• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Handlebar Moustache!

Haha, I remember those days.

When my goatee was pushing eight inches I'd wake up with it stuck to the side of my face or however I slept on it. Some mornings I thought it had been trying to attack me in my sleep. Strightening it out in the morning was almost impossible without some sort of wax...

Ill be needing stache wax soon. What's good?

Lazy that reminds me of a movie or something... guys hair attacked him I think! :lol:

I have a hard time getting my moustache straightened out and i hate having to stop for gas or smokes and everything is thing is goin one direction like I'm standing in a huricane or at least a tropical depresion of some sort!

RipJack, I got Clubman at a local drug store. I dont honestly know what else there is. There are different kinds online, and I have heard something made with natural beeswax is best...

About a year and a half ago I kept a handlebar, but I eventually shaved it off.

Rossignol said:
The story of it is this;
I don't like short hair on my wife, she wanted me to grow a moustache. I had never before worn a moustache, just the goatee thing and side burns since I was 15. So the deal was she would keep her hair a little longish and I would grow out the moustache.

That's funny because I have the exact opposite story:
After a good 6+ months of beard growth, my long-haired wife tells me that she's tired of kissing hair. During the course of our discussion I tell her that I'll I'll shave off my beard if she cuts her hair short. Knowing that she LOVES her long hair I thought I was in the clear. 2 days later my assumptions were proven wrong. I came home from work only to see my wife with freshly cut hair and a smirk on her face. Knowing that I had to keep my end of the bargain, I pouted my way to the bathroom to say goodbye to an old friend.

Just before shaving, I decided to do it in stages. I was quite proud of the handlebar that could have been. I begged to keep it, but to no avail.

So do me a favor, Rossignol. Grow that moustache long for me.

Here's my shaving progression. (A sad day)
Emasculation.jpg

Hey look everyone, grizzly adams is a member here. Lol. I'm kidding. My wife told me she's going to cut it off when I'm sleeping if I keep growing it. Ha ha ha ...silly woman...noone can touch my face while I sleep. I have 2 brothers. We played the draw on you face with sharpie when you sleep game...they lost. I won...everytime. I'm untouchable. Lol.

IAS! Thats awesome and is where mine is headed now! Great pics, I cant believe she wouldnt let you keep the moustache!!!

RipJack, keep playin the game man...

Ripjack,

Clubman brand moustache wax always seemed to work great for me. You can find it just about where ever hair products are sold for about $6. That's what was holding my stache in shape in my pic above. Its a really small tube, but a little goes a long way. I used that tube every other day for 6 months and only used half of it.

The only downside to it is that it doesn't do too well once it gets wet (from rain for instance).

Hope that helps.

I agree. Thats among the finest moustaches I've ever seen...

I sadly agree. I'll give the wife some time to cool down and maybe I'll try for another one in a few months.

I finally shaved my beard down and found my inner moustache!

Very similar to yours IAS...

^ If i had a pic, it would be in there. ^ Uhh... I'll get one tomorrow.

I went ahead and took the pic with my cell, I couldnt wait!

This is several weeks ago during hunting season;
Me_n_Ivy_03Small.jpg

This is today! I'm smiling! :D and yeah, thats my shower curtain.
HB_3rd_try.jpg

Jenny looked at me all weird like, and asked what the heck I did to my moustache. I told her nothing, i just shaved everything else. She called me an idiot.

EDIT:
I too am using the Clubman. Its just about the only thing there is as far as I've seen.

oh man...those are great staches!!! mines not even close to being that good, but my stuff grows slow...

IAS,
Awesome! Absolutily awesopme. just no other word for it.

Rip,
Slow growth is not a bad thing. I was blessed with VERY fast growing facial hair and as a reward I got to shave twice a day for 4 years when I was in the Army. Slow is Good!

Ross,
"She called me an idiot." You always crack me up. That is a great pic. Let it grow and wax the guts out of it. Eventually she'll either like or live with it... or maybe trim it while you sleep, or "accidentally" set it on fire, or die it pink, or tie it to your shoe laces, or put ribbons in it or sew it to your ear or ...
No, Just keep saying, "She'll learn to love it, she'll learn to love it!"

What a thread. I love this web site!

Thanks EP!

See, we had a standing deal from long ago. She didnt keep her end and the moustache stays. I love her, and parenthetically I even like her, but I dont care what she says about my facial hair. :D

We have been together 17 years and married for 15. She likes her hair on the shorter side, I like my facial hair.

Alas... Jenny is my favorite person ever.

aAfpy.jpg

man..i wish i was "blessed with fast growing hair"....

Back