• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger Rifles

Ruger 10/22 Stock options

I know, I know... there's a million choices... but I'm curious what other 10/22 owners are dressing their's up with. I've handled 10/22's with hogue and boyds tacticool stocks and liked both. I think I'm trying to find something that would work well as both a part time bench and a once-in-a-while bunny hunter. If you've got pics, those would be appreciated :D

Re: Ruger 10/22 Stock options

I am not really a tacticool person so I'm happy with the stock that came with my s/s all weather model. i have looked at adding a Tapco but that's more for being able to adjust the LOP for the kids. They seem to do ok without it so I have put the $100 I'd spend on it into other gun related purchases. Do what works for you and let us know what you decide!

Itsricmo said:
EDIT EDIT: What is your $$$ limit?

Probably around $100. I can't decide lol :D Like I've said, I liked the hogue stock when I used it on a buddies. I used to have a Marlin XT bolt and a put a Boyds "tacticool" stock on it... also liked that, but a little too heavy to be carrying around ( I think between the scope and the stock that .22 weighed close to 10lbs :shock: )

I like the idea of having something that's fairly light with an adjustable stock. The Tapco one would be an option but I just don't like the way it looks... plus I'd want to be able to put my own stock on it. Rhineland Arms used to make a pretty nice looking aluminum stock, but sadly it's not in production anymore. I did call them about a month ago and they said they were developing another version, but weren't sure when it would be for sale.

Ruger Factory Mannlicher stock

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

Not sure, I haven’t seen them in stores. Some old timer saw mine when I was a kid, said “I have a stock for ya " , gave it to me. I bet they are available somewhere…Gunbroker ?

This is my old 10/22 that I'm setting up for my girlfriend.

Stock is a Boyd's Blaster

20120711_203656.jpg

It's not on a 10/22, but I've got a Trailblazer stock on my Remy 597...

They've got a ton of models for 10/22 and make a thumbhole version as well...

thanks, havent seen another yet

My best shooting buddy has one but his stock doesn't look as nice as yours. It has a greenish shade to it. He bought it because as you noted, he never saw one before.

Lookin' good Oli!

Wow, that is really neat, Oli!

I can say that the SS Evolution stocks are really sweet! It was on a 597 but it would hypothetically feel the same on a 10/22.

Re: Ruger 10/22 and Mini

SOOO many options!!! Thanks for all the great pics guys. We'll see if Rhineland Arms comes out with something...otherwise I'll most likely go with a Boyds or Hogue...sometimes you gotta stick with what you know :D

Re: Ruger

unique sights you have there, I have a full Mannicher stock that would look cool as hell on that rifle

Re: Ruger

Getting her ready for our first Appleseed, those are Tech Sights, supposed to be incredible for accuracy.

Always up for another stock option! (No pun intended) :D

Picked up this Boy Scouts of America Commemorative Edition 10/22 as a gift for my Pop a couple days ago. The detail in the etchings is amazing...

He's been involved with the Scouts for 60+ years both before and after his military service as an Eagle Scout, a troop leader and as a council member. This BSA edition definitely holds a lot of meaning for him and brought back many great memories...

Back