• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SIG SAUER

Nice find jgwills! I've never been able to shoot sigs well... have handled 229DAK's, 226's and owned a P250 for a while (<- GREAT value for your money right there!) all were fantastic build quality, and STOUT handguns. There's certainly something confidance inspiring with heavier steel framed pistols! Well, the 250 was polymer... but I had the long slide version which was big!

I think it's the trigger for me... but I still haven't found a "perfect" trigger on any pistol I've shot (1911's come close ;) )

Did anyone see the advertisement for the new SIG P320? It's like the P250 but with upgrades!
I want a P250 with Full Sized 40 and Comapct 9 kits... but I could hold out for the P320 this year... :)

EDIT: Cheesy Commercial but what the heck...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeQjYrgwz84&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

VitSports6 said:
Very cool! Congrats.
I'm liking the color.
On the RH holster, ever considered dual wielding?!? :lol:

Nope. No dual wielding for me. The od krylon on the frame isn't too bad I suppose. I'm more of a FDE kinda guy but it could grow on me. I was told that you can send these to SIG direct for refurbishment. Looking over their services looks like its worth sending it in for a tune up. It's less expensive than I was expecting honestly.

Sending in the slide for installation of night sights and slide refinishing will probably be what I wind up doing for sure. Will have to seriously consider leaving the frame alone or refinishing for FDE instead.

Itsricmo said:
Did anyone see the advertisement for the new SIG P320? It's like the P250 but with upgrades!
I want a P250 with Full Sized 40 and Comapct 9 kits... but I could hold out for the P320 this year... :)

EDIT: Cheesy Commercial but what the heck...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeQjYrgwz84&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Interesting. Everything I've seen about the P250 has said it's pretty "meh", with the main complaint being that the trigger group has a propensity to fall apart. I wonder if Sig ironed out the bugs finally?

I haven't read anything about the P250 falling apart... That would be very unfortunate :lol:
I have an urge to get one too...

VitSports6 said:
Never had any issues with any of my P250s, I actually shot my subcompact quite well too!

Lately, everything I see commenting on the P320 is negative stuff on the P250 series... I had watched and read numerous reviews of the P250 saying how good they are for a "Budget" Sig Striker... I am really confused on why all this negativity surfaces now. There are the Glock Fanboys and the SA Fanboys that say it will never amount to them.. etc...

Vita, would you spend the $400+ on a P250 again??

Itsricmo said:
VitSports6 said:
Never had any issues with any of my P250s, I actually shot my subcompact quite well too!

Lately, everything I see commenting on the P320 is negative stuff on the P250 series... I had watched and read numerous reviews of the P250 saying how good they are for a "Budget" Sig Striker... I am really confused on why all this negativity surfaces now. There are the Glock Fanboys and the SA Fanboys that say it will never amount to them.. etc...

Vita, would you spend the $400+ on a P250 again??

I would spend $400 on one, I just haven't seen any for less than $500 locally...
I don't understand all the hate either, I know there are plenty of Sig metal frame lovers that just don't like the poly frames, I'm not saying it's for everyone, I bought my first P250(2sum) shortly after they came out, it fit my hand well and I liked my other Sig, I really liked the modularity of them, I think Sig and other aftermarket MFGs may be dropping the ball on accessories for the FCU, but I guess it all goes back to people not really liking them.
I am curious as to how they made a striker fire FCU out of a hammered version, but if they are going to ask $700 for one I don't think it will be on my short list.

I am actually specifically looking at the 2SUM! Buds has the Fullsize 9mm for $400 shipped or the 2SUM for $639 shipped. Really it is the same price if you buy the Fullsize and then the Sub-compact kit. You might actually save some cash depending on where you look.

I think all the hate comes specifically from the guys that are lovers of the Metal Sigs and Plastic Glocks/XDs and are afraid of something new! It doesn't take a premium to purchase it, it probably works just as well as the two major competing brands and its pretty for being cheap. So the "bragging rights" of owning a Glock for some or an XD for others is thrown out the window. Look at the Caracal F and C series pistols... until they started going nuts and shooting on their own, they were 1/2 a Glock's price and were dubbed to better! But... shtf and they screwed up lol

2022 9mm

4e6aguja.jpg

:)

I used to have a SP2022 in 9mm. Solid as a rock. I paid $399 new at Academy when I purchased it. After 12,000 rounds, I sent it in to Sig for a rebuild and night sights. Two months and two thousand more rounds through it, I sold it for $400 at a local gun show with all of the service paperwork and round count listed. The gun never missed a beat. I sold it to finance the purchase of my M&P40 used at first as my pistol in 3 gun matches. The only downfall for the SP2022 was capacity and the DA / SA trigger setup (Hard to master for competition). I am looking to buy another in 40S&W as a truck gun for when I travel.

I have a SP2022 in.40 and while not a fanboy, I can't say enough nice things about it. It feels as if were made for my hands, nary a hiccup and is a whole lot more accurate than the shooter.
My friends have Rugers and Glocks both are nice,but wouldn't trade with them.
It is my EDC & CC with an IWB by Alien Gear.

Here's my 938 SAS

u7evugud.jpg

The meltdown makes it a nice pocket pistol. Occasionally I'll carry it on the belt with an extended nag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back