• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Handgun Recommendations and Advice...

Re: need advice

When I saw this come up in my email I thought I was gonna see that you had it in your hands man!

Is it weird I'm excited for other people getting new guns?

No weirder than me being stoked about your AR……….I don’t know when it will ship but Buds guarantees within 7 days after order. Money came out of my account and I had the FFL guy fax a copy to them right in front of me so should be soon. I’ll probably just start a CZ thread……unless one exists.

I don't think we've got a CZ thread yet. Go ahead and start one up when you're ready...

:lol: cool, I'm not the only one! Jenny says what I do is borderlined obsessive! :D

I'll check out the CZ thread!

I've been wonderin since all the talk and closer examination of the 9mm...

Is there a 9 that is NOT a double stack, something also that is closer to a full size frame?

The only problem i have is that the double stack 9's never feel right in my hand, just block and uncomfortable and the grip isnt long enough.

Please advise! :D And Thank You!!!

so I remember you shooting a Ruger....just dont work for you at all no matter howyou grip it?

Youre right, I have shot a Ruger P95 I think it was on a few occasions. I can do it, but no it really doesnt feel right. It doesnt feel like it "fits".

Oh! I should mention, he did have the extended magazine on his. I know with the stuff you posted in the CZ thread, in the side x side pics with the 1911 it looked as if the two are very close in size, or width at least, so I'm def gonna be interested in knowing what you think about that when you have yours! Although that was a 97 model... I dont remember about the P 01 and the SP 01, I'll have to look again!

Thanks Oli!

Re: The 9mm Luger

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Hey Brad, you know they make 1911s in 9mm right? :D

OH YEAH!!! I forgot! That could quite possibly work! I'm gonna keep this in the "Advice thread", Thank you LES!

Any particular make or model you would recommend, and how does the Beretta compare in size to my beloved full size govt. 1911?

Beretta 92/96 feels way fatter than the 1911 and it even felt a touch bigger than the Ruger , all the reading I did people with small hands prefer the grip of the P-01 and the reach to the trigger of the 1911. The way the CZ P-01 grips are shaped make up for the bigness.....Hard to explain. You might have to go for a 1911 in 9

I've got an STI 9mm on my short list, but most 1911 manufacturers have 9mm models in their line these days. Springfield makes a couple...

Ahhh, I see what youre sayin Oli. That Beretta sure is an attractive gun though... My hands are kinda wide, not even long enough though that I can hit the mag release of my 1911 without kinda flippin it towards me to reach it with my thumb. I cant release it by wrapping my middle finger around it,. so something fatter or wider makes this exponentially worse.

Fellas, the 1911 very well may be the ticket, but I'd really like to compare it with the CZ first. I looked at the one at the gun store, but it wasnt the particular model you mentioned Oli, the P-01.

Here are some pics I found…..not too close in width but you should hold one anyway. I think the reach to the trigger is going to be further than the 1911 too. Seems like a cool idea to go a 1911 again as it would be cheaper to shoot than your 45 but on the other hand seems like you already have whats best for you and the money you spend on a new pistol will buy you a ton of 45’s…..never easy.

p013.jpg

p01.jpg

Back