• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rifle/Shotgun Recommendations and Advice...

Re: When it comes to Guns?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Those that know me around here already know my weakness. I'm a HUGE sucker for stainless steel and wood grips...

You said a bunch, Who could say no to stainless and wood? Especially when it comes together in a 1911.

^ When I see a stainless 1911 with wood grips I get all gooey eyed, my heart flutters, and I get weak in the knees. I'm powerless against them. I'll tell you what though, a park'd or blued 1911 with a couple decades of holster wear is just as sexy to me...

300px-Minigun_2.JPG

Take care. Tom Worthington.

I like black semi auto guns that offer a lot of performance for the buck. I'm okay with Glock LEO turn ins and have a connection for that. My Kahr is 2-tone but it's CCW so who cares about color. Allpistols are now striker or DOA and I'll take a Sig if the price is right. I could not be happier with my Mossberg 930 and I just got started with an AR that was a great $600 smile. That said I have some wood as well if it's old, wood and works well I'm not inclined to spend money to change a classic. The gem is a 3rd generation passed on Browning Auto 5. It's pre 1939 according to the serial number a blessing to own and a gem to shoot. I have done very little (nothing I cannot reverse) to a Yugo SKS that I like a lot, cleaned and detailed with care- and the same goes for a basic WASR that I picked up for a great price. That probably paints a pic of what's laying (safely) around my place. Also - I shoot, I clean. Sometimes some sit a bit and they never sit dirty even if they are all black!

I'm going to try and break the Ruger habit by getting a Mossberg 464, hopefully in Marinecote. Yet if I happen to come across a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle or Rugers new 1911, before I find a suitable 464...it may not happen.

which one should i get?

so its time to get another shotgun i've narrowed it down to two. they are the MKA-1919 12ga. and the Saiga 12ga..

Saiga 12ga.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_biiE4USjFQ[/youtube]

MKA-1919 12ga.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4yO8pHvoA&feature=fvst[/youtube]

Re: which one should i get?

That's a tough call brother.

They're both comparably priced, that's if you can find a retailer that isn't price gouging on Saigas right now. I know the Saigas have been out long enough to be proven at this point, but I don't know a single person who's actually got to put their mitts on one of the 1919s yet. Assuming they both function equally well, it really all boils down to your choice of platform. Do you want a shotgun that looks like an AK, or one that looks like an AR?

Ooooooh! Exciting!

I'm diggin the 1919 A2 lookin thing with the Colt handguard!

I have shot the Saiga 12ga before in it kicks like a mule but the 1919 looks like two mags in your done for the day. Now that being said I would go with the Saiga 12ga because of all the add on you can get I'm sure the 1919 will have some soon but you would have to wait in see what comes out in if you like them. Thats my .02

which one should i get?

I think I might have to go with the saiga 12ga... They are bad assss and I don't think I've ever seen one.

Good points with regard to the aftermarket support for the Saiga.

which one should i get?

Yea I think the MKA is fairly new and the there's isn't much out there

Unless you really want to the different I would stick with the Saiga. As others have said there is a large support community and lots of aftermarket parts.

every time i think i narrowed it down to one i change my mind.....i hate this lol

Back