• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where's all the AMMO?

aksavanaman said:
Pretty ballsy, but I like it! Thank you Sen. Inhofe!

The bill is currently in the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committee. Which is comprised of these people. Which will shove it off on one of their subcommittees. Don't know what they will do, but if you want to have your voice heard these are the ones to contact.

http://www.hsgac.senate.gov/about

All other questions and theories aside, I did get extremely lucky today. First, I found a 25 round mag in Bass Pro, but no ammo.

I decided to check Orscheln for ammo (with whom I've been 0 for 25 in checking). I was STUNNED when I saw they had about 8 525-round boxes on the shelf.

I bought 2 for myself and 1 for my shooting partner. F'in jazzed!

Lol, way to get us back on track hawk! I think we're all a bit on edge right now... to many crazies walking around on the streets and in D.C.

Darkhawk40 said:
I decided to check Orscheln for ammo (with whom I've been 0 for 25 in checking). I was STUNNED when I saw they had about 8 525-round boxes on the shelf. I bought 2 for myself and 1 for my shooting partner. F'in jazzed!

Nice score. Can I ask what you had to pay for them?

carbinemike said:
Darkhawk40 said:
I decided to check Orscheln for ammo (with whom I've been 0 for 25 in checking). I was STUNNED when I saw they had about 8 525-round boxes on the shelf. I bought 2 for myself and 1 for my shooting partner. F'in jazzed!

Nice score. Can I ask what you had to pay for them?

Since Orscheln is a national retail chain, they don't price gouge. Only paid $21.99 per box... Yes, they were Remingtons, but I'd shoot Poop .22LR ammo at this point.

Darkhawk40 said:
No worries, mate. We're all Americans and we all love our Mossbergs!
Well, not all Americans. But we love our Mossbergs just the same! :D

cmcdonald said:
Darkhawk40 said:

Sorry, point taken. We Americans, including myself, sometimes forget that there are other countries in the world besides us. :)

Darkhawk40 said:
cmcdonald said:
Darkhawk40 said:

Sorry, point taken. We Americans, including myself, sometimes forget that there are other countries in the world besides us. :)

He isn't going to believe that we forget about other countries in the world, Darkhawk, not with our spy satellites, CIA and assistance to every country that we can help, mostly when they ask for it, sometimes when they deserve it.
Syria, Iran and Israel doesn't look very good right now. Here's hopin' I can get ammo for my 715T soon, before some end of days SHTF scenario .

Planning on a EARLY morning run at Wally world.

Darkhawk40 said:
cmcdonald said:
Darkhawk40 said:

No apology necessary...just pokin' fun! :D

aksavanaman said:
Lol, way to get us back on track hawk! I think we're all a bit on edge right now... to many crazies walking around on the streets and in D.C.

In D.C.? Noooo! (Mock disbelief) There have been crazies there since the early 1800's Congress!
And that's in Congress!
Crazy residents started after Martin Luther King assassination and never stopped.

Guns were banned by Congress (afraid of someone that didn't like their "representation" or lack there of(D.C. residents have NO REPRESENTATION in Congress) around 1950 or so.
Born and raised there. I'm 65 now, so that's a lot of years of D.C..
Best thing is you can now own a gun there! (I'm SURE the forms and fees will get you parking tickets waiting for forms, service, applying and processing and anything else they can make a hundred bucks on.
Before, only criminals had guns in "Our Nations Capitol". (Sounds like a bad joke, doesn't it?)
(100rd Tec 9's were very popular with the criminals back in the 1990's or so)

Hey! If you can buy a gun in D.C. now, does that mean they allow ammunition too?!
OR, do you have to go to Virginia to buy, just like old times?

GunnyGene said:
Sen. Inhofe has introduced S.843 to require Non-DoD agencies to limit their purchases. Details and bill here: http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.php Search for S.843 There's a companion bill in the House.

On Aaron Klein’s weekend show on New York City’s WABC radio, Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Inhofe accused the Obama administration of buying up ammunition at an unprecedented level to bypass the Second Amendment so gun-owners “can’t even buy ammunition because government is purchasing so much.”

“Let’s make sure that your audience out there is aware, Aaron, that our president, Obama, has been doing everything he could to stop the private ownership of guns in America,” Inhofe said. “You know that, everyone knows that. And yet he’s been voted down in a big way by a large majority. And so my feeling is that he’s doing this to buy up [ammunition] so that we can’t buy: Honest, law-abiding citizens here in the United States, like my son, can’t even buy ammunition because government is purchasing so much.”

Inhofe explained to Klein he is working to introduce the Ammunition Management for More Obtainability (AMMO) bill that will limit “non-defense, armed federal agencies to pre-Obama levels of ammunition.”

“It’s designed to have the GAO (that’s the Government Accounting Office) inventory — not the Defense Department, but all other departments that use weaponry — as to what they’re doing in terms of the amount of ammunition that they have bought to dry up the market for honest, law-abiding citizens,” Inhofe said.

The Oklahoma Republican called the buy-ups intentional and referred to testimony last month from Nick Nayak, the Department of Homeland Security’s chief procurement officer, who said DHS has the right to buy up the ammunition.

“I believe it’s intentional,” Inhofe said. “Now we had someone testify the other day the DHS, the Department of Homeland Security, has the ‘right’ — this is a bureaucrat that said this — they have the ‘right’ to buy as much as they want, and they’re planning to buy 750 million rounds. Well, that is more than three times the amount that our soldiers are using for training to defend our nation. So, it’s just another effort to restrict gun activity and ownership. We have in this country the Second Amendment, that preserves the right to keep and bear arms, and the president doesn’t believe in that.”

Inhofe was skeptical of theory that the ammo buy-up was an effort by DHS to seize power from the state, as some have suggested, but did say it was unprecedented and shouldn’t be allowed.

“This has never happened in this country before,” he added. “We’ve never had government trying to take that much control at the expense of the law-abiding citizens. And we’re not going to let it happen.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/06/inhof ... z2SYVk1dW5

Thank you very much for that very informative post. I have seen nothing of it in the news, but I have been really busy. Hoping everybody gets those Congressional phone numbers together again and be prepared to bug the hell out of them to approve this bill because we're taking names!

I really don't want to say this, but I can't hold back.
You folks are better prepared and I am not.
I don't gain anything from not mentioning this,
I just don't want to "jinx" it ;)
(this scares the crap out of me because it would be nearly instantaneous and totally devastating.)

To screw the USA in the WORST WAY, not a shot needs to be fired!
It almost happened about a year and a half ago in a summit in Japan, if memory serves me correctly,

There was a conference of China, Japan, Russia and European countries to discuss making the "world currency" something other than the U.S. dollar. (Our financial crisis took down the WORLD and WE were the first to get back on our feet (except Germany) ! That's got to sting! )

If that happened our money would be worthless and OUR country would have WORTHLESS currency!
(We have nothing to back up our currency, remember? We print it as we need it, NOT, individually, of course, but our government. Other countries can't do that and they are pissed that we keep getting away with it. Think "revenge".)

Our money would be useless except for packaging material!

Civil unrest would be an understatement.

Obama knows more than anyone else how "on the edge we are from the world saying, "That's it! No more U.S. dollars for World trade! (Sure seems like something's up to cause these massive buys of ammo)

The U.S. may well start a war, if that happened, because there might be no other choice.

When the English pound was taken off as the world currency many years ago, they starved, got diseased (no money, no medicine) and it decimated their country for many, many years as their civilization melted down and very slowly recovered.

Your thoughts?

I had an occasion this week to begin hoping that the ammo shortage is letting up. I have been doing some job site work in the next county over and I found a local hardware store with a 30 foot gun counter. As usual, the typical calibers were not available but I was told they were getting 20 bricks of .22 later in the week. I was back 2 days later and it had arrived but wasn't unloaded so I missed it. I stopped this week and could not believe my luck. They had just brought a cart of ammo from the stock room...70 bricks of .22, all major hand gun caliber bullets along with 5.56 in small boxes and 2 that were 1000 round boxes. AR magazines too. $55,000 worth of ammo. I am not to bad off but the .22 is getting to what I consider my time to buy so I picked up two bricks of CCI .22. Me and two other customers actually pulled them off the cart. The counter guy also said they had a full stock of AR's and most were priced where they were late last summer. I hope this is a good sign or else the store owner made a deal with the devil.

sounds like you scored Mike. :D

hope you are right about things coming back.

yup... we've had Colt AR15 LE model at wallyworld for $1500... and they had a whole shelf of Bx25 mags. I'm not letting my guard down just yet though!

Just went out tonight for a little Friday Night Relief and guess what ammo was easily found??

.223!!! PMC 20rnds for $9.99... I don't know the original price of that before this scare but Dicks had about 50 boxes of it. 30-06 and .270, as well as 300 WSM and 7mm were there too if it matters lol. Walmart was sucked dry, Dunhams was just outrageous... $40 for simple Remington ammo...

I actually found .22LR at our Dunham's today, but it was only $2.19 a box of 50 and with a 10% off coupon I had actually got it for $1.97...4 box limit. Remington Thunder.

That really isn't all too bad!! The fact that you found it is a miracle to begin with and then that the price isn't $9.99 for 50rnds of 22LR is another :lol:

Just urks me when I see the employees at Walmart buying ammo. I was in there one morning to see if they had my daily quota and there was an employee with a grocery list buying ammo. Really? They need a policy for employees... patrons first... come 5:00 and off your shift... go ahead if there is anything to be had. MTC

Back