• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Walther

I found the P22 when I was looking for a training/practice gun for the wife. It turned out to be a great little pistol. Uhm, and I didn't pick the color...

The wife turned out to be a great shot too.

The wife was havin so much fun with hers, that I had to see what it was all about. But... there was no way I was gonna show up at the range with "pinky". So... I went out and picked up one of my own.

It's a fun little shooter and at $20 for a 550rd brick you can shoot all day. Recently got the Class III approval back from the ATF and got to bring my can home. It's a YHM 22 Mite. At 2.9oz I can't even feel the thing on the front of the pistol and it's low-profile enough that I can still use the iron sights. It significantly reduces the report even with standard ammo but with Remington or Aguila Subsonic all I hear it the clack of the action and the bullet impact. Lots of fun...

Whenever I get my pistol permit for NY a .22 like this is on the list to pick up...

IMO, you can't go wrong with the P22 or Sig Mosquito.

There's the Ruger 22/45 and Browning Buckmark which are undoubtedly more accurate target pistols but just not my bag. I prefer a training pistol/plinker that more closely replicates the mechanics and action of my other pistols.

SHOOTER13's Walther PPK/s...

Here's a nice Walther PPK/s in .380acp that was built in West Germany in 1972. I picked it up used from a friend who decided to move up to a Beretta Cougar 9mm for carry. Cost to me...$400. I added the Pachmayr grips and a new spring package.

The PPK/S was developed following the enactment of the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA68) in the United States. One of the provisions of GCA68 banned the importation of pistols and revolvers not meeting certain requirements of length, weight, and other "sporting" features into the U.S. The PPK failed the "Import Points" test of the GCA68 by a single point. Walther addressed this situation by combining the PP's frame with the PPK's barrel and slide to create a pistol that weighed slightly more than the PPK. The additional ounce or two of weight of the PPK/S compared to the PPK was sufficient to provide the extra needed import points.

WALTHER PPK/s

WALTHERPPKs.jpg

Re: SHOOTER13's Walther PPK/s

Nice SHOOTER!

That's one of the REAL PPK/s! Not that imitation stuff S&W is making now...

The wife allso has a P22 (sorry no pic). I even let her shoot it when she can get it out of my hand. :D

They are fun aren't they! Mine sat up for a while until I got the paperwork back on the can. Now I'm goin through at least 500 rounds in every range trip...

:twisted: That Walther P22 with the suppressor is awesome!

Im really curious because i have never heard a gun with a suppressor, does it actually make it that quiet or just knock off a few decibels?

^ With subsonic rounds all I can hear is the clack of the action and the bullet strike. This thing is "Hollywood" quiet! A .22 isn't that loud to begin with though. Doesn't have quite the same effect on a larger caliber.

So I didn't see the Walther thread before, so I posted this in smith & wesson.

Attachments

• rsz_11rsz_imag0096.jpg
    rsz_11rsz_imag0096.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 448
SNIPER: real nice "can"... :p How does it affect POA/POI ?!

GLG2: Awwww...cute !! you're such a GRL...I don't think my wife owns anything pink...Camo, Hell Yea !!

:mrgreen: ( just kiddin'...no offense )

SHOOTER13 said:

GLG2: Awwww...cute !! you're such a GRL...I don't think my wife owns anything pink...Camo, Hell Yea !!

:mrgreen: ( just kiddin'...no offense )

No offense taken ;) I totally understand that its a personal preference and not everyone agrees with or likes pink guns. and all of mine aren't pink, I promise. Lol. I like pink but I'm not obsessed. As far as I'm concerned, my pink gun shoots the same as any other. There's only one thing worse than gettin shot, and that's gettin shot with a pink gun ;) that's my motto. Lol.

SHOOTER13 said:

Thank you Sir, it sure is a lot of fun.

Its low-profile allows for the use of the gun sights over the top of the can, so aim is as normal and I haven't noticed a discernible difference in bullet strike with or without the can.

Back