1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Ruger Rifles

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by Mossberg mark, Nov 11, 2010.

1. aksavanaman

aksavanaman Work In Progress... Supporter "Philanthropist"

Ruger 10/22 Stock options

I know, I know... there's a million choices... but I'm curious what other 10/22 owners are dressing their's up with. I've handled 10/22's with hogue and boyds tacticool stocks and liked both. I think I'm trying to find something that would work well as both a part time bench and a once-in-a-while bunny hunter. If you've got pics, those would be appreciated :D
  2. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

3. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Re: Ruger 10/22 Stock options

I am not really a tacticool person so I'm happy with the stock that came with my s/s all weather model. i have looked at adding a Tapco but that's more for being able to adjust the LOP for the kids. They seem to do ok without it so I have put the $100 I'd spend on it into other gun related purchases. Do what works for you and let us know what you decide!
  4. aksavanaman

Probably around $100. I can't decide lol :D Like I've said, I liked the hogue stock when I used it on a buddies. I used to have a Marlin XT bolt and a put a Boyds "tacticool" stock on it... also liked that, but a little too heavy to be carrying around ( I think between the scope and the stock that .22 weighed close to 10lbs :shock: )

I like the idea of having something that's fairly light with an adjustable stock. The Tapco one would be an option but I just don't like the way it looks... plus I'd want to be able to put my own stock on it. Rhineland Arms used to make a pretty nice looking aluminum stock, but sadly it's not in production anymore. I did call them about a month ago and they said they were developing another version, but weren't sure when it would be for sale.
  5. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

Ruger Factory Mannlicher stock

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

shes a beauty!
  7. oli700

thanks, havent seen another yet
  8. aksavanaman

Nice indeed... do they even make a factory one like this anymore?
  9. oli700

Not sure, I haven’t seen them in stores. Some old timer saw mine when I was a kid, said “I have a stock for ya " , gave it to me. I bet they are available somewhere…Gunbroker ?
  10. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

This is my old 10/22 that I'm setting up for my girlfriend.

Stock is a Boyd's Blaster

[​IMG]
  11. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

It's not on a 10/22, but I've got a Trailblazer stock on my Remy 597...

[​IMG]

They've got a ton of models for 10/22 and make a thumbhole version as well...
  12. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

My best shooting buddy has one but his stock doesn't look as nice as yours. It has a greenish shade to it. He bought it because as you noted, he never saw one before.

Lookin' good Oli!
  13. oli700

cool !
  14. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

Wow, that is really neat, Oli!

I can say that the SS Evolution stocks are really sweet! It was on a 597 but it would hypothetically feel the same on a 10/22.
  15. aksavanaman

Re: Ruger 10/22 and Mini

SOOO many options!!! Thanks for all the great pics guys. We'll see if Rhineland Arms comes out with something...otherwise I'll most likely go with a Boyds or Hogue...sometimes you gotta stick with what you know :D
  16. Thunder71

Thunder71 .22LR

17. oli700

Re: Ruger

unique sights you have there, I have a full Mannicher stock that would look cool as hell on that rifle
  18. Thunder71

Thunder71 .22LR

Re: Ruger

Getting her ready for our first Appleseed, those are Tech Sights, supposed to be incredible for accuracy.

Always up for another stock option! (No pun intended) :D
  19. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Picked up this Boy Scouts of America Commemorative Edition 10/22 as a gift for my Pop a couple days ago. The detail in the etchings is amazing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's been involved with the Scouts for 60+ years both before and after his military service as an Eagle Scout, a troop leader and as a council member. This BSA edition definitely holds a lot of meaning for him and brought back many great memories...
  20. oli700

wow, what a dandy !