• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Time Targets, what do you use?

only 50 yards, had one at 100 and one at 50 for a while but drug one in to dial in another ar on paper.....makes the ammo go a lot further shooting through the barrier because it forces you to slow down because you have to find your target so much after every reset .
Still developing motor skills for the AR....where all the holes and buttons are, starting to come around , really love the rifle it feels great and efficient. I can see the value in a rig of some sort instead of fishing mags out of my cargo pockets

With no ammo to replace my stock pile... I've been doing a lot of dry runs in my garage, mag change overs and transistions from rifle/shotgun to pistol. A chest rig, especially if you're doing practical exercises, is a valuable tool. I've used Condor MOLLE products with good success, my current vest is just a standard Army LBE vest like this one HERE

have you posted the rig, I like . I was actually thinking battle belt but procrastinating and don't want to not use it or break the bank......well I guess I would use it because I am doing the drills lol

oli700 said:
have you posted the rig, I like . I was actually thinking battle belt but procrastinating and don't want to not use it or break the bank......well I guess I would use it because I am doing the drills lol

I have not, but I certainly can whe I get home. I also like the idea of a battle belt, especially if you don't need 10 mags strapped to you :D

4-6 mags is a ton of fighting/shooting.....If I live through 4 mags then I will feel lucky, seeking cover is my first priority....we also tried some shooting while running, no way, jogging a little better, slow controlled speedy walk is doable .....I would almost just rather haul ass to cove then shoot lol

I'd love to see your set up as soon as you get some time

oli700 said:
we also tried some shooting while running, no way, jogging a little better, slow controlled speedy walk is doable .....I would almost just rather haul ass to cove then shoot lol

So what you're saying is that you won't be signing up for Magpul's Helicopter Insertion course when it comes around ;)

dude, I am afraid of heights and have been around a couple too many helo crashes on the job, we had a legendary tanker base manager when I was coming through the ranks , he would explain how helicopters are designed to crash not fly, just before you would get on one......I have to get brave every time I have to get in one lol....after a while up I'm cool.......depends on the pilots "style" too ....never get sick just think I'm going to die lol......if it were repelling you would probably have to push me

I liked rapelling.

Though I never went out a perfectly good vehicle to do it so no fast roping for me.

Just off the side of a sheer cliff and down the mountain.

But back on topic, I have been seriously considering getting a left hand holster so I could transition to my sidearm better/faster going from the long gun.

John A. said:
But back on topic, I have been seriously considering getting a left hand holster so I could transition to my sidearm better/faster going from the long gun.

:geek: We're actually talking about targets in this thread... not holsters :D

Thank you pardner, trying to have fun , I underestimated the difficulty of doing it fast and accurate but I bet this makes me better

aksavanaman said:
With no ammo to replace my stock pile... I've been doing a lot of dry runs in my garage, mag change overs and transistions from rifle/shotgun to pistol. A chest rig, especially if you're doing practical exercises, is a valuable tool. I've used Condor MOLLE products with good success, my current vest is just a standard Army LBE vest like this one HERE
This..........

The memory muscle skills by doing just that are invaluable. When the poop really hits the fan the last thing you want to do is be fumbling fingers trying to operate your gear.

Simple is also good. Battle belts are a great accessory to have in the bug out bag equipment. Having a light and handy belt or chest rig makes range time much more enjoyable than fishing mags out of your cargo pockets.

I usually shoot these 12"x12" Birchwood Casey "Dirty Bird" splatter targets on the rifle range...

The grid is great for fine tuning scopes at long range and once dialed in if you run out of red, just pick a square as a new aim point. These 3" bullseye targets are great for the pistol range...

With 16 points of aim, there's more time shoot'n and less time spend changing targets...

Was at BassPro today and saw a few new ones. This "Battleship" target is a great idea...

Whether you're plinking with .22lr or shooting big bore at long distance, it looks like a lot of fun for a little friendly competition at the range. They also had a "Chip Shot" design...

...and a dartboard...

It's good to see that somebody is making entertaining targets that are NOT zombie related for a change...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Was at BassPro today and saw a few new ones. This "Battleship" target is a great idea...

Whether you're plinking with .22lr or shooting big bore at long distance, it looks like a lot of fun for a little friendly competition at the range. They also had a "Chip Shot" design...

...and a dartboard...

It's good to see that somebody is making entertaining targets that are NOT zombie related for a change...

,,,,I like that dart board! :D

old mossy said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

...and a dartboard...

,,,,I like that dart board! :D

Yup, it's pretty cool.

They do a great job at giving you multiple points of aim on every sheet. Plenty of bang for your buck, so to speak... :p

Agreed.

I was burned out on zombie stuff a week after everything was marketed for shtf and zombie apocalypse.

I like the battleship target.

That looks like fun.

The battleship is my favorite too.

I've got a buddy on the local PD and I'm gonna challenge him to a 300yd game with our .308's. Should be a good time...

Okay, Battleship is freaking genius! Now if I only had a rifle that was accurate for the job haha
Still haven't gotten my 30-06 out to test the waters.

LES, I want to see some results of this! I am infatuated with your AICS 2.0 :D

Back