• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SIG SAUER

I picked up this cool little blaster from the LGS today. Sig P290RS. It came with Siglite night sights, factory red laser module, 3-8 round mags, 1 - 6 round mag, holster and the box and docs for $599. Not bad considering new P290s go for $625 and up with 1 extra mag and night sights in all black.

Added a Hogue Handall Jr. to the P290 yesterday. Much better with very little added bulk. The boxiness of the grip needed a little help. The more I handle it, the more I like it, though. Very solid feeling little gun, not rattlely like alot of other micro guns out there. I have been reading alot of reviews before and after the purchase, and all were favorable for the most part, the exception being field stripping. I have not tried it yet, but it seems to be a pain.
More to come.

Good deal bro, glad to see you're liking it.

Had one on the XD40sc that covered up the gap between the bottom of the grip and the mag extension. Without it the gap would pinch the crap outta my hand every time I pulled the trigger. It did a great job at what I needed it for...

Sig 1911-22

Anybody else have one of these pistola's? Looking for some help on finding new sights. The factory plastic sights suck, and I haven't been able to find what I want on the web. I'd like metal sights front and rear, with elevation and windage adjustment on the rear.

They're dovetailed and secured with tiny set screws, which if you tighten enough to keep them from slipping it bends the sights upwards. Other than that I have no problems with the thing.

sigsights.jpg

Re: Sig 1911-22

^^ I did see those, but wasn't able to find any info specific to the sig 1911-22. I don't know if the dovetail on the .22 is the same as on a .45, and given the prices I'm not inclined to experiment. :shock:

It should be the same cut, but I understand the hesitancy.

If you want to take some measurements I'll compare them with the Novak cuts on my .45's...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
It should be the same cut, but I understand the hesitancy.

If you want to take some measurements I'll compare them with the Novak cuts on my .45's...

Thanks. I'll do that tomorrow. :)

Upgraded my SIG P250SC 9mm to this SIG P229 .40 S&W at the LGS today. It has dim night sights but came with 4 mags. All in all happy with my trade.

Been trading off some of my Poly guns that just sit around, so today I upgraded my P250F 9mm to this 1998 model P220. Made an even Sig for Sig trade so I am pretty happy. :)

Tcecil... you're a Sig fool my friend... lol... look at all those German handcannons you've been picking up the last few months! I'm partial to that 220 you just got... looks nice!

So many people under estimate the value of used guns (I wish I had more pawn shops here, cause I'd be using that more often) since most first time buyers put maybe a few hundred rounds through it and then it just sits... and you get to reap the benifit :D

Just gotta know better!

Sigs are the one thing here locally I never find a good deal on secondhand........... :(

95 percent of the time its priced near practically brand new retail so you might as well just get a new on and be done with it. Most of these places know Sigs are full of win and and price it as such.

I know, right? There is a Sig P6 9mm with a 8/80 production date at the LGS that he wants $550 for, no box, docs or spare mag. It is in really good shape, but not worth $550. I am trying to get it, just cause it would be neat to have a German police surplus auto that old in that good of shape.

Back