• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's your beverage of choice?

LOL,,,I'm allowed one a night,,,,,I read that in the bama care book.

12/4/14

The bottle toppers are definitely collectibles...

I just looked at the Blantons web page...It has this to say...(I did not know this)

"The horse and jockey on the bottle stoppers are now a recognized trademark of Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon. The rich heritage and tradition of horses in Kentucky parallel that of bourbon. Beginning in 1999 a collector's edition set of eight different stoppers was produced. The set features a horse and jockey in different strides and poses resembling the stages of a horse race. Each stopper is marked with a single letter that spells Blanton's when the set has been completed."

https://www.blantonsbourbon.com/stopper#

Pretty cool. now I gotta get my collection up...:D

Mostly like a beer or two before dinner as an appetizer...

Favorites are...

DUBLIN,IRELAND

GUINNESSSTOUT.jpg

CHERRY HILL,NJ

FLYINGFISHextra_pale_ale.jpg

FLYINGFISHHOPFISHIPA.jpg

ADAMSTOWN,PA
STOUDTSAMERICAN.jpg

STOUDTSGOLD.jpg

...and I've toured all three of these breweries !!

=============================================

When I drink distilled spirits...it's either Irish whiskey or Mexican tequila...chilled !!

TULLAMORE DEW IRISH WHISKEY 12 YEAR OLD RESERVE

TULLAMOREDEW12.jpg

PATRON TEQUILA SILVER

PATRONTEQUILA.jpg

Both of the above are the smoothest in their class...
I like to add a little Irish cream creamer to my coffee then a shot of Dewars ~~MM~~

Couple more added to the bar this weekend...

Jura - Superstition

- Jura - Superstition.jpg

Another Hebrides island distillery, on the Isle of Jura. It's a decent bottle for sipping when you don't feel like popping the cork on one of your more expensive single malts.

The manager of my local liquor store stopped over as I was looking yesterday. He's a serious Scotch guy and suggested I try a bottle of Brenne...

- Brenne - French Single Malt Whiskey.jpg

While not a Scotch since it's made in France it's made in the process of traditional Scotch. Their malted barley is cool fermented in small batch and twice distilled in copper alembic stills. Then it's single barrel aged for about seven years in oak Cognac barrels. It has a very unique crème brulee flavor on the nose and finish. I normally wouldn't have tried it if not for the recommendation, but glad I did. Sipping on a glass as I type this...

The Dalmore is the only one of those that I have tried and I recall that it was pretty good.

...also picked up a harder to find bottle today, Lagavulin 16 year...

This is hands down my favorite peated Scotch. The peating is prominent, but light enough that it doesn't dominate the nose or taste. Extremely well balanced overall and lives up to their classic slogan...

"Time, say the islanders, TAKES OUT THE FIRE but LEAVES IN THE WARMTH.”

Back