• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

The Oscars consumed every guppy they could catch.
FB932518-6625-4DF2-A4FA-7FABA41345A4.jpeg
They have doubled and tripled in size, eating mainly live guppies and frozen bloodworms.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

This photo struck me as revealing. Sgt Meyer saved 36 men in combat. He ran into fire to pull wounded men back to safety. Who would make the better leader?
D2B5460D-D961-406C-995E-3B5A7D57B415.jpeg
Imagine being a cowardly smartass lying maggot, and having to pin a medal on a smaller man? A real man who was having the greatest day of his (public) life? Who was heroic to the core?

Imagine being in the world’s top job, and understanding that millions of people all know this. That you were placed in the whitehouse like a doll. That you earned it only by cowardice and crimes against man and human nature. Who all knew this bravest man among men, this shorter man, could break you apart without much physical effort.

It could drive a man to madness.

But it wouldn’t make him brave. Obama didn’t kill anyone. He was “protected.”

Last edited by a moderator:
So he’s mad because Obama is taller than Sgt. Meyer? Not exactly sure what crimes Obama committed as a lawyer before becoming the president, but I guess time will tell. Sgt. Meyer earned his medal 8 months after Obama was elected and the medal ceremony was 2 years after that, so I’m sure that if Obama had known that the Sgt. wanted to fight him for control of the country, he probably would have worked out more.lol As far as being a criminal and a coward, we are all inundated with that crap daily. Obama didn’t evade the draft. The last president to be “real” military, instead of a reservist or national guardsmen was Jimmy Carter. Neither of those guys said they also deserved the Medal of Honor because they didn’t get an STD at their private all male boarding school. So, again, What?..

Considering I need a smart phone to tell me what day it is, a grain of salt or two should accompany most of my postings. My annual physical was last week- fun stuff. Left me a little….distracted. Everyone take care of yourselves and have a great week.

Good ....evening, yes it is evening. Been raining here now for some 24 hours. It has not been much, maybe an inch or two, but we appreciate it. Fortunately we have a relatively nice week in store for us. At least we are warm, lol.

Y'all have a great evening.

I watched an interview show today, asking people about the first thing they would do if they were elected president.

They all replied with things that perhaps a king could do, but not one single thing that the law allows our president to do.

Ordinary people don’t have a clue about the world that we live in. I am not too surprised, considering how infrequently they get things right on the TV.

@Rodburner You don’t have to play dumb just for an excuse to hate on Trump. Time will tell if mysterious deaths follow the Obamas like they follow the Clintons around.

You guys, I want to apologize for bringing so much politics into the “good morning” thread. It was Really bad form on my part.

We have lots of other places to bicker. This isn’t intended as one of them.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

We are getting lots of rain here, but nothing like the 11” which has soaked LA. They are talking about $10 billion in damages from this season.

Our one-in-10 year storm became a one-in-100 year storm. Now they say one-in-1000 years. The biggest rain in ten centuries? That’s a lot of rain.

I am imagining tents of helpless people washed down to the sea.

Nothing like that is happening here. Our lawn is soggy yet the patios and boatyard are pretty dry. I did put down some sandbags to redirect the water off my roof.

10 years ago we did some major drainage work. It paid off. So far no damage here. There’s a huge snowpack on the Sierra, so water will be cheap next year. The anti-farmers here are not pleased.

I built hobo stove number 6, and burned up the rest of my junk wood last night making cocoa in the boatyard.

This pic is actually # 4 smoking up my old teapot.
9C5FDD42-0775-49E4-823C-5EDF455F1DBE.jpeg

Lots of heat but tends to flare up. #6 is much better behaved.

I need to score some more junk wood for stove #7. This is probably going to go on until the weather dries up. I need to get on with the welding before everything I stripped starts to rust.

You folks have a nice day and enjoy the weather if you can. It might be another 1000 years . . .

Good morning to all of yous. More nice weather here this week. HIghs in the high 50s to low 60s and a good bit of sunshine.

I often wonder how "they" know how much rain or snow we had 1000 years ago. Oh I know, computer models derived from human inputs by the folks telling us how things were 1000 years ago.

Anyways, you all have yourselves a great next 24 hours.

100 years ago they had a dam wash away from the mountain in socal. They say 600 people were washed away.

Nowadays that would just be the tip of the iceberg.

I am surprised to not hear more about this current storm on the news.

Good morning guys. Today is the first morning in a week it didn’t rain.

It’s just teasing me. I expect more this afternoon.

Fortunately it’s not the flooding rains they had in Socal. The Farmers are happy.

This will be the biggest year for AG in a decade. Guys who ripped out almond trees because of water cost are moaning now.

Check you later…after it rains most likely.

Guys it has really dried up here, and I got the boatyard swept out and straightened up yesterday.

I got some welding done today. Quite a bit actually, and I didn’t quit until I ran out of Argon.

DFFF8603-C362-46D5-B61C-C421B5CB8BAB.jpeg
9557DFD2-F361-4D50-A131-A61A419FE196.jpeg
C3079A2D-458F-492C-BB7E-086019481BD2.jpeg
42E263AB-C804-450D-B28C-60271C52ABB2.jpeg
688C9D4B-9D4F-4BAD-A5BE-31B7264C09E2.jpeg
Lots of mistakes here, but with a little cleanup it will be ok.

I got argon, filler rods, and some new gloves yesterday. This 300 amp bronze clamp and heavy 25’ cable replaces my crappy stamped clamp and short, thin ground cable. A good ground makes a big difference.

7B5CDA0C-A28E-4006-84F3-F78771D27B15.jpeg
Also, I got the rest of the crossmember welded up.
AC67107E-A32B-4963-9C0D-0F01A15C8BD6.jpeg

I had a couple issues with the electro-seam-welded tubing. The seam weld was not solid, and defects started appearing. This seam was the most obvious defect. I had to clamp it shut.
A8439E80-2C34-45A8-BB18-F7D3A7119047.jpeg

I ended up re-welding most of the seams on the 1” square tubing. The first trial:

F201EB26-FA47-4DD7-91DD-347B76E9D6BA.jpeg
First fit-up to the tunnel. It’s not welded on yet. Just hanging on with vicegrips.
191D8652-43A7-4217-BAF0-A51CBFD229A3.jpeg

Thought for the Day

They call us "The Elderly"..

We were born in the 40-50-60s.
We grew up in the 50-60-70's.
We studied in the 60-70-80's.
We were dating in the 70-80-90's.
We got married and discovered the world in the 70-80-90's.
We venture into the 80-90s.
We stabilize in the 2000s.
We got wiser in the 2010s.
And we are going firmly through and beyond 2020.
Turns out we've lived through EIGHT different decades...
TWO different centuries...
TWO different millennia...
We have gone from the telephone with an operator for longdistance calls to video calls to anywhere in the world.
We have gone from slides to YouTube, from vinyl records to online music, from handwritten letters to email and Whats App.
From live matches on the radio, to black and white TV, colour TV and then to 3D HD TV.
We went to the Video store and now we watch Netflix.
We got to know the first computers, punch cards, floppy disks and now we have gigabytes and megabytes on our smartphones.
We wore shorts throughout our childhood and then long trousers, Oxfords, flares, shell suits & blue jeans.
We dodged infantile paralysis, meningitis, polio, tuberculosis, swine flu and now COVID-19.
We rode skates, tricycles, bicycles, mopeds, petrol or diesel cars and now we drive hybrids or electric.
Yes, we've been through a lot but what a great life we've had!
They could describe us as "exennials," people who were born in that world of the fifties, who had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood.
We've kind of "Seen-It-All"!
Our generation has literally lived through and witnessed more than any other in every dimension of life.
It is our generation that has literally adapted to "CHANGE."
A big round of applause to all the members of a very special generation, which will be UNIQUE!

Author unknown

Back