it and let me know i was bad.

http://www.survivalstraps.com/

ripjack13 said:
probably not what you were asking for..but these guys make stuff out of para cord...
i bought the bracelet ...i like it.

if this is not sposta be here just delete it and let me know i was bad.

http://www.survivalstraps.com/
Thanks for sharing, they make some neat products on there!

i'm trying to talk the wife into letting me buy the dog collar for our dog....she says its too big...wtf its a pibull!

I don't know if I've mentioned it on here before or not, but I am allergic to most metals. It's a minor allergy, but due to this I have to be really selective about the watches I buy. This really sucks because I love a good looking watch. I have a few of them, but none I can really wear for long periods of time. A few years ago I bought myself a Dakota ION because it had a nylon band with a piece of nylon that separated the metal battery plate from my wrist. It's nothing fancy, just a basic analog watch with date, luminescent hands and markers, tachymeter and outer dial that spins to use as a stopwatch.

56174_a.jpg

Well, if any of you have ever owned a watch with a nylon or leather band you know they can acquire a certain funk after a while. Sure you can wash them, but this one started falling apart after a few years so I was looking for a replacement band. Dakota didn't have the factory replacement and I couldn't find one that had the same feature as far as separating the back from my skin. I'd remembered seeing something on a forum (now that I think of it, I think it was a post about Mud's son making paracord bracelets) that inspired me to make my own watch band. After a little Googling I found this Instructable on making your own watch band/bracelet with 550 paracord that just happened to do what I need it to. Here is the finished product along with a matching bracelet for the other wrist.

20120807_001509.jpg

*Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. I'll get some better pics up later.

Of course the wife saw this "awesome" Cotton Candy design paracord.com sells and I had to order her 50 ft of it along with the black and ended up making her a bracelet as well. I didn't get a picture of her's, but it looks just like mine only with this paracord.

cottoncandy600x400_thumbnail.jpg

I used the 5/8" contoured side buckles that paracord.com sells for this project as well. They're plastic so no worry with the metal allergy and as long as the bracelet doesn't fit to tight, it doesn't bother you. I did make one to tight the first go around and had to start over because the buckles would pinch your skin. After wearing both the watch and bracelet for almost a week now I'm pretty happy with the quality. Plus, now I have 8+ feet of 550 paracord on each wrist, just in case.

LOVE IT!

For the last 2 years I have had a $20 Casio "Forester" Really WAS a good watch to wear shooting and anything else where I did not want to wear any of my expensive watches.
Took it off one day about a month ago (at home) and have not been able to find it. :shock: :oops:

Saw this post this morning and headed out to get another, just so I can make me a paracord band for it!

Just be sure to check that the lug tabs have at least 5/8" between them to accommodate the 5 strands of paracord. I sourced all my parts from Paracord.com, but I'm sure if you look around you may be able to find it cheaper. All of their paracord is made in the US though, so I don't mind paying a buck or two more for something made here.

I'm not sure if this is in the right section so Mods please move if it is not. Thanks

Here's the deal. My son has been asking me for a new rifle. I told him once he earns some money we can start looking for one. So he started making these 550 Paracord Bracelets and along with his allowance he's hoping to have enough money by next Spring to buy a new rifle.

I'm sure ya'll have seen these, they are nothing new to anyone I'm sure. Right now he has a few different colors and more on the way.

The colors he has in stock are: Blaze Orange, Black, Green Camo, Tan, Fuchsia, Red, Purple, Midnight Blue, Yellow, Black If you would like any other colors just let me know.

He needs to know what size you need. Measure your wrist and let us know.

He needs to know what color you want on the inside and outside or if you just want only one color.

They come with out without the plastic clasp so please let us know which one you would like.

These can be for any reason such as Football team colors, College Colors, Hunting colors.

The price is $4.25 shipped to your house. If you buy 3 he'll throw in a free one of your choice.

Please pay with Paypal. That way it's safe for both parties. PM me for the Paypal address.

Resized-4.jpg

Resized-1.jpg

Resized.jpg

Looks like some real nice work...at that price they should move fast !!

I give you a proud thumb up for you getting your son to raise some money to help with the purchase of his rifle.

He will appreciate it later in life and will respect his property more. There is also a good chance he will respect others property, because he will know the hard work it takes to achieve what a person has.

When I was a kid many moons ago, I lived on a busy street. During rush hour a lot of the cars in the right lane would lose a hub cap or 2 after hitting this one chuck hole. I would sit on my front porch and wait to see if anybody would return to claim them. If not, I would pick them up and clean them. Heck, sometimes after a few weeks, I would have a whole set. Not sure if it was from the same car or not but it worked out for me.

On Saturday and Sunday mornings, I would set them all out on the front lawn with a sign, “Hub Caps for Sale”. If somebody challenged me on who owned it, I would let them have it. But usually the people would give me the $5.00 I was asking for it.

After the city repaired the chuck hole, I started cutting grass and raking leaves. That was harder work but I was able to raise the money for things that I wanted. Usually, my teenaged brother and sister would borrow it from me. However, they would give me an extra buck on top of what they owed me for the trouble.

When I turned 16 years old, I was able to pay cash for my first car. ;)

Yeah he doesn't mind making them. Along with the allowance for doing chores around the house he's done pretty good so far. With the ammo shortage he's trying to figure out what he wants. He's narrowed it down to a .22 mag I believe. The problem is we are searching for the non existent ammo. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Back