• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Maverick 88 fail to fire

Called Mossberg back today. Spoke to Linda. She was only able to tell me that my serial number had not been logged in yet. She also could not tell me if the gun had arrived or not. I don't know if they have some huge backlog, but she said that guns that had arrived on Monday were just now being logged in. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tax time is always busy for most companies. People are willing to spend money on extra features and custom items so business' get busy. Hopefully they get to it quickly though.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Tax time is always busy for most companies. People are willing to spend money on extra features and custom items so business' get busy. Hopefully they get to it quickly though.

I can't relate. When I do my taxes I always have to write a check. :D Take care. Tom Worthington.

The plot thickens. :) Today, Manny (at Mossberg) tells me that they do not have any record of the gun arriving yet. He asks if I have a tracking number. I don't. I call my dealer to get the tracking number. He doesn't seem to remember where he put it. Dealer says he'll call me back with a tracking number. Something tells me I'm gonna have to call my dealer back to get that number.

In spite of the delay, my bigger concern is still that the problem be solved before it is sent back to me. The wait will be worth it, if it is. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Feeling better. :) I got the tracking number. The package wasn't given to FedEx til March 3. It arrived in Eagle Pass on March 8 (Thursday). It's no wonder they haven't gotten to it yet. :) Take care. Tom Worthington.

Today, Roger told me that it still isn't logged in. Real anxious just to hear them say that they found "something", you know? My nightmare is that they get it in and can't locate anything out of the norm. Take care. Tom Worthington.

I commend your patience. Your gun shop doesn’t deserve you business. Keep up the positive attitude. I had ordered a pistol last year and I was being patient trying not to be a pain in the ass and finally I had to call and see what the word was. He picked up the phone and said "yeah it’s been here for about a week".....i show up and its behind the counter laying on the floor in a pile of dog hair...I told him if it wasn’t such a good deal I would refuse the transfer . Never went back. In this day and age CS better be #1 because I can have my kid order me a gun from his iphone and cut the middle man out all together. That’s what I did with my CZ...They all wanted my money for the order but none of them wanted to try to find the gun because it wasn’t easy.....losers

oli700 said:
I commend your patience. Your gun shop doesn’t deserve you business. Keep up the positive attitude.

Heck, life is good. And I highly suspect it beats the alternative. :D Take care. Tom Worthington.

Great news. Spoke to Veronica at Mossberg today. They have replaced the trigger housing and the gun has already been shipped back to my dealer. Even got a tracking number to check on it with. :) Expected to arrive on Wednesday. I was even happier to hear that they had replaced the trigger housing than I was to hear it would be back soon. :) Take care. Tom Worthington.

Very cool!
Glad to hear its on its way home!

good to hear its headed back and they found a solution. hopefully, they put a few down range to verify function.

It's home...and it works! :D Count me among the folks who are satisfied with Mossberg customer service. Never had to bug any supervisors either. Not happy there was a problem in the first place, but I'm very happy with the resolution.

I ran 25 shells through it today. Zero misfires. I'm gonna keep leaning on it though, til I deem it a total success. :D If it is, I suspect I'll be buying more products from them again before long. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Outstanding!

Glad to hear your 88 is back in your hands and functioning as intended. Keep us posted...

Ran another 55 rounds (80 total now) through it without a single hiccup. And I'm using the cheapest birdshot available. It's Winchester AA that I bought in a 250 round pack from Wal Mart. All the primer strikes look really good. Maybe I better shut up before I jinx myself. :D Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
Ran another 55 rounds (80 total now) through it without a single hiccup. And I'm using the cheapest birdshot available. It's Winchester AA that I bought in a 250 round pack from Wal Mart. All the primer strikes look really good. Maybe I better shut up before I jinx myself. :D Take care. Tom Worthington.
Real Glad its working 100%

One question though. I have never seen a 250 round pack of shells at Wally World.
We call that a Flat of shells, 10 boxes.
Even so, I have only seen the 100 round Value Packs or individual boxes.
What is the price of the 250 round packs there? May be worth a trip there.. ;)

LTB45 said:
One question though. I have never seen a 250 round pack of shells at Wally World.
We call that a Flat of shells, 10 boxes.
Even so, I have only seen the 100 round Value Packs or individual boxes.
What is the price of the 250 round packs there? May be worth a trip there.. ;)

It was in a center isle display. I would say there must have been about 15000 rounds in one big stack. The outside container is white cardboard, but the individual 25 round (10 of them) boxes are black. They are #9 target birdshot rounds. It was only for 12 gauge, no 20 or .410 displayed. I believe it was $47 for 250 rounds. I haven't seen the 250 pack before or since. The 100 round packs (birdshot only) are very common in WalMart here. They keep the buckshot inside a glass case and the largest amount is 15 rounds. Take care. Tom Worthington.

$47 is a real good price for a flat.
I am going to have to check ALL my local Wally Worlds...THANKS!

Maverick 88 fail to fire

Tom396 said:
It's home...and it works! :D Count me among the folks who are satisfied with Mossberg customer service. Never had to bug any supervisors either. Not happy there was a problem in the first place, but I'm very happy with the resolution.

I ran 25 shells through it today. Zero misfires. I'm gonna keep leaning on it though, til I deem it a total success. :D If it is, I suspect I'll be buying more products from them again before long. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Great to hear! I just picked up an 88 a few days ago and took the advice from people here and cleaned it right out of the box, so hopefully I wont run into the same troubles you had. Can't wait to get to a range to fire her off! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back