• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Registration in Nazi Germ...I Mean CT

That policeman was a professional. She had some ok questions at first but 90% of what she said and asked was to the wrong person. I'd like to think that no officer of the law would participate in a confiscation but I know that's not reality.

If there is armed resistance in CT it won't stay there. It will spread. The Feds will get involved. It will get out of control, and we'll be lucky to live thru it.

Gunny, it would certainly be ugly. Civil War II. Maybe this time the shot heard round the world will be some poor guy in CT that has just had enough and won't surrender the 2nd amendment.

I think my sig line fits into this thread pretty well:
So, when the government scares us into the disuse of freedom, we have only ourselves to blame when Big Brother comes calling. And when he does come, on his face there will be no smile. - Judge Napolitano

No problem 3skulls. Keep up the good posts.

If there is armed resistance in CT it won't stay there. It will spread. The Feds will get involved. It will get out of control, and we'll be lucky to live thru it.
Well there is always two sides to that coin......

Gunny, it would certainly be ugly. Civil War II. Maybe this time the shot heard round the world will be some poor guy in CT that has just had enough and won't surrender the 2nd amendment.

Good friend , if I may give my opinion, subject to 100% inaccuracy.
We are staring straight into a revolution, we call it stand replacement at work.
You have different degrees of damage from beneficial fire to stand replacement......starting over completely from nothing, a 200 year old entity burned to the ground to rise again.
I think like you guys that it will have to be a shot heard around the world to get things fired up.
I think it will quickly unfold into a culture war, no borders, no lines, not racial but a political, religious, neighbor against neighbor, people who look the same killing each other over beliefs.
The government will be hated by everyone, they cannot win against that.
All the drones and crap in the world wont do them any good in the end.
First there will be the solders and command that will fight against its own citizens no doubt, they disserve to die but they will take many with them.
Then there will be the solders and command that wont, allies to be supported at all cost.
Then there are vets and patriots who are trained and pose a big challenge to the government because patriots are underground. Most vets I know are ready, some aren't. They for the most part are on the peoples side imo. They gave the most to prserve our way of life and don't want it to be for nothing. They did it for family and friends not the Feds.
There will be a large population that will directly support the fighters with shelter, hiding, food, medical attention.
There will be some of the population indifferent , not wanting to help and draw attention too much but probably wont snitch you off. Then there will be some who would give you up.
A lot would die but in the end the people will prevail.

Last edited:
^^ When I look around the world and thru history right up to today, I see what can happen. From the days of Lenin, thru Mao and China, and the fall of the USSR, to the Arab Spring, Venezuela, Georgia, Ukraine, and many more. The people do not always prevail. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

whatever man, stay on the losing team, I plan to win

So do I (plan to win). We've both been around long enough to know that the world is not a Hollywood movie and the good guys don't always win. I'm sorry if you took my post as some defeatist whine. It was not intended as such.

As a soldier I could only hope to god I never get pulled into that mess. But I remember that I am sworn to uphold the constitution of the United States. As such I understand where the constitution came from, why and how.

Furthermore, I see the men and women to my left and right and they are our neighbors, brothers, sisters, children, etc. I can't picture one who would sit kindly on armed action against their own.

God help them if they do.

thanks Gunny, we are going to need you if it goes down.....and your right failure is always an option

I don't see the American Patriot surrendering their arms. Perhaps the die is cast and we just don't know it yet. Time will tell if they try to confiscate guns in CT or elsewhere. Maybe instead of out "Remember The Alomo" our call will be "Remember Connecticut". If someone volunteers their gun to confiscation, knowing what we know about that leading to shackles, it probably just as well to weed them out now. They'd just get in the way anyhow.

If something ever goes down their is no telling where the outcome would lead. It certainly could lead to bad places but I think I'll place my money on the outcome Oli described. Live Free or Die.

I don't see the American Patriot surrendering their arms. Perhaps the die is cast and we just don't know it yet. Time will tell if they try to confiscate guns in CT or elsewhere. Maybe instead of out "Remember The Alomo" our call will be "Remember Connecticut". If someone volunteers their gun to confiscation, knowing what we know about that leading to shackles, it probably just as well to weed them out now. They'd just get in the way anyhow.

If something ever goes down their is no telling where the outcome would lead. It certainly could lead to bad places but I think I'll place my money on the outcome Oli described. Live Free or Die.

Odd thing about that word - Patriot - . Webster defines it as: "one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests." That definition requires further definition of "its (meaning country) authority and interests." The Constitution and Declaration provides that definition for those who support those founding documents in their original form and intent, but the Webster definition could also be applied quite differently by those who view the founding documents as in dire need of updating. Both sides could (and do) claim to be Patriots.

Just something to think about. :)

I hear you Gunny. I guess history lets the winner declare who the Patriot is Gunny. I think most progressives/liberals would cringe at being called a Patriot. It seems to me they more think of themselves as citizens of the world. The worst of them are embarrassed to be called "American" and I despise them for it.

I tip my Friday night beer and say cheers to the Patriots in CT.

I hear you Gunny. I guess history lets the winner declare who the Patriot is Gunny. I think most progressives/liberals would cringe at being called a Patriot. It seems to me they more think of themselves as citizens of the world. The worst of them are embarrassed to be called "American" and I despise them for it.

I tip my Friday night beer and say cheers to the Patriots in CT.

Ditto.

Just an aside to illustrate the diff between CT and here: We went out for supper tonite to one of our long time favorite local restaurants. We knew the original owners well, but it's under new management now - the old couples grand daughter in fact. She'd actually been running the place for the last 10 years anyway. During our usual meet n' greet, I asked her what her policy was in regards to armed patrons. She said she hadn't actually thought about it until I mentioned it, but that she doesn't mind folks being armed, concealed or open, as long as they aren't some wacko rolling in to do bad things and that she was considering getting a gun for behind the counter and what would I recommend. Told her a .38/357 revolver would probably be best. My wife has a S&W Model 60 and backed me up on that. I said I'd probably wear my cowboy rig next time we came in (.41mag Blackhawk). No problem. :)

Back